Uk Tourist Visa Success For Thai Boyfriend

Hi,

I wrote on here over a month ago with regards to any information that would be useful for getting my Thai boyfriend a visitor visa to UK Just wanted to say a big thank you to all those who responded and gave me advice. Especially the ladies as they have been through a similar situation.

We submitted his application on Tuesday morning this week and it was ready for pick up on Thursday. It barely took 2 full working days. I couldn't believe it.

The only thing was, I was fully sponsoring him and had said so in my letter and we said that he had no money. The girl at the visa centre suggested to him that he say he as some cash at home, around 30,000 baht and she made him write this on the application. I was furious with him when he came out and told me as I was worried that they would need proof of the money and not approve his application. But he said she was being really helpful and I guess it worked along with everything else.

Thanks again.

Check the guidance on UK/Vac all the info is on the site.

Yeah I've been on there but in this pdf it says that you need to include sponsors bank statements for the last 6 months which is not a very good thing to be sending considering all of the valueable informatiom it has on there. I was just wondering if she sent them off or not seen as she got the visa easily.

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/images/VisitSocial.pdf

Edited by jonas106

If you are sponsoring a vistor to the UK then you have to show you have the funds to do so.

Supply everthing they ask for. Not doing so will only cause problems with the application, and may even result in a refusal. Don't worry, all information will be treated in confidence and all original documents will be returned.

Congrats to Youngsue, enjoy his visit.

Despite the horror stories one reads on sites such as this, your experience is the norm. The vast majority of visas are issued within days, without any interview. Provided, of course, the application includes all the relevent information.

My advice always has been, and always will be, to include everything. Better to give them information they don't need than leave out something that they do.

Edited by 7by7

Did you have to send off your bank statements and passport info seen as you were sponsoring him? I don't really want to be doing this myself and was wondering if you had to do it.

Yes I did supply them 6 month original Bank Statements and Savings A/C statements and every other personnel detail about me. My salary, my house ownership etc. I didn't send them I actually flew to Bangkok and brought them with me. My boyfriend was clueless about everything as his reading and writing English is not good, so I did it all for him. Also I needed to talk to his employers to make sure they put what was required in his employment letter. Again I couldn't really trust my boyfriend to get it right. It was a tough project but we got there in the end. Like the others on the post say, just give them everything and be honest, that's what I did. You get everything back with the passport. So no worries as to who sees your personnel stuff.

Good luck.

PS. One more thing, any queries or any doubts I had I e-mailed the Visa Application Centre they always replied within 24 hours and were always helpful. So anything you are unsure about just e-mail them.

Well done youngsue, hope he enjoys the trip. My husband has lived in London now for nearly 5 years & really enjoys it, still misses thailand but there are so many good things about the UK that he really appriciates, one of them being the moderate weather & he loves winter :o

The girl at the visa centre suggested to him that he say he as some cash at home, around 30,000 baht and she made him write this on the application....

Whilst I don't doubt such things go on, it's a very dangerous game to play. The staff at the visa application centre are untrained in immigration matters, and it perturbs me that they are influencing people's applications through their malinformed "advice".

I'd rather insist that the application goes through as it stands. If the VAC staff wish to advise people, ask them to quote either their OISC registration number, or the details of their Law Society registration. I'll bet you they can give neither.

Scouse.

The girl at the visa centre suggested to him that he say he as some cash at home, around 30,000 baht and she made him write this on the application....

Whilst I don't doubt such things go on, it's a very dangerous game to play. The staff at the visa application centre are untrained in immigration matters, and it perturbs me that they are influencing people's applications through their malinformed "advice".

I'd rather insist that the application goes through as it stands. If the VAC staff wish to advise people, ask them to quote either their OISC registration number, or the details of their Law Society registration. I'll bet you they can give neither.

Scouse.

Well he got good free advice. Oh Scouse remember this is Thailand NOT the uk.....

Scouse.

Scouse,

Can I just say, I new nothing of this until my boyfriend came out and told me what happened. I said to him that he should have come out and discussed it with me first. As I said I was furious with him for letting her do this to him as I still think he would have got the visa even if he said he had no money. My boyfriend didn't really understand the procedure I did everything for him. He even got accosted by some Agent outside and he was ready to walk off with him, in the end I had to politely tell the agent to go away and we would do it ourselves. The Agent was scaring my Boyfriend by saying, "Oh you not married, you will not get visa, come with me and I'll help you". My boyfriend seemed to believe him but he always believes Thai people before he believes me.

Anyway I did not wish to cause any harm by posting about the girl at the Visa centre as was merely pointing it out to help others in the future.

Susan.

Tend to agree Scouse but I would have had the applicant put that he had some cash in the bank and have a book prepared as saying you are absolutely potless cannot be good even if you are.

No, the point was to be honest. He has no money and I am paying for his trip to UK. He would still have got the visa regardless.

Anyway we got the visa, end of.

Well he got good free advice. Oh Scouse remember this is Thailand NOT the uk.....
Wrong!!!! He got very poor advice. Any bending of the truth, if discovered, could cause a refusal.

One of the things they always look for is the padding of an applicants bank account. Doing this is not only risky, it is pointless. As long as there are sufficient funds for the visit it does not matter if those funds are provided by applicant or sponsor.

This may be Thailand, but all UK visa applications are decided by British staff at the embassy, using British law and the UK immigration rules.

Where was the good advice pray tell, the most important part of any application is to tell the truth, it may be in Thailand, but it is the British Embassy, which I believe makes it British Territory and in any case the application is governed by British law!!

There does appear to be more than one post on here to suggest interference by the VAC staff, which is quite unbelievable considering their status.

Anyway I did not wish to cause any harm by posting about the girl at the Visa centre as was merely pointing it out to help others in the future.

Susan.

They need to be sanctioned before they cause visas to be refused.

Well Done Susan and Good luck for the future

Moss

Where was the good advice pray tell, the most important part of any application is to tell the truth, it may be in Thailand, but it is the British Embassy, which I believe makes it British Territory and in any case the application is governed by British law!!

There does appear to be more than one post on here to suggest interference by the VAC staff, which is quite unbelievable considering their status.

Susan.

They need to be sanctioned before they cause visas to be refused.

Well Done Susan and Good luck for the future

Moss

Hope they don't read this forum or you may suddenly find his visa revoked.