Khao San Road To Nearest Bts By Bus

Bkkthebest

Hi,

I will be staying at Khao san road next month when i visit bkk.

Is there a way to get from khao san road to the nearest BTS by bus? It seems a little hard to travel to town area.

Take a taxi to the bts, the difference between a 10 baht bus ride x 2 pax and a taxi at say 50 baht, is well, only 30 baht, less than one USD.

I think the nearest BTS is Saphan Taksin, and I think it would be a little weird/difficult to get to it by bus because it isn't a direct shot on a main street. Take the advice, get a Taxi. If you could do it by bus, the amount of time it would take to do it is not worth saving the $1.

You can also take a river boat from the Phra Aphit pier to the Saphan Taksin pier, about 15THB.

I actually took the river boat from Taksin last Saturday heading towards Khao San (I got off at pling kao). Yes, it is 15 baht. But it also takes a long time because the boat is constantly stopping every 100 meters at the next pier to pick up new passengers and it gets REALLY crowded on there. I will not do it again, and from henceforth will only take the taxi. :o

the 511 big AC bus goes to several stations ... but the best way really is the water taxi

another option might be a taxi to Hua Lomphong train station and the MRT

The 511 is useful for several reasons

it crosses the river

it passes Pantip and Central world

it does to the Suk BTS line etc

The best way to get around from that area is to take the saen saep canal boat. ask a tuk tuk driver to take you to 'phan fa'- it's near the democracy monument about 3 minutes away. you will see a white bridge over the canal. go down to the canal and hop on the first boat that is there. it costs about 10-15 baht to most places. the first BTS stop would be national stadium at MBK- get off the boat at 'hua chang' (ask the guy) and walk a block to get there. the canal boats are much faster than the busses and get to most places you'll need to go.

You can also take a river boat from the Phra Aphit pier to the Saphan Taksin pier, about 15THB.

Yes. Don't bother with buses to and from Khao San. The traffic is awful during the day. The saen saeb canal is by far the best way. Tell the guy who collects the money you're going to MBK and he'll tell you when to get off, although you should be able to figure it out as the skytrain is easily visible from the boat.

Actually because it takes a route restricted to buses, generally, except for the worst rush hours, the #15 unairconditioned red bus from Rajadomnern to the National Stadium BTS is the best way. I know because I work at Phra Athit and have explored many options to get to the BTS.

Where do i take bus 15 from?

I may go out till late at nite and will i be able to get a bus at 2am?

Just curious, do you have a bus fetish or something? Who catches a bus on purpose at 2am in Bangkok? :o

Agreed, and if you have money to go out till 2 am. dont save it from taking buses.

Who catches a bus on purpose at 2am in Bangkok? :o

People who like to stay in Khao San...

I do all the time.

I get the number 2 from Nana at 2am to Khao San. The little green bus is great fun.

I also use the river boat all the time.

I dont like taxis as they are boring.

I also like walking as you see far more of life than sat in the back of a taxi.

Where do i take bus 15 from?

I may go out till late at nite and will i be able to get a bus at 2am?

You can get on the bus about 50 meters from Khao San. Go to the main road that runs kinda parallel with KSR to the southwest (The road is hard to miss as it has about 4 lanes in each direction). You will see a load of people hanging around waiting or look for the many buses that will be stopping.

The bus stops are blue with 'Bus Stop' written on them. :D

Easy. Just remember to get on the thing quickly and hold on as the drivers dont hang around :o

BKK buses rock

Is there a way to get from khao san road to the nearest BTS by bus? It seems a little hard to travel to town area.

another choice is to walk from khao san rd to pra sumen and chakapongse roads.

on the former is a bus stop where you can catch the 53 bus.

it goes to hualamphong train station.

underneath the train station is an entrance to the metro.

you can make connections there.

Edited by GeneralFritzPlugmaster

I dont like taxis as they are boring.

I also like walking as you see far more of life than sat in the back of a taxi.

Walk everywhere then, oh worthy one. Leave the taxis to the blinkered masses. Watch out for that pothole!

the 511 big AC bus goes to several stations ... but the best way really is the water taxi

another option might be a taxi to Hua Lomphong train station and the MRT

The 511 is useful for several reasons

it crosses the river

it passes Pantip and Central world

it does to the Suk BTS line etc

The bendy white and green 511 follows this route but some of the orange 511,s are express versions and take the motorway.

There is a sign in the window in thai indicating express or non express. You don't want this one if you are going to Central world as you will end up at the Eastern Bus Terminal .

The conductor has had to chuck me off a few times because of this.

Water taxi is great but you sometimes get splashed with klong water even with the side curtains up.

bus.jpg

I think this is the non express one but Iam not sure.

Edited by rambrutri

I'm surpised no one has mentioned it yet but by far the fastest way to get from Thanon Khao San to the BTS is by motorcycle taxi. The closest BTS Stations are either National Stadium on the Silom Line or Rachatewi on the Sukhumvit Line. You do need to be traveling alone, not be carrying anything cumbersome and be rather fearless for this to be a viable option though.