Noise Pollution

davylad

There are noise pollution laws and I think the 1337 number is designed to get some figures on things so they can act.

I stayed at a new hotel in Phuket a few years ago and the English owner told me how strict laws were and he knew what dB level was emitting from his building.

However I nderstand how someone gets to makes a new bar (building permit, zoning) and ongoing checks for compliance are OK. PAy off obviously.

But why build an open bar in a residential zone. Total disregard for the neighbourhood. If you want a bar make a proper building and sound proof it.

All i can say, I have talked with a few developers and realtors about this and this is one of the factors holding Thailand back. There is no safety in buying a house or a condo as anyone is free to start a bar or factory next door.

1000's of rooms available and no buyers

needs some longer term planning me thinks

• 1 month later...

Building a bar in a residential area is not the problem, its the Noise! For some reason, the bars think that it brings in more customers if the music is loud. I live in the middle of a group of bars, and it seems that the music gets louder as the night goes on. It wouldnt be so bad, if it was just one bar, but when all the music is mixed together, then its just mumble. Not sure if there is an answer to this problem, except when you visit a bar, if the music is toooo loud, ask them to turn it down or leave, and tell them why you are leaving.

If any one is still reading this thread......Bose products are NOT sold at Bangkok airport. It is not possible to buy a mobile phone there either.

I tried buying the Bose noise cancelling head sets at the BKK airport - they are about 270 UK pounds e.q. at other airports around the globe where they are on sale. I was offered inferior alternatives at BKK.

A colleague of mine who lives in Vietnam travellng through the BKK airport 2 months ago tried to buy a mobile phone and was told none are for sale. He asked me why this was the case....the only answer I have is ...............TIT

Maybe Mr Thaksin knows the reason...did he not own a Telephone company....?

And as for noise pollution in Thailand.................................its a lost cause trying to avoid noise. :annoyed:

Karaoke was invented by the Japs as revenge for losing the rail franchise to Burma.....:whistling:

who ever made the comment 'aren't we guests here ?' is just so retarded....if you live in a community, people should respect their neighbors or <deleted> off back to the farm where they came from !!

I'm living in Soi Nernplubwan and have been up everyday at 6am due to the following

4.30 Rooster from somewhere behind the village starts crowing non stop !!

5.00 Islam temple starts wailing for about 15 minutes (which my dog joins in)

6.00 Some fcukface with a salang comes along and starts rooting in the bins for plastic which drives my dog nuts.

So there i am, on the <deleted> computer at 6am... not to mention the <deleted> mosquitoes which are driving me INSANE !!!!!!!!!

Edited by William Osborne

who ever made the comment 'aren't we guests here ?' is just so retarded....if you live in a community, people should respect their neighbors or <deleted> off back to the farm where they came from !!

I'm living in Soi Nernplubwan and have been up everyday at 6am due to the following

4.30 Rooster from somewhere behind the village starts crowing non stop !!

5.00 Islam temple starts wailing for about 15 minutes (which my dog joins in)

6.00 Some fcukface with a salang comes along and starts rooting in the bins for plastic which drives my dog nuts.

So there i am, on the <deleted> computer at 6am... not to mention the <deleted> mosquitoes which are driving me INSANE !!!!!!!!!

We are guests here! what the Thais tend to forget (conveniently) is that we are PAYING guests and deserve some respect!!!