Belgian Expat's Illegal Pawn Shop Busted in Phuket

webfact

In a seperate incident that also caught headlines.... 

Oh so now it's time to regurgitate an old story?  This occurred a few weeks ago. 

Or was it because the incident involved another Belgium citizen (Albeit the victim of a jealous boyfriend) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The man attacked his Belgian partner with a hammer, leaving the victim with severe head injuries.

OMG, how many Belgian criminals live in Thailand! They're hitting the headlines almost every month.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Both cases underscore the diverse challenges facing law enforcement in Thailand,

Oh please, any real work seems a challenge for the RTP.  Who dobbed him in sure is they didn't investigate stuff all by themselves.    :coffee1:

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Don't often hear about Belgians, this is unusual to see one in the foreign news.

Didn't see the Belgian-on-Belgian murder in Bueng Kan the other day then?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

None of your business how someone takes care of their Luxury home that you envy.........:coffee1:

No, but this is an open forum, and I express my opinion. Is that ok for you, or are going for moderation position?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

You need to moderate your self, anti-Brit, anti-Luxury Villa's............🤫

You forgot anti-muslim, but as I posted and noted, you are starting to slip and forget.

• Haha 2

Can't believe he thought he would get away with being a loan shark  especially in Thailand 

He would just need to upset one of his Thai customers who no doubt would report him to the authorities 🤯

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The acts aim to safeguard financial integrity, stipulating that loans should not exceed an interest rate of 15% per annum or 1.25% per month.

IF this is true, why don't they get all the other loan sharks?!? Obviously I 'forgot' to mention that this is a farang loan shark...
BTW, do you need a workpermit as a loan shark? It can hardly be defined as 'work', can it?
Also BTW, is it on the 'Thai professions only' list?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

IF this is true, why don't they get all the other loan sharks?!? Obviously I 'forgot' to mention that this is a farang loan shark...
BTW, do you need a workpermit as a loan shark? It can hardly be defined as 'work', can it?
Also BTW, is it on the 'Thai professions only' list?

You would need a license, I dont know if a farang would get one, maybe not.

• Haha 2