Which Floor

binnsy

All taxi departures are supposed to be on the 1st (ground) floor. That is where the official cab stand is.

As a practical matter, you can get a taxi on any floor.

Meter is if the driver turns it on, if not, you insist that he does. If he will not, get out.

All taxi departures are supposed to be on the 1st (ground) floor. That is where the official cab stand is.

Meter is if the driver turns it on, if not, you insist that he does. If he will not, get out.

Wrong. The official taxi stand is on the 2nd floor (arrivals). It was changed from 1st floor over a year ago.

cheers

onzestan

It's by door 3 on the 2nd floor of arrivals. It used to be all the way at the end of the 2nd floor, but they moved it a couple of months ago.

I fly into/out of BKK regularly and have never had a problem with the metered taxis.

Any time I used to go to meet Mrs H2O when she came through arrivals we would go one floor up to depatrures. Walk outside and wait for a taxi meter dropping somebody off at departures and jump in. Never had any bother and they were always grateful of a fare back into town. The Shanghai in China town with a good tip was 250.

:o

Wrong. The official taxi stand is on the 2nd floor (arrivals). It was changed from 1st floor over a year ago.

cheers

onzestan

I stand corrected...it has probably been about that long since I took a taxi from the official stand.

I either catch one from the departures level, or have the wife pick me up.

It certainly makes more sense to have the taxi stand on the arrivals level.

Edited by mgjackson69

cheers

onzestan

I stand corrected...it has probably been about that long since I took a taxi from the official stand.

I either catch one from the departures level, or have the wife pick me up.

It certainly makes more sense to have the taxi stand on the arrivals level.

No problem, just hate to give wrong information to people.

cheers

onzestan

Jeez, how often do we have this question with silly replies on top of that?

Two taxis desks, one at door 3 the other at door 10, arrivals level.

If ever there is along queue walk to the other stand, might help.

Tell your destination to the clerk, drivers will be waiting in line, make sure meter is turned on.

Clerk will give driver and passenger a ticket with driver's name and license number.

Pay toll as you go on highway and add 50 baht more to the meter for airport service plus toll.

Small tips appreciated (rounding up)

I just go to the departure floor and grap one theat ferry in passenger to the airport. I know where I am going in Bangkok, and I have no communication problem with the driver. Fast, easy, no Q, no 50 Baht premium.

Always wondered why building expensive airport with departures and arrival levels.

Just make one entry arrivals/departures, one area for cars to drop/pick-up pasengers.

Could also mix check-in area with bagage claims whilst we are at it.

Immigration same desk for entering/leaving country

Huge savings.

Alking, you are a smart guy, saving 50B eh? :o

Edited by tartempion

Always wondered why building expensive airport with departures and arrival levels.

Just make one entry arrivals/departures, one area for cars to drop/pick-up pasengers.

Could also mix check-in area with bagage claims whilst we are at it.

Immigration same desk for entering/leaving country

Huge savings.

Could build a shopping mall on the land side of immigration to raise even more money...