Best For Mosquitoes In Room

deejah

i put in a screen window

i tired the coils but prefer not to breath that stuff

got rid of the plants in the room they still get in and they still bite me

someone told me there is a violet light that attracts and kills them in your room

my understanding about lights and zappers is that they do not kill mosquitoes

at the store there are many devices

i don't mind spending a bit

i just want to know what's the most effective for inside a room

that won't harm me in the process

how have other people faired with this issue?

thanks

I haven't had a problem since I bought the little electric gadgets that you pour liquid into a bottle and it emits some sort of odor as you plug it in--has a little light in it as well. The gadget costs about 150B and the refills are around 50B each. Lasts me at least a month for every night use. Tesco Lotus carries the liquid refills. Don't know about breathing the vapors. But, I'm still alive after four years of use! (cough, cough). And no Dengy Fever (which is frequent in this area) :o

I posted this before and many didn’t agree. I use a Black light suction mosquito trap called MosQ Eraser which I purchased in Makro for a little under 1,300 Baht. It emits no fumes, just uses a light and fan

It’s the 4th one I’ve purchased as I was so impressed with the first one. I now have one located in each place I regularly stay in town and out in the village. I switch it on in the bedroom an hour before going to bed and bye bye mossies. Even staying in a house surrounded by rice paddies it keeps the mossies at bay, I don’t get bitten.

I have read somewhere that the coils are suspected of having carcinogenic properties - and a re banned in the US. I guess the elecric mats and liquids are the same.

Moving air is pretty ineffective as they will shelter from it on you.

I guess the best thing is to clear the room with some device and then seal with screens when you sleep so they can't get back in.

Sandflies are the biggest nuisance where I come from and their associated diseases

Depends where you live, if you are in area where there are a lot of mossies best to have a net impregnated with DET. Geckos can help also, don't be afraind to have a few lizards in the bedroom.

Mossies don't like air-con, not sure about a fan, dont think that works. They do like standing water, so if you have an en-suite bathroom make sure the door is closed and sealed.

Best thing to do, if really worried is put some replellant on wrists, ankles and neck before sleeping.

I caught maleria last year whilst staying close to the Cambodian border, not a nice thing to have.

Depends where you live, if you are in area where there are a lot of mossies best to have a net impregnated with DET. Geckos can help also, don't be afraind to have a few lizards in the bedroom.

Mossies don't like air-con, not sure about a fan, dont think that works. They do like standing water, so if you have an en-suite bathroom make sure the door is closed and sealed.

Best thing to do, if really worried is put some replellant on wrists, ankles and neck before sleeping.

I caught maleria last year whilst staying close to the Cambodian border, not a nice thing to have.

I was going to suggest the same, a net sprayed with DEET if all else fails & the aircon on a very low temp.

You have a screen but they still get in, so check for openings elsewhere.

Spray the room 30 minutes before retiring.

Where do you live, so I can avoid that area? :o

I have read somewhere that the coils are suspected of having carcinogenic properties - and a re banned in the US.

Yeah, dodgy. Used to use them and while they did the job, the smoke also seemed to tighten the airways somewhat. :o

I hear rosemary and lemongrass are a good natural way to keep em at bay :D