Turbo Sim

2008bangkok

Hi :o

Hang in there - i'm still waiting for mine to arrive that i ordered off E-Bay for the same purpose, just that my Blackberry is locked to Orange UK.

If your Blackberry is not one of the 8xxx series, you should be able to get it unlocked at MBK, at a cost of certainly less than a Turbo-SIM. However 8xxx series (to which mine 7130g strangely belongs!) can not be unlocked other than by code, which cost more than the thing is worth.

Price for my Turbo-SIM was just short of 20 U.S. Dollars incl. shipping from Australia. But haven't gotten it yet (12 days so far).

Best regards....

Thanh

Hi :o

Yeah Blackberrys are somewhat rare here - i guess they have a really good way to lock those things so you can only find a few models in Bangkok. In MBK i saw some, usually with an "Orange" logo on them, but unlocked.

4k to unlock a bloody phone... i had a similar "offer" for mine, then checking the 'net it isn't that unrealistic - UK based firms offer to unlock them for similar amounts, actually up to 100 GBP. When i asked how much would they (MBK dealers) give me for my 7130g if unlocked, they told me "3-4k". So - less than the unlocking costs.

So i decided to some day get a fish tank and use it as a decoration in it, but then heard about these "Turbo-SIM" and found a "universal" version of it on e-bay, the seller verified it'd work with Blackberries so i ordered one. I got stuff from that guy before and it worked as intended so i am hoping for the SIM to do the same. It's just strange it takes so long, the other items were in my hands 6 and 8 days after ordering.

If i get it soon i'll let you know how it worked out :D

Best regards....

Thanh