Large Public Swimming Pool In Shade?

astromash

I'm looking for a pool in central Pattaya suitable for exercise swimming (swimming lengths). I like to swim in the middle of the day so I'd really like one in the shade. Not easy!

An indoor pool would be perfect but everyone assures me such things don't exist in Pattaya.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

I'm looking for a pool in central Pattaya suitable for exercise swimming (swimming lengths). I like to swim in the middle of the day so I'd really like one in the shade. Not easy!

An indoor pool would be perfect but everyone assures me such things don't exist in Pattaya.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Well, if you cant find one in the shade I suggest you change your habit and swim at night.

Well, if you cant find one in the shade I suggest you change your habit and swim at night.

Yes, I know. Or even swimming early morning or late afternoon would be better.

Unfortunately none of these suit my schedule of, erm, daily events very well :o

Bring the girl to the pool for a little wet behind the ears training. Didn't REM right a song about this..."Night Swimming"?

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

There was a 25 m covered lap pool at Thai Garden Resort last year. I'm not sure if it's still there because it's not showing on their new website.

I wrote about it on this thread:

25m covered lap pool

Just give them a call to find out for sure.

Edit:

PS. I just found a photo of the lap pool on another site so it's probably still there:

25 m lap pool at Thai Garden Resort

Here's a photo of it from this site:

post-34982-1223639026_thumb.jpg

Edited by tropo

There was a 25 m covered lap pool at Thai Garden Resort last year. I'm not sure if it's still there because it's not showing on their new website.

I wrote about it on this thread:

25m covered lap pool

Just give them a call to find out for sure.

Edit:

PS. I just found a photo of the lap pool on another site so it's probably still there:

25 m lap pool at Thai Garden Resort

Here's a photo of it from this site:

post-34982-1223639026_thumb.jpg

So there may be a covered pool in Pattaya?

Looks good!

Thanks for that. I will definitely check it out.

Edited by astromash

over on soi 2 or 3? nice hotel with orchid purple colors and outdoor pool, one of the "Mike's" I think on the North side of the street. Vanishing edge pool, that gets a lot of shade because the hotel is L shaped and it blocks the afternoon sun and the hotel across the street is pretty high. My buddy and I swam there last year. Nominal charge. We ordered a drink, tipped the pool boy when he brought out some cushions. A nice place.

over on soi 2 or 3? nice hotel with orchid purple colors and outdoor pool, one of the "Mike's" I think on the North side of the street.

Thanks. I'd like to check this one out too, but I assume you don't know the hotel name?

Any other help locating it would be appreciated.....

Just to clarify. That's Soi 2 or Soi 3 that runs between Second Road and Beach Road?

It's on the right-hand side as you walk down the Soi from Second Road?

Is the hotel near the Second Rd end of the Soi or the Beach Rd end? Or in the middle?

Cheers.

OK. I found it. Here is the weblink. Mike Orchid Hotel, Pattaya on Soi 4. I think you can see from the photos what I mean about the L shape of the hotel. the pool gets in the shade pretty quickly.

http://www.mikethailand.com/mikeorchidresort/default.htm

Thanks gk10002000.

Yes, I found it today. I think it gets shady after perhaps about 3pm? That's good to know, but a bit late for me.

However, I did discover right on the other side of the Soi opposite is Hotel Vista. Hotel Vista has a curious pool which is in the shade I would guess UNTIL 3pm or late afternoon. Anyway I arrived about 1pm and had a long swim there.

post-50773-1223730938_thumb.jpg

The Hotel Vista people told me they added salt to the water in the pool to keep it clean. ("Chlorine no good for you. Give you cancer.") I don't know how effective that is. But I always just swim breast-stroke with my head above water all the time so hopefully I'll avoid the ear nose & throat infections that people sometimes complain about getting at pools in Pattaya.

Cheers.

Try Euro Club just off Chaiyapruek 2, ( that is the road up to the sports stadium) i know it is not central Pattaya but it is not far and it is easy to get to.

I think Euro Club is in Jomtien? Transportwise I'm restricted to the baht bus so that's a bit far for me to travel from central Pattaya 4 times a week.

Thanks for the info though.

I went to the Thai Garden Resort today. Sadly this indoor pool is no more. A victim of redevelopment. Thanks though.

I went to the Thai Garden Resort today. Sadly this indoor pool is no more. A victim of redevelopment. Thanks though.

What a shame. I suspected it may have closed when I didn't see it on their new website. It did seem out of place at the resort so I'm not surprised.

I'll take if off my list of recommendations.

OK. I found it. Here is the weblink. Mike Orchid Hotel, Pattaya on Soi 4. I think you can see from the photos what I mean about the L shape of the hotel. the pool gets in the shade pretty quickly.

http://www.mikethailand.com/mikeorchidresort/default.htm

Thanks gk10002000.

Yes, I found it today. I think it gets shady after perhaps about 3pm? That's good to know, but a bit late for me.

However, I did discover right on the other side of the Soi opposite is Hotel Vista. Hotel Vista has a curious pool which is in the shade I would guess UNTIL 3pm or late afternoon. Anyway I arrived about 1pm and had a long swim there.

post-50773-1223730938_thumb.jpg

The Hotel Vista people told me they added salt to the water in the pool to keep it clean. ("Chlorine no good for you. Give you cancer.") I don't know how effective that is. But I always just swim breast-stroke with my head above water all the time so hopefully I'll avoid the ear nose & throat infections that people sometimes complain about getting at pools in Pattaya.

Cheers.

Glad it helped. Wish I was there!

I live in Florida in the USA. My sister's pool does not use chlorine. One of the latest things out a few years now is you just add salt. The pool is amazing. no chlorine stains or odors. No constantly adding chemicals. Very very mild salt feeling. Really barely noticable. Nothing like the ocean. Not sure of the details but I loved it.