Disappearing Cows

bannork

In our village there used to be several families rearing cows, but what with the drop in price, less grazing land available as more people grow rice, only my sister-in law is left with a herd.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing? BTW, if the government does renege on its price subsidy scheme for rice this harvest that's going to be bad news for a lot of farmers.

In our village there used to be several families rearing cows, but what with the drop in price, less grazing land available as more people grow rice, only my sister-in law is left with a herd.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing? BTW, if the government does renege on its price subsidy scheme for rice this harvest that's going to be bad news for a lot of farmers.

I guess people who kept there cows might get a decent price for them now. All this rain should mean theres plenty of grazing about.

The cow selling structure in thailand would have to be the most difficult in the world,the only people i see make money out of cows are the middle men going from market to market.Would be nice to see a set of scales at every market place to help the laman thai cow producers.