Last Time You Drove 200 Kms/hour...was When And Where ?

LaoPo

Fastest on a bike 240km/h on 407ETR north of Toronto. Didnt realised it until I looked down at the speedo. CBR600R. Loved that bike, used to do 180-200km/h on the highways all the time at night.

Stopped doing it after a buddy died when he lost control of his bike doing 200km/h

Fastest in a car 230km/h. 401 from Toronto to Montreal. Acura NSX.

2nd fastest 200km/h. Penang to KL in friend's Proton. (she actually said I was driving slow!!!!).

ahh a familiar route 401. I remember driving on that when I was visiting toronto ( well going pretty fast too! ). People drive pretty fast out there! Isnt 407 the one they charge??

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been over 300Kph on the Kwak zx12r a few years ago...

In my car I am atleast once a week touching 180, top speed on my jazz... If I travel to another town I will cruise at about 150kph... I just like to drive/ride fast.

You might call me stupid ...

Allow me to be the first. :o

'the last time'?

It sounds like a chance for all to brag about their records, and not answer the OP's question.

Last August, Nurburgring AMG CLS 55

:D indeed...and it's a bit difficult to check all those 250 to 300+ kms/hour they did...isn't it ? :D

I believe such speeds on the Nurburgring but on normal roads, especially in Thailand, I would think 99% is fantasy..only in their wet dreams :o

LaoPo

Fastest on a bike 240km/h on 407ETR north of Toronto. Didnt realised it until I looked down at the speedo. CBR600R. Loved that bike, used to do 180-200km/h on the highways all the time at night.

Stopped doing it after a buddy died when he lost control of his bike doing 200km/h

Fastest in a car 230km/h. 401 from Toronto to Montreal. Acura NSX.

2nd fastest 200km/h. Penang to KL in friend's Proton. (she actually said I was driving slow!!!!).

ahh a familiar route 401. I remember driving on that when I was visiting toronto ( well going pretty fast too! ). People drive pretty fast out there! Isnt 407 the one they charge??

Yep, the 407. They charge on that one, electronic tolls, you get a pic or electronic transponder when you get on and off.

As to proof of going 240km on the 407, I actually have a picture with time stamp of when I got onto the highway and another when I got off. And a ticket saying that for the entry and exit points and the duration of time I spent between the 2, I must have been travelling +200km and I was to consider it a warning as a repeated offence will make them send the info to the police.

The 401, a 12 lane race track :o Ppl drive too fast on the 401.

• 6 months later...
My 2006 civic 2liter I used to drive 220KPH every week on the BangNa Trat highway, just couldnt help myself.

I think you will find your gauge is overreading at such speeds. I have a 2.0, previous model, and it's theoretical top speed is 208km/h. Never have had it to that speed, just 180km/h, but 208 is entirely believable.

Normal built in tolerance is about 10 up to 15 km. Expensive cars like BMW, Mercedes have more accurate readings and tolerance about 3 to 4 km, cheapers cars have more tolerance. Believe me I tested it al.

Well who will be the next TV member to buy a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 and do over 400 km/h on a Thai motorway :D:):D ?

For me, well as a motorvehicle lover and enginer tuner as my hobby, actually i've driven many speeds up to 330 km/h in a Corvette. Speeds don't scare me at all, but I say not everybody is allowed to do it, you need to have control and knowing of your vehicle, alot of maniacs drive fast, but don't know what they are doing at all. Haven't driven the Veyron yet, but over 300 km/h, things tend to go very..very fast.

Speed you feel dirrent, like if with your 1.6 Honda your touching 180 with effort..it takes a long time to get there. But when with a 3 liter v6 Honda, for instance same model, your touching it within 8 seconds, in the second car you feel more safe at the same speed than in the car with less engine power.

Edited by Datsun240Z

Normally I cruise 160 with cruisecontrol, but take my car up to 200 couple of times a trip just to wake up. On the highway between Phuket and Bangkok. From Phuket the first 200 stretch is 5-6 km after crossing to the mainland/Phangna. Were actually caught there once in 162, by laser. Payd my 200 baht fine, and had carte blanche to speed the rest of the day. :) I love this country.

My 2006 civic 2liter I used to drive 220KPH every week on the BangNa Trat highway, just couldnt help myself.

I think you will find your gauge is overreading at such speeds. I have a 2.0, previous model, and it's theoretical top speed is 208km/h. Never have had it to that speed, just 180km/h, but 208 is entirely believable.

Normal built in tolerance is about 10 up to 15 km. Expensive cars like BMW, Mercedes have more accurate readings and tolerance about 3 to 4 km, cheapers cars have more tolerance. Believe me I tested it al.

Civic 2.0 (K20Z2) maximum speed is 227 km/h on gauge and 219 km/h by GPS

Civic 2.0 (K20A) - 260 km/h on gauge and 252 km/h by GPS

Edited by Grant

Yesterday, chon buri by pass, bmw m3

Do you do this regularly? I think I might have seen you a few times. On the bypass then on to the elevated tollway to BKK.

What is the colour of you car? A weird green?

If its you, I have tried to chase you a few times. Almost caught you. :D In an Altis 1.8. :)

In anycase, awesome sound and cool car. :D

2 weeks ago on the super highway when some guy with a pimped ride (silly little Honda) tried to smoke my classic German car NOT MADE IN THAILAND or Asia for that matter, I know I hurt his feelings pretty bad when he hit the nitrous (I could actually smell it) and he pulled ahead a car length (I was impressed) but then I shifted in to 5 gear and he rapidly faded in to the distance.

Other than that the last time I really drove was on Route 84 in bum #*@% South Dakota, I drove from Rapid City to Sioux Falls at about 150 MPH (241 KPH) averaging 140 MPH (225KPH) according to my on-board computer in at the time my new BMW 745LI. Oh how I miss that car but it would have cost me more in import tax to Thailand than I paid for it new, in any event my Father truly enjoys it but I doubt he ever gets it over 80 MPH!

1991. Highway 666 (gotta love it). 2 lanes. On the border of Arizona and New Mexico. 1988 BMW 735. I stopped at the top of the hill. I could see 10 miles in either direction. No cars coming. No cops. I pegged it and waited until I saw 130MPH. After that I had to slow down cuz 2 lanes in the desert is not Monaco.

-Cheers

A fresh of the boat, imported from Japan Porsche 964 Turbo (a 1990 not the 94 - 320mp not 360hp) that hit the 200 mark rather fast.

Scary, but over 200 km/h even on an empty and straight Canadian road, who looks at the speedo for more than an instant. So 210 and climbing before I chickened out - glad I never had that car when I was 20.

Given the resssion sure wish it was easy to bring (import) a far cheaper currently 993 to Thailand. :drool: Anyone here with a custom agent in there pocket up for a car.

~258kmph (~160mph for us brits) about 5 years ago mainly on the M6 toll road- M25 to Sandbach in Cheshire approx 1hr 30 minutes (including fuel stop!) . . :) Machine of choice race tuned ZX7R - not quite flat I'd say I had another 10mph to go. I do miss that bike! :D

Most amusing/heartstopping moment at speed on a bike doing a lap of the TT course on a YZF600R (Thundercat) at approx 220kmph/140mph was going into gingerhall over the bumps and my seat coming dislodged due to the amount crap I had under it! I managed to cling on to it with my leg and haul the anchors on to pull over before the seat flew off! My mates behind were wondering what the hel_l I was doing - 140 - 0 in ultra quick time! :D

Thundercats were/are a hugely underrated bike sure the front forks were a bit notchy and the rear shock wasn't brilliant but with a bit of trial and error in tweaking it I had it handling incredibly well. Embarassed MANY MANY bigger and race rep bikes around the TT course that year well apart from on the straight bits! :D Add to this being able to to a 200mile trip with easy . . makes them a very decent midrange bike.

What did you do to your Civic Grant? Please enlighten me

Just replace the engine, gearbox, steering, suspension and brake system + intake/exhaust/ECU modifications.

The new engine is Honda K20A, 225 hp from Japan.

What did you do to your Civic Grant? Please enlighten me

Just replace the engine, gearbox, steering, suspension and brake system + intake/exhaust/ECU modifications.

The new engine is Honda K20A, 225 hp from Japan.

Fantastic :) Is the K20Z2 the standard Civic engine in LOS, and is your achived speed 220 with standard 5 speed auto? If not what did you do with this one?

Is the K20Z2 the standard Civic engine in LOS, and is your achieved speed 220 with standard 5 speed auto?

Yes, before - 227 km/h on the gauge

But now I have K20A and achieved 260 km/h on the gauge and 252 km/h by GPS

But there is no road in LOS for that kind of speed - just 2-3 pieces on motorway and highway

Edited by Grant

Is the K20Z2 the standard Civic engine in LOS, and is your achieved speed 220 with standard 5 speed auto?

Yes, before - 227 km/h on the gauge

But now I have K20A and achieved 260 km/h on the gauge and 252 km/h by GPS

But there is no road in LOS for that kind of speed - just 2-3 pieces on motorway and highway

I agree on the roads. I normally cruise 160, but once in a while..................... :):D

• 2 weeks later...

tops at Highway 7 (at the newer parts) 206km/h with Mazda 3 (normally not more than 160)

Speed you feel dirrent, like if with your 1.6 Honda your touching 180 with effort..it takes a long time to get there. But when with a 3 liter v6 Honda, for instance same model, your touching it within 8 seconds, in the second car you feel more safe at the same speed than in the car with less engine power.

i dont think a Honda V6 make it to 180 in 8sec, maybe to 100 .. but with alot of luck ; -)

Yes, it is very true that security (for you and others), and general handling of the vehicle, does extremely depends on the vehicle AND the driver,

speed is not everything ... and in a diffrent car .. the same speed apears much diffrent. (humans are simply not made for this ;-) )