Frankenstien Lives !

irrigator

Having read all the responses to my priginal post I have to say that I was starting to regret my decision.....that could not be undone !!

Now I have the car back and quite frankly I think this was the best thing I could have done.

Pros : Performance is incredible, acceleration (after you get past 2000 rpm when the first turbo kicks in) is simply relentless. I have not found a road yet long enough / free of traffic to see what it will realy do but it is awesome. The final drive at the diff is obviously a lot higher than it was in the Supra but it means I am doing 160 kph at a tad over 2000 rpm. The torque is immense.....

All my dash guages are now working (original BMW) and I have checked the speedo against my Triton ( if that means anything!). My odometer and tripmeters are working, outside temp sensors are working....Even my OBD for things like the lights is still working.....

Cons : My OBC is pretty much redundant but I have said previously this is as much a gimmick as anything else.

Bottom line : I have a long wheelbase 740iL with all the comfort and luxury combined with the economy / performance of the 2JZ GTE and the knowledge that my local garage can fix it......Shangri La.......

Whats fuel consumption like?

Currently looking at around 8.5 kms per liter whereas the the old V8 was about 6.5 kms per liter. If the price of gas was the issue I would not have bought the thing in the first place but I will not say no to the savings.....