Yahoo Mail

jitagon

I have a couple of Yahoo mail accounts and for the past four days or so, the downloads are ridiculously slow, and then it says, cannot access try reverting to Yahoo Classic, and when I do there's just a white page with a list of mails on it, still loading at a snail's pace. I have to copy down the senders' addresses and then reply from a Gmail account :D My Browser is Firefox 2, but can't be the browser as everything else loads okay in Firefox, also tried IE for Yahoo - and loading the same as Firefox.

My TOT line has been crashing two to six times a day :D So the service seems to be improving :o

Anyone else have problems?

Good to know that I am not the only one complaining. It has been terrible for weeks now! :o:D:D

No problems with Yahoo mail here. Thonglor, True internet.

Cheers, Rick

It's not just yahoo for me here in Saraburi, but the entire internet seems to be on a crawl!

Good to know that I am not the only one complaining. It has been terrible for weeks now! :o:D:D

Cheers, Rick

It's not just yahoo for me here in Saraburi, but the entire internet seems to be on a crawl!

Hi sensei,

When i had a similar problem the techies on here recommended that i use open DNS to speed things up. I did what they suggested and it really did work.

Go to opendns.com for the instructions. Its worth a try and not difficult to do.

DNS settings

Cheers, Rick

Yes I seem to have confused the thread by putting the bit in about the slow internet connection.

So, specifically Yahoo Mail and features then. Everything else loads fine.

I did manage to get on to Yahoo Help, to find someone who'd had the exact same problem, all Yahoo features slow loading, if at all, but every other website loading fine - and the 'best answer' chosen was 'No mine's loading fine' !!! :o

Yes I seem to have confused the thread by putting the bit in about the slow internet connection.

I did manage to get on to Yahoo Help, to find someone who'd had the exact same problem, all Yahoo features slow loading, if at all, but every other website loading fine - and the 'best answer' chosen was 'No mine's loading fine' !!! :o

Hi jitagon, I have just been to check the speed on Yahoo mail and the whole page loaded in around 3 seconds, so it must be something at your end?

Good luck with finding a solution.

Cheers, Rick

What response times do you get to the rest of the internet - I suggest that your ISP connection is the most likely issue.

Assuming your PC works well otherwise, compare the response time to Yahoo with other ISP connections on the island by visiting a few internet cafés, if the operators do not know which ISP they are using you can check online by looking up the IP address that the place uses with the ADSL speed test below.

Thai ADSL Speed Test and gives some useful data:

» Date & Time = October 3, 2008 3:34 pm

» IP Address = 147.73.259.191 *

» ISP = TTTNET

» Company = Maxnet ISP, Bangkok Thailand, for Dynamic IP pools of ADSL service.

» Country = Thailand

I don't use Yahoo mail very much at all, but if your mail is being hosted at mail.Yahoo.com I am getting response time to there of 250ms - suggests that it might be being hosted in America (when I compare to a site I know there). Whatever your ISP provides in terms of bandwidth will be quoted within Thailand, if Yahoo mirrored the email server within Thailand that 'might' help, I am unsure if such free accounts will be moved to mail servers geographically nearer to you - and so be faster to access.

HTH (sorry for not writting a fuller explaination but I have a little work to do too.)

I will say it again...

The ENTIRE Internet is flowing like thick syrup...

Needless to say... "ENTIRE" includes Yahoo!

Edited by sensei

Cheers, Rick

Hi sensei,

When i had a similar problem the techies on here recommended that i use open DNS to speed things up. I did what they suggested and it really did work.

Go to opendns.com for the instructions. Its worth a try and not difficult to do.

DNS settings

Cheers, Rick

Thanks, Rick!

Will try that!