Thinking Of Moving To Rayong

DavidBrook

Thinking of moving from BKK to Rayong or somewhere close to it. Anyone who lives there can tell me what it is like as a spot to semi-retire to? Probably looking to buy a decent condo too, something nice with sea views and 1 or 2 bedrooms. How much should I expect to pay?

All advice gratefully received.

D

Thinking of moving from BKK to Rayong or somewhere close to it. Anyone who lives there can tell me what it is like as a spot to semi-retire to? Probably looking to buy a decent condo too, something nice with sea views and 1 or 2 bedrooms. How much should I expect to pay?

D

You should post this in the Eastern Thailand forum to get more responses.

I would recommend you look along the beach in Ban Chang (Phala, Phayun and Namrin Beaches), near PMY Resort and Bangkok-Rayong Hospital in Rayong, and along the beach (Hat Mae Rumphueng) to Ban Phe (east of Rayong). Price ranges are 1-4 million baht, depending on location and size. Lots of new construction, so you shouldn't have any problem finding a condo to suit your needs.

It's a great area. Rayong is a big enough city that you won't miss out too much. The area is becoming popular with ex-pats, and I imagine you will see more falang businesses opening up in the future. Ban Chang has a strip of restaurants and bars as there are some good golf courses near there. Rayong province is the fastest growing province in Thailand, and also has the highest per capita income. There are good schools, but it really needs a new shopping mall (Lam Thong is very old). Macro, Tesco/Lotus and Big "C" have good sized stores in Rayong, and a new Tesco/Lotus has opened in Ban Chang. Pattaya is about 1 hour away. You need to make sure you avoid areas which are downwind of Maptaphut, because of the air pollution.

Not sure about that I didn't.

If you find out anything about VIP condo ....transport availability after hours, internet availability etc or other condos accessible to wheelchairs please pm me.

If you find out anything about VIP condo ....transport availability after hours, internet availability etc or other condos accessible to wheelchairs please pm me.

Click

Here for the Eastern forum.

Zap has hit quite a bit on the nail and there has been quite a bit on the VIP on this forum and I believe th e Eastern too, try a search and I'll have a quick scoot as well, I think I might have some info at home, I'll have a look a little later.

Good Luck

Moss

Edited by Mossfinn

D

Hi David/harry

If you click on the Google search above left, it comes up with several threads regarding the VIP Condos, This One gives further web pages to check out, not sure how additional info this or the gives regarding your OP.

BTW, just curious harry why you responded with this,

when it was David who originally posted?

Good Luck

Moss

I posted on the 23rd of Sept in the Eastern Thailand Forum on more or less the same subject and have not had one response :o

And that was also the reason for my post as I posted a few days ago and got one response.

Although I have probably decided to settle in Chiangmai I was interested in Rayong as I found the VIP condo seems reasonable and is accessible.

I do not think my reply was unreasonable.

I posted on the 23rd of Sept in the Eastern Thailand Forum on more or less the same subject and have not had one response :o

And that was also the reason for my post as I posted a few days ago and got one response.

Although I have probably decided to settle in Chiangmai I was interested in Rayong as I found the VIP condo seems reasonable and is accessible.

I do not think my reply was unreasonable.

Many thanks to all those who responded, your opinions were well received and I appreciate your help. You too Harry, have a great time in Chiang Mai - a bit hot for me and a bit of pollution but it is a great place.

D

I know a guy who owns a small condo in Pratumnak. A few years back, he got fed up with Pattaya and decided to also rent a condo in Rayong so he could get away from things here in Fun City. He ended up in a very nice development in Ban Phe (sorry, no idea of the name). He showed me pictures of it and it was quite a bit cheaper than similar accomodation in Pattaya would be. So he spends a week or so in Pattaya, then drives off down to Ban Phe for a week.

The trouble is, there's very little nightlife down there, or at least very little farang-oriented nightlife. He lives near a few Thai bars, but understandably he doesn't really feel much like spending his nights drinking in them. Last time I spoke to him (which was over a year ago), he still hadn't found anywhere that he would feel comfortable seeking female companionship of the overnight variety. So although he still gets fed up with Pattaya, if he wants to drink with a decent bunch of farangs in a nice bar, or find a young filly to pleasure him, he has to do it in Pattaya. Presumably there are decent farang bars in the Rayong area, and undoubtedly there will be ladies available if you know where to look, but not in the nice area where he lives it seems. So if you do move there, check that you won't be bored to death within the first month.

One other point: he often drove back to Pattaya outside his week on/week off schedule because it was pouring with rain in Rayong, while we were lounging in the sun by the swimming pool here in Pattaya. They seem to get a lot more rain down there than we do.