Rich Thais Tighten The Noose On Anti-democracy

thaigene2

Chula Elite..... Is this the same Chula where you can buy a degree?!

Nice humour, but though I don't much like Chula (partly because I think privilege may indeed be a big issue), it doesn't do much good to stick one's head in the sand.

2008 Times Higher Education Supplement QS University Rankings

Rank 166 Chula

(No other Thai in top 200)

(From memory next best Mahidol, Kasetsart, AIT)

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Thu...icle/index_html

(Link to full list in web article)

perhaps you should research Chula's admission policy :D

I do have a bit of knowledge about the internal workings of two departments (don't want to be too specific) and as I say Chula isn't my favorite place. But I'm just pointing out that it does have an international profile which exists despite any reservations I might have. Did Lonely Planet say something different?

:o:D:D

1) Chula is only 'elite' in that you have to be smart and well disciplined to get in

and

2) One pilot refused to takeoff with a PPP party list MP (and former TRT MP) on board.

For the sake of accuracy lovers everywhere.... 3 people were denied boarding on the Thai airways flight.

Link provided.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/topstory/r...newsid=30085464

Yeppers they added to the initial report later :o

Dr Sutep Gonlachanvit, who works at Chulalongkorn Hospital and announced the measure to not treat policemen and soldiers who clashed with the PAD, said: "Many doctors, nurses and resident doctors from eight medical schools have agreed to this measure.

Clearly, the 80/20 rule strongly applies here.

Chula is an elite university, at least in the sense that it is currently the highest-ranked Thai university in the international university rankings table. As one would expect, the University authorities have moved quickly to say that this is not official policy. Those members of the Faculty of Medicine who got together to agree this, might care to reflect on the likely reaction from clinicians and academics in Western Universities.

...but of course then did nothing to remove him from his post, suspend him, or report him to the medical college/registrar or whatever Thailand calls it's disciplinary body. Nope - he'll just keep his position cause everyone is afraid that he has the hi-so's on his side. Pathetic as usual. Cap-poom.

How do you know what they did or did not do to the Dr? What rule do you KNOW of that he violated?

What is the name of your horse in this race?

And you still haven't addressed your "elite university" comment that was fankly 100%BS

and yes the post with all the RED of course is in violation of the board rules :o

There really is a point where if you hate Thailand and Thais so much that living elsewhere seems to make far more sense isn't there?

Red - board rules eh, yeah he is despicable all right. What color is acceptable to you?

Where did the OP suggest he hated Thais? Stop rolling out that tired bandwagon as an excuse for lack of competence to initiate an intelligent debate. The post was about doctors refusing to treat patients, even in war the enemy get treated. What those doctors did was utterly reprehensible and in many countries would see them struck off for such unethical behavior. Not here of course. And we even get twits here supporting them. Just hope you never end up in a similar situation where you or your loved ones are rejected by doctors because of politics.

The Post and Nation today reported the following:

1. Chula Uni would instruct its medical staff to NOT TREAT police wounded at the hands of the PAD. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Knocked my socks off. Turn away an injured man? Does anyone need any further proof of who these people really are - and medical people at that? Thai medical tourism? Ha!

And then....

2. Thai Airways won't carry PPP officials.

Well, well...Number 2 I can live with (until they are rightly fired, since it's not their call - have they never carried some of the real barbarian like the hi-so monkey-generals who killed students and others)?

BUT LOOK AT NUMBER ONE! Turn away an injured police officer? Please tell me the name of the Admin officials and his special t-shirt. I'm going to pay him a visit - or at least an email visit!

Yeah if basically all educated people from Doctors to Pilots reject these people, also people like you should figure out that this may has a reason.

1. Chula Uni would instruct its medical staff to NOT TREAT police wounded at the hands of the PAD. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Knocked my socks off. Turn away an injured man? Does anyone need any further proof of who these people really are - and medical people at that? Thai medical tourism? Ha!

And then....

Well, well...Number 2 I can live with (until they are rightly fired, since it's not their call - have they never carried some of the real barbarian like the hi-so monkey-generals who killed students and others)?

BUT LOOK AT NUMBER ONE! Turn away an injured police officer? Please tell me the name of the Admin officials and his special t-shirt. I'm going to pay him a visit - or at least an email visit!

Yeah if basically all educated people from Doctors to Pilots reject these people, also people like you should figure out that this may has a reason.

This post sums up the most boring part of the proPAD supporters repetitive rhetoric. They are a tiny minority who claim to be a huge majority supported by all educated people. It's just nonsence, lies, propaganda... The overwelming majority of Thais have no time for PAD at all. (Denial forthcoming no doubt)

And then....

A good enough reason that they can't do their jobs properly? Please, this is getting tedious making excuses for people that lack professional ethics.

Dr Sutep Gonlachanvit, who works at Chulalongkorn Hospital and announced the measure to not treat policemen and soldiers who clashed with the PAD, said: "Many doctors, nurses and resident doctors from eight medical schools have agreed to this measure.

Clearly, the 80/20 rule strongly applies here.

Chula is an elite university, at least in the sense that it is currently the highest-ranked Thai university in the international university rankings table. As one would expect, the University authorities have moved quickly to say that this is not official policy. Those members of the Faculty of Medicine who got together to agree this, might care to reflect on the likely reaction from clinicians and academics in Western Universities.

...but of course then did nothing to remove him from his post, suspend him, or report him to the medical college/registrar or whatever Thailand calls it's disciplinary body. Nope - he'll just keep his position cause everyone is afraid that he has the hi-so's on his side. Pathetic as usual. Cap-poom.

(EXCSUSE THE CAPS..JUST EASIER TO ANSWER YOU)

How do you know what they did or did not do to the Dr? What rule do you KNOW of that he violated?

I DON'T KNOW...BUT AS I SAID, THAILAND MUST HAVE A DISCIPLINARY BODY ON ANY DOCTOR'S OBLIGATION TO LOOK AFTER A PATIENT (LIKE ANY OTHER COUNTRY). EVEN NEWSPAPER EDITORIALS AND THE THAI HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYERS' ASSN HAVE NOW WEIGHED IN ON THIS ISSUE.

What is the name of your horse in this race?

IT'S CALLED DEMOCRACY - A HORSE WITH ONLY ONE NAME - WHAT'S YOURS?

And you still haven't addressed your "elite university" comment that was fankly 100%BS

CHULA - WASN'T THAT CLEAR?

and yes the post with all the RED of course is in violation of the board rules :o

NOT MY RED - SOMEONE ELSES'S - BE A BIT MORE OBSERVANT, OK?

There really is a point where if you hate Thailand and Thais so much that living elsewhere seems to make far more sense isn't there?

I DON'T HATE THAIS - JUST THOSE WHO THREATEN THE FUTURE OF MY THAI KIDS. WHAT DO YOU WANT? JUST COMFORT IN THE PHUKET MARINA? BUT DON'T WORRY THE ELTIE THAIS WILL BE KICKING YOU OUT REAL SOON - THAT'S THE GREAT IRONY OF THIS JDINASIA THAT YOU SEEM TO BE OVERLOOKING. THE ONLY PEOPLE THEY HATE MORE THAN THE THAI POOR, ARE YOU (AND ME).

NOW LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION - THAT I ASKED BEFORE BUT ALSO HANS'T BEEN ANSWERED.."So who killed the DAAD supporter - full face in the front ... cover of the newspaper the next morning?"

OR HERE IS ANOTHER NEWER QUESTION: WHAT ABOUT THE GUY WHO DROVE HIS PICK UP/CAR DELIBERATELY OVER THE INJURED POLICEMAN IN THE STREET? WAS HE ARRESTED? WHO IS HE? WHERE ARE THE NEWS REPORTS ABOUT THIS? WHERE ARE THE FOLLOW-UPS? WHY ARE THERE ALL THESE REPORTS ABOUT THE HORRIBLE BRUTAL EVENTS OF POLICE USING TEAR GAS - GIVE ME A BREAK. NEVER SEEN POLICE USE TEAR GAS IN THE WEST?

Edited by thaigene2