Driving To Chatuchak Market

pattayapete69

Hi All,

I am going to Chatuchak Market in Bangkok on Saturday. I know most will say the easiest way is to get a bus and then get the skytrain to Mo Chit. However, I would prefer to drive as the missus has a tendency to like to load up with goods when we go to markets.

I would rather not drive all the way to Mo Chit as I have been told this can be a pain to get to on a weekend (probably any day come to that), so my question is..... which is the closest (and easiest) BTS station to get to, driving from Pattaya. And, if there is a 'close and easy to get to' one, any ideas on directions of how to get there.

Many Thanks

Peter

Do drive to Mor Chit, use the expressways and it isn't an issue and there is more parking around Chatuchak than there used to be. (but if you took a bus you could get right to Mor Chit anyways)

btw -- sunday traffic is much lighter than Sat traffic

Take the Bangkok-Chonburi motorway (route 7) all the way into Bangkok. After you pass the airport stay right and go up onto the elevated tollway. Carry on straight along here and then start following signs to Chaeng Wattana. You will do a few turns at the end of one expressway and come onto another. Carry on following signs for Chaeng Wattana and exit where you see Kampaengphet 2 exit. when you come off carry on going along the road you come off on, after a while you will see JJ mall on the left and a few places to park the car.

Edited by madjbs