Toyota Corolla Altis/mazda 3

Damaz6052

Vios engine is too small for me and the cabin feels a bit pokey and plasticy, although I wouldn't say it is a bad car. In fact I think the Vios is pretty good value for money. The Altis sport is 1.8.

Edited by ashacat

I am looking at buying a new car and I am undecided between the Corolla or a Mazda 3.

The Corolla seems to be better than the Vios.

Any thoughts

Thanks

I got a 2002 Altis 1.8 vvt-i (red i) as a rental. Goes like stink. Fuel consumption on 91 benzin is approx: 440-550km on 36-40 liters.

Cruising at 140-150 is no problem. :o

The handling and brakes are quite good too. I would get the sport package if this means a lower and stiffer ride.

I am looking at buying a new car and I am undecided between the Corolla or a Mazda 3.

The Corolla seems to be better than the Vios.

Any thoughts

Thanks

I got a 2002 Altis 1.8 vvt-i (red i) as a rental. Goes like stink. Fuel consumption on 91 benzin is approx: 440-550km on 36-40 liters.

Cruising at 140-150 is no problem. :o

The handling and brakes are quite good too. I would get the sport package if this means a lower and stiffer ride.

We have an Altis Sport that is about 4 years old. Not sure they do the Sport package any more. Very nice car. No problems whatsoever.

Thais don't like Corollas cos they are used as taxis. So resale might be an issue.

May I disagree with you on this.....

The exact opposite applies. Thais like Corolla, as they are used by taxis. They are proven reliable cars, easy to maintain, with a good resale value...