Where Is Franco Thai Restauraunt?

richoz

Just had a look at a map and Tipanet is the road that you hit if heading towards the airport on Wualai Road. Can't help if the restaurant is left or right once you hit.

Post if the restaurant if any good please as not aware of it.

Cheers

If travelling on the western outside moat road northbound, proceed northerly through the intersection just past Chiang Mai Ram. About 200 meters past that intersection take the first right hand turn, eastbound. About 500meters down this road turns to the left, but at that point you turn right into a dirt soi. ranco Thai down about 30 meters on the right. Bon apetit!

Franco restaurant is behind Icon Plaza,(next to Computer Plaza).

Franco-Thai place Restaurant

19/3 Soi 3

Maneenoparat Road.T. Sriphum

A.Muang Chiangmai 50000

Tel:- 0898556697

I have not been there myself but a friend has recommended it to me and has given me their business card.Please post the forum your opinion should you go there.

If travelling on the western outside moat road northbound, proceed northerly through the intersection just past Chiang Mai Ram. About 200 meters past that intersection take the first right hand turn, eastbound. About 500meters down this road turns to the left right, but at that point you turn right left into a dirt soi. Franco Thai down about 30 meters on the right. Bon apetit!

Thanks to all those who gave me directions to Franco Thai. I went there tonight, and thought I would a fair and balanced review.

When my GF and I arrived, there was only one other person eating in the restaurant. There were however several people (all talking French) at the bar having drinks. It appeared that the farang owner was working behind the bar.

We were greeted by a female Thai waitress who was very friendly and personable. The menu was quite extensive, and of course mostly French food.

I ordered the Pate for an entree. It came with two fresh warm bread rolls. At 70baht it was very good value. I did enjoy the pate (7/10).

For the main my GF ordered beef bourganon (spelling??) which came with salad, carrots and potatoes. The serving size was very large and at 149baht was very good value. She said that she enjoyed it (7/10).

I ordered the Chicken fondue for a main, and I must say it was a complete 'dud'. The only thing good about it was the price 199baht. The two dipping sauces lacked any taste whatsoever. I ended up leaving half of it, as it was basically tasteless breast pieces fried in oil. It did however come with a salad and a large plate of fries.

Summary

Service 8/10

Value for Money 8/10

Food 6/10

Would I come back : maybe**

Although I had a bad experience with the chicken fondue (probably one of the worst meals I have had in Chiang Mai), I dont think it is indicative if the restaurant on a whole. I would probably give it another go.

Over all experience 6/10