Builder

hi guys,

my dads a builder who has recently recovered from an operation and is looking to move to thailand, he has been there a couple of times befor, and my uncle (his brother) has been dozens of times and is currently there for a few weeks on koh samui and is looking to move there aswell. as my dad is relatively computer savvy-less i was wandering if i could ask any of you if you may know where a good place would be to start looking for construction site supervisor jobs. a construction job agency maybe or something of the like. just a heads up kinda thing...

any help will be much appreciated.

thanks.

hi guys,

my dads a builder who has recently recovered from an operation and is looking to move to thailand, he has been there a couple of times befor, and my uncle (his brother) has been dozens of times and is currently there for a few weeks on koh samui and is looking to move there aswell. as my dad is relatively computer savvy-less i was wandering if i could ask any of you if you may know where a good place would be to start looking for construction site supervisor jobs. a construction job agency maybe or something of the like. just a heads up kinda thing...

thanks.

Construction is a very difficult employment category to obtain a work permit. By rights, no need to permit a foreigner to do a job that a Thai can do.

Having said that there seems to be a huge amount of foreign builders/developers in and around Pattaya at the moment. Personally I believe their will be a crackdown in the near future as there was a comment in the Phuket Gazette couple of weeks ago by the governor to that effect.

So unless your dad has some particular skills that Thai's do not possess or he is setting up a company with capitalisation over 30,000,000 baht and he plans to be the MD, I would not expect him to get a work permit. Any housing development over 9 houses also needs a developers licence which I think is only granted to Thai nationals, although outside of BKK thats not currently enforced too much.

Hope this helps

hi guys,

thanks.

Personally I believe their will be a crackdown in the near future as there was a comment in the Phuket Gazette couple of weeks ago by the governor to that effect.

I feel sure that the governor of Phuket is at this moment on Thaskins version of airforce one and winging his way to Pattaya to oversee the arrests of these naughty farang builders, and then he will probably arrest all farang bar owners and any farang seen to be cleaning their car or bike.

I have heard that they will be arresting tourists in the near future if they have the audacity to close their own hotel curtains in their own rooms, obviously this is highly illegal as 1, they are on a tourist visa, and 2 they could employ a Thai person for this menial task, actually rumour has it that these tourists will be arrested regardless even if they get a thai person to close their curtains, mainly due to them not having formed a company and being able to employ someone of Thai nationality to close their curtains.

I have also heard rumours of immigration approaching maids in the major hotels and offering them rewards for grassing up tourists for making their own beds.

I have also heard that pigs can fly and father christmas is real, h.ell im a sucker for these ridiculous rumours aint I...

hi guys,

thanks.

Personally I believe their will be a crackdown in the near future as there was a comment in the Phuket Gazette couple of weeks ago by the governor to that effect.

I feel sure that the governor of Phuket is at this moment on Thaskins version of airforce one and winging his way to Pattaya to oversee the arrests of these naughty farang builders, and then he will probably arrest all farang bar owners and any farang seen to be cleaning their car or bike.

I have heard that they will be arresting tourists in the near future if they have the audacity to close their own hotel curtains in their own rooms, obviously this is highly illegal as 1, they are on a tourist visa, and 2 they could employ a Thai person for this menial task, actually rumour has it that these tourists will be arrested regardless even if they get a thai person to close their curtains, mainly due to them not having formed a company and being able to employ someone of Thai nationality to close their curtains.

I have also heard rumours of immigration approaching maids in the major hotels and offering them rewards for grassing up tourists for making their own beds.

I have also heard that pigs can fly and father christmas is real, h.ell im a sucker for these ridiculous rumours aint I...

Pattaya falls under Chonburi Province in case your not aware. Just some word's of advice for the poster - up to them what they do with that information. Can ignore it of course but cant say nobody told me of some of the difficulties they will encounter in that field of work, or at least to do it legally.

Hope this helps