Burglars Shoes A Giveaway

cojones

Cops track down criminal's tell-tale shoes

November 28 2004 at 02:49PM

Bangkok - A suspected murderer and serial burglar who never changed his shoes has been caught by vigilant Thai police after his footwear made their most-wanted list, police said on Sunday.

Ruengchai Plongthongland was arrested on Friday carrying two pistols after a policeman spotted his shoes as the man allegedly scouted for houses to rob in the small northeastern town of Poklang, said a local police spokesperson.

"Police have been tracking him for a long time by using the only lead they had, which was his footprints," said captain Nattawut Boonsing.

"There have been 40 burglaries in the Poklang area alone and we could see the brand of his 'Walkers' open-toe shoes stamped everywhere he went," he said.

Nattawut said the man was also charged with the murder of teenager killed during a burglary in a nearby province two months ago and had confessed to robbing houses in at least two other provinces.

Ruengchai allegedly netted seven billion baht (just over R1-million) from robberies over the past year, which he spent on gambling and his wife.

His wife - reportedly unaware of her husband's criminal activities - had bought a house next to one belonging to Thai tennis superstar Paradorn Srichaphan with the the money, said the Bangkok Post.

The suspect re-enacted his alleged crime on Friday under heavy security to prevent enraged locals from attacking him, said police.

Not again!!!!!

There is a news clippings section for ummm, news clippings funnily enough.

This section is not for news clippings.

Got it??

ONLY GEORGE IS ALLOWED TO POST NEWS CLIPPINGS IN THE NEWS SECTION !!

GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE HAS TO MOVE THEM OVER AS IT'S HIS SACRED TERRITORY .

NOT FOR ME

Myself, I'd question the US$175 million "take."  I would think he would have quit while he was ahead. 

:o

Somehow the math seems a bit dodgy. Someone with US$175 million would be a pretty high profile Thai. A bit strange he would not invest in a new pair of shoes, but nobody said criminals were the brightest bulb in the store. :D

The math has got to be wrong.

7 MILLION might be possible. That would be netting 175,000 baht per burglary. If he struck gold (literally) on a few of them he might have brought the average up considerably that way.

Either that, or a few homeowners are going to the bank in a big way with insurance fraud! :o

And I'm thinking wifey HAD TO KNOW papa was working a night job to suddenly come into that kind of loot. Lord knows the garage somewhere had to be filling up with cheap plastic furniture and glued together jigsaw puzzles! :D

~WISteve