Motorbike Number Plates

drden

Does anyone know about a change to motorbike number plates. I was stopped by the police telling me that my number plate was invalid. It is the bangkok plate white with the red stripe. It is 17cm at the top but 15cm at the bottom. A very common plate design. He wanted to write me a B500 ticket.

Does anyone know about a change to motorbike number plates. I was stopped by the police telling me that my number plate was invalid. It is the bangkok plate white with the red stripe. It is 17cm at the top but 15cm at the bottom. A very common plate design. He wanted to write me a B500 ticket.

There is a new design of number plate but you don't have to change the old one for the new one.

so how much did you give him to stop "wanting" to write the ticket?

The new one's are a bit smaller I believe

I've got one of each on two different bikes.

The old one is about 7" x 7"

The new one is about 7" x 9"

I thought the reason behind the new plates was that the numbers and letters were bigger and so easier to read from a distance. But they're the same size on both plates. :o

my number plate broke off , the police havent stopped me as yet .

wonder if they will ??

these bikes driving around without a plate has always puzzled me .

No plate is usually a new bike, The police were doing a blanket pull over of every bike. When I complained about the 500B he told me that the 3 star general set the price. I got off with a 200B which is better then having the lic taken plus the 500B. Still not clear, then again TITS