Left Luggage Bkk

fiddlehead

Searching through old posts, there has been nothing posted in over a year.

I'm wondering if anyone has recent experience with the "left luggage" dept of the new airport in BKK.

Where is it? How much for one day? HOurs? I realize it is not very safe and plan to put a lock on my suitcase even though it's basically just clothes and Christmas presents.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fiddlehead

I'v used it many times when waiting hours for flights. It costs 100b per item and does seem fairly safe. Its located next to the Tourist Police Station on (I Think) the 3rd floor,near the centre of the building. I suggest you check the Swampy forum for building maps.

Dave

Very efficent & secure .

I would recommend it

Secure?... Not in the slightest!!! Make sure your bag is securely locked... Many stories of bags being opened and goods stolen...

And there is no comeback! My friends bag was rifled while he took a 3 day trip to Cambodia. And I had a similar experience!

Often they ask you to open the bag when you leave it in. Not that they can check for dynamite or Uzi sub machine guns but

to see if there is anything worth nicking in it... They work on the premise that you will collect the bag and travel on then its impossible

to determine where your personal effects were actually stolen... Not here say. Not a story from a friend of a friend. Straight

from the donkeys mouth....

There have been numerous reports in the past of things missing from bags left in Left Luggage, but none recently. However, if you're planning to store luggage for more than a day or two, you're better off to use Bangkok Self Storage, which costs 100 baht per bag per week. I've used them often, and in my experience, it's been very professional, clean and secure.

Personally, I don't like using hotel bag storage. You never know under what conditions (dirt, insects, damp, crowding) it's being stored and who really has access.

I'd like to point out that I just used the service yesterday.

(2nd floor near the tourist police place)

It was very professional and efficient. They charged me 100 baht and seemed like it was busy, fast, computerized, and were very nice to me as i wanted to repack some things and spread my junk all over their floor.

Thanks for the advice everyone. It worked fine for me.