Galare Thong Tower

Pilita

Hi: can someone give me any information about the Galare Thong Tower. Is it conveniently located?

I am looking for a long term place. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

P.S.: how far is the Lanna Sports Complex? Are any long term accommodations nearby?

Galare Thong Tower is on the other side of town, about as far away as you can get, inconveniently located behind the Park Hotel off Chang Khlan Road. Lots of people are talking up GTT but I must confess that I can't see its merits and those who are keen on it often seem to have something to sell. There are plenty of long term places to stay from 10k a month upwards (less if you're OK with an older building) which are a lot closer to Lanna and the other good stuff in town - best to wait until you arrive and actually go and see some yourself.

Galare Thong Tower is on the other side of town, about as far away as you can get, inconveniently located behind the Park Hotel off Chang Khlan Road. Lots of people are talking up GTT but I must confess that I can't see its merits and those who are keen on it often seem to have something to sell. There are plenty of long term places to stay from 10k a month upwards (less if you're OK with an older building) which are a lot closer to Lanna and the other good stuff in town - best to wait until you arrive and actually go and see some yourself.

Many thanks for your suggestion. I was told that real estate agents charge 300 bhat for each apartment they show. Looking at a good map, I think there is a section that has a number of buildings Hill 2, 3, 4 etc. It makes perfect sense to wait and see what is available. Thanks.

Hi: can someone give me any information about the Galare Thong Tower. Is it conveniently located?

I am looking for a long term place. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

P.S.: how far is the Lanna Sports Complex? Are any long term accommodations nearby?

Checked out GTT a week ago since I'm planning to move to CM from BKK myself within a couple of weeks. I was shown a very nice place. Rent was 20K. Still have to make up my mind since I saw many places during that weekend.

Me and my missus moved into one of the corner apartments when we first arrived in CM. We settled for a 3 month contract, as we knew that after that period we would have a better grasp of the city, and find somewhere much, much cheaper. We had to get a 2 bed place as her son is here with us.

We regret taking the contract now as it is very expensive, we thought we could handle it, and cant wait to get our 50k bond back!!

The apartment is very nice, nice view but the internet is very very s l o o o w

Me and my missus moved into one of the corner apartments when we first arrived in CM. We settled for a 3 month contract, as we knew that after that period we would have a better grasp of the city, and find somewhere much, much cheaper. We had to get a 2 bed place as her son is here with us.

We regret taking the contract now as it is very expensive, we thought we could handle it, and cant wait to get our 50k bond back!!

The apartment is very nice, nice view but the internet is very very s l o o o w

Thanks for the info Silentjob. I need at least speed to make Skype work. Do you know other apartments that are similar but with good internet?

• 1 year later...