Take Your Mrs G/f For A Quiet Break

mazimus

For the past 3/4 years myself my now wife and my kids have visited Langkawi at least once a year.I find it really peacful and sometimes it is nice to get out of the hustle and bustle of mainstream Thailand.Tha beaches are plentiful,quiet and neverending.monkeys roam the streets like stray dogs and the people are (dare i say it) more friendly than your average Thai.It is also very cheap for hotel,alcohol,cigarettes.I can go out of a night with about the equivelant of 700 baht,buy food for me and my wife,go to the pub later buy rounds of drink till im pissed and still wake up with money in my pocket the next day.Its a tax free island and there is plenty to see and do.For anyone wanting to take there other half to Malaysia for a nice wee quiet break it is the perfect island break.Anyone wanting any info on how to do it on the cheap without comprimise drop me a msg and i will let you know where to stay,where to drink etc.We will be there xmas/new year AGAIN.

For the past 3/4 years myself my now wife and my kids have visited Langkawi at least once a year.I find it really peacful and sometimes it is nice to get out of the hustle and bustle of mainstream Thailand.Tha beaches are plentiful,quiet and neverending.monkeys roam the streets like stray dogs and the people are (dare i say it) more friendly than your average Thai.It is also very cheap for hotel,alcohol,cigarettes.I can go out of a night with about the equivelant of 700 baht,buy food for me and my wife,go to the pub later buy rounds of drink till im pissed and still wake up with money in my pocket the next day.Its a tax free island and there is plenty to see and do.For anyone wanting to take there other half to Malaysia for a nice wee quiet break it is the perfect island break.Anyone wanting any info on how to do it on the cheap without comprimise drop me a msg and i will let you know where to stay,where to drink etc.We will be there xmas/new year AGAIN.

Sounds like a good trip for 2009. Happy if you will post or PM suggestions on where to stay and when to go, Cheers. :o

Edited by Chaimai

sounds interesting , how's the weather there late nov/early dec and can you drive there from phuket , also some accomodation recommendations would be good. is LPG available in Malaysia.

Edited by a3tsw

Problem - Airasia no longer fly there

air asia do fly there but from Kuala Lumpur,the best way to go from Thailand,fly to BKK to Hat Yai,get taxi to Pedang Besar,cross the border,get taxi to Kuala Perlis,get the ferry to Langkawi.It will dock at Kuah town,get taxi to Twin Peaks hotel 600bht a night for semi bungalow,then take it easy and relax.The other way to go is to get to Satun in Thailand and get the ferry from there.

Can you pm me details also Thanks

It's not so cheap anymore :o

Usually always sunny Nov-Dec. That sun is really powerful so be careful.

I liked the place, visited 3 times, found it quiet and good for families and couples. Love that airport. I always wondered how Langkawi could build something so nice, while Phuket had a dump (before the upgrades). The structure is something. I went once during the airshow (by coincidence) and got the bonus excitement of seeing a lot of interesting planes. A very uneventful quiet time, hassle free.

Aside from getting my favourite mee goreng, I was able to enjoy very good coffee. They make it strong so it sticks to the bones.

More about Weather in Langkawi:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298283-...When.To.Go.html

The rainy season is from September until mid November, during which time on average, there are about two hours of rain per day. Note that an hour of this precipitation usually comes during the night time. Even during rainy season, the mornings are usually filled with sunshine, with the rain coming during overcast afternoons. The mid-season (neither dry nor rainy) is from mid April until August. The mornings are again sunny, but the afternoons can be overcast. The dry season is from mid November until mid April, during which time there is very little rain.

Haven't been there for around 10 years or so. It was then really quiet and peaceful and relaxing. Since then though, people are giving positive write-ups about the place on public forums on the internet and the quietness and peacefulness of the place is all but disappearing for good. :D

I wonder who the first to complain will be? :o