Are Thai Women Generally Attracted To Muscle In Men?

Svenn

Personally, I will take a fit mind over a fit body anyday. 

A fit mind is vitally important, and I would take a fit mind over a fit body as well.  Stephen Hawkings is an extreme but valid example of someone who can contribute despite a body which is in failure.

But why not have both?  A fit mind should easily see the benefits of a fit body.  :o

I bet you Mr. Hawking could really pull the girls at Bed on a Friday night - that smooth talker.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fit mind is vitally important, and I would take a fit mind over a fit body as well.  Stephen Hawkings is an extreme but valid example of someone who can contribute despite a body which is in failure.

But why not have both?  A fit mind should easily see the benefits of a fit body.   :o

I bet you Mr. Hawking could really pull the girls at Bed on a Friday night - that smooth talker.

Coincidently enough, I knew a woman who had quite a crush on him. 

Has anyone made a study about how many male regulars at a gym are gay? Honest question - okey? :o

Don't worry Toy, I am sure they can make room for one more if required.

In Thailand, gays tend not to hide their orientation to the same degree as they do in other countries. And at California Fitness, at least, many people tend to chat up others with whom they seemingly might have an interest.

Based on those two observations, I would say that a full 50% of the men at the Silom California Fitness may be gay, while at Pin Klao, maybe 10%?

I think the number of gays at Suk 23 is going up in the last month or so, or maybe it is just getting more crowded all round. Also the women are mostly below average.

St

But why not have both?  A fit mind should easily see the benefits of a fit body.   :o

Was it the SH portrayed in the movie War Games with Mathew Broderick? Na, let me go out on a limb and say she was attracted to his ability to predict the future. He would do well on lower Suk road at 2am on a Saturday night. He would need to get a work permit first though as I believe there are rules for begging / handing out insightful thoughts for foreigners.

Has anyone made a study about how many male regulars at a gym are gay? Honest question - okey? :o

Don't worry Toy, I am sure they can make room for one more if required.

In Thailand, gays tend not to hide their orientation to the same degree as they do in other countries. And at California Fitness, at least, many people tend to chat up others with whom they seemingly might have an interest.

Based on those two observations, I would say that a full 50% of the men at the Silom California Fitness may be gay, while at Pin Klao, maybe 10%?

I think the number of gays at Suk 23 is going up in the last month or so, or maybe it is just getting more crowded all round. Also the women are mostly below average.

St

I realize we are straying off-topic, so sorry about that.  But duirng the evenings at Pin Klao, the women are pretty hot, overall.  I am there to exercise, but I can't help taking in the eye candy. I have to make sure I drink alot so my drooling doesn't dehydrate me.

One part of my mind stays rational.  I admire the women for getting out there and exercising, and I realize I will never have any degree of a relationship, casual or otherwise, with them. And my ego doesn't like me to objectify women.

However, the other part of my mind delves way back into the recesses of time and pulls up the caveman DNA which renders me into a blithering idiot who sees a nice figure and barely is able to mumble out "Me like!"

Was it the SH portrayed in the movie War Games with Mathew Broderick? Na, let me go out on a limb and say she was attracted to his ability to predict the future. He would do well on lower Suk road at 2am on a Saturday night. He would need to get a work permit first though as I believe there are rules for begging / handing out insightful thoughts for foreigners.

I think this woman (who was extremely attractive) was attracted to his mind (or at least the celebrity aspect of it), but I also think she had the mothering gene, and she wanted to take care of him.

Then again, I am not her, so I don't know for sure why she was hot for him.

I think this woman (who was extremely attractive) was attracted to his mind (or at least the celebrity aspect of it), but I also think she had the mothering gene, and she wanted to take care of him.

Then again, I am not her, so I don't know for sure why she was hot for him.

Perhaps it had something to do with her possible inheritance x his life expectancy. :o

Don't ask me what I think of Bonobo's.

:D

My avatar IS a bonobo.

aka.... 'chimp'

Back on topic: How many muscle men do you see running a business (CEO) other than a health club/nutrient store... How many muscle men are in politics (other than Arnie).... How many muscle men are on Forbes Wealthy list? ...... I see most muscle men are too busy working out to be really successful in life. the only ones I can think of are possibly the athletes that get paid enormous amounts of $$$$. But then again have you ever heard those athletes talk when being interviewed. Maybe I'm stereotyping but it seems to me that the bigger your muscles are the smaller your brain becomes.... (and I have heard other body parts get smaller as well) :o

I don't think Thai women want a fat slob nor a skinny whimp, just like us guys when choosing a gal. But then again there are other factors that attract our mates and not just the physical appearance.... Just my thoughts, as I have dated some real beauties in the past (model, NFL cheerleader) but it's more than just what's on the outside that counts.

Most successful business men I work with are quite fit for their age. Very few have that "pear" shape; they may be thin but they are fit!

Most of my cohorts are in their late 30's to 50's and regularly go to the Gym, run, bike and GOLF.

Personally, I try to run 30-40 minutes each AM before work, after work I am in the gym lifting (I do body parts, 4 days on - two days off) for 40 minutes followed by 30-40 minutes of some type of aerobic workout. Total @ 2 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. Is this obssessive? my wife doesn't think so!! :D It 's more of a carry over from 20+ years as a Paratrooper.

Most successful business men I work with are quite fit for their age. Very few have that "pear" shape; they may be thin but they are fit!

Most of my cohorts are in their late 30's to 50's and regularly go to the Gym, run, bike and GOLF.

Personally, I try to run 30-40 minutes each AM before work, after work I am in the gym lifting (I do body parts, 4 days on - two days off) for 40 minutes followed by 30-40 minutes of some type of aerobic workout. Total @ 2 hours a day, 4-5 days a week. Is this obssessive? my wife doesn't think so!! :o It 's more of a carry over from 20+ years as a Paratrooper.

Hardly obssessive and rather rational, I would say.  And in addition to your wife's approval, I would imagine that you feel pretty good as you go about your daily life. 

My experience is that most women prefer a big muscle. Although they will tolerate a small to medium size muscle, they gravitate towards a larger muscle. If they tell you anything different, they're just trying to make you feel better.

My experience is that most women prefer a big muscle. Although they will tolerate a small to medium size muscle, they gravitate towards a larger muscle. If they tell you anything different, they're just trying to make you feel better.

Voluntarily or Un?

To which muscle do you refer? Bicep, tricep, pinkie, big toe?

• 2 weeks later...

Personally i am about 1.80 and very active when it comes to fitness and boxing and i see the cute thai girls love that. I don't talk about the hookers around nana that most people here find enjoyable especially the "rich" english teachers. I am talking about the hot girls going shopping on Emporium that just came back from a month vacation in USA. I usually always get a lot of attention wherever i go and about 2 weeks ago i met a thai celeb girl, she play in some thai girl band which i have no idea about, but my thai friend told me about it after i talked to her for a while :o

Basically its about how u look, how u dress, where u go, how wealthy u look, how clean u r, how u act.

Also most farangs r bad picking up girls. Sometimes i just start to laugh when i sit in a bar and i hear a farang next to me trying to pick up a girl. It is usually very patehic, but hey if u like the 500 baht girls in nana am sure anything will work.

Won't be online here for a while agai as usually so i probably wont respond to this post.

Personally i am about 1.80 and very active when it comes to fitness and boxing and i see the cute thai girls love that. I don't talk about the hookers around nana that most people here find enjoyable especially the "rich" english teachers. I am talking about the hot girls going shopping on Emporium that just came back from a month vacation in USA. I usually always get a lot of attention wherever i go and about 2 weeks ago i met a thai celeb girl, she play in some thai girl band which i have no idea about, but my thai friend told me about it after i talked to her for a while :D

Basically its about how u look, how u dress, where u go, how wealthy u look, how clean u r, how u act.

Also most farangs r bad picking up girls. Sometimes i just start to laugh when i sit in a bar and i hear a farang next to me trying to pick up a girl. It is usually very patehic, but hey if u like the 500 baht girls in nana am sure anything will work.

Won't be online here for a while agai as usually so i probably wont respond to this post.

On the streets of BKK 6-12 months ago...then was walking to Norway....Has a business which nets him THB 120,000 month and now mixing with the Hi So's in BKK, you lead an enchanted life my friend....if you are into boxing and fitness...how come you where asking where the gyms where in BKK not a week ago... :o:D

Personally i am about 1.80 and very active when it comes to fitness and boxing and i see the cute thai girls love that. I don't talk about the hookers around nana that most people here find enjoyable especially the "rich" english teachers. I am talking about the hot girls going shopping on Emporium that just came back from a month vacation in USA. I usually always get a lot of attention wherever i go and about 2 weeks ago i met a thai celeb girl, she play in some thai girl band which i have no idea about, but my thai friend told me about it after i talked to her for a while :(

On the streets of BKK 6-12 months ago...then was walking to Norway....Has a business which nets him THB 120,000 month and now mixing with the Hi So's in BKK, you lead an enchanted life my friend....if you are into boxing and fitness...how come you where asking where the gyms where in BKK not a week ago... :o:D

Maybe he's telling lies :D:D:D

As if anybody would on an anonymous internet forum. lol.... :D

Personally i am about 1.80 and very active when it comes to fitness and boxing and i see the cute thai girls love that. I don't talk about the hookers around nana that most people here find enjoyable especially the "rich" english teachers. I am talking about the hot girls going shopping on Emporium that just came back from a month vacation in USA. I usually always get a lot of attention wherever i go and about 2 weeks ago i met a thai celeb girl, she play in some thai girl band which i have no idea about, but my thai friend told me about it after i talked to her for a while :D

thats a shame but you probably busy showing your new celeb friends where you been sleeping in the streets.

i have a new career idea for you too,maybe you could teach farangs how to pick up women as you are so successful.

look forward to your next load of BS. does it take you so long to think of what crap to write or have you started that long walk again...anyway im willing to sponsor you infact il pay for the bus fare out of thailand to get you started. :o

• 6 months later...

I want to thank everyone for writing in on this subject, I have gotten some many laughs that I actually feel somewhat elated here at work.

For my two cents worth, I don't think that Thai ladies particularly judge men by their physical stature as much as women in the USA do. Here I am refering to the 18 to 40 yo group. I have though overheard many Thai ladies comment on the size of a mans stomach more than any other feature. Not in a snide way, but just that they will make an observation every time.

I have always heard that the ladies like OIL men.....Old, Ill, and Loaded. Can this be true?

Thanks again for the many laughs.

I'm quite often surprised at the amount of thai men on tv with girly haircuts,sometimes make up & lipstick. :) Is that what the girls go for now??

Don't be surprised

Farang girls used to love that look in the late 80's and early 90's, it was called the glam rock look.

ie:Bon Jovi,Poison,Guns & Roses, etc.....

PS: Have you ever hear of Marilyn Manson?

No way! Farang girls love Bred Pitt and Keanu Reeves:)

ok...im not thai...but i can tell you that for eye candy, a man with a good bod is nice. but normally thats not for keeps. its just for looking.

most of us settle for a nice bloke who can make us laugh.

oh, he has to be a good kisser too i guess.

Donna is spot on. Looks fade as well as the body deteriorates over time - need to be special inside, winning personality and great sense of humour to snag a keeper. Oh and snog well that is a given!!! :)

Yeah, well lets not forget that most western women's looks fade pretty fast. once that biological clock starts unwinding it becomes much less about mark whalberg abs and more about any guy with a job i can con into raising a couple of goofy kids with me. oh i love you because i know where i stand with you. you are not that handsome, you make me smile, i dont have to worry about other women stealing you from me, and you will pay for xxxxxx....

now go ahead and ban me for stating the obvious...

Nobody likes guys with huge muscles because they are freaks. its not healthy. its clearly a form of nihilism. whenever you see these losers they are always lookig in the mirror, absolutely anywhere they can see a reflection. the entire gym is mirrored for that very reason. while its physically unattractive, its also a sign of much deeper issues and a warning sign to others, just like the way people with many tattoos give off the vibe that they are to be avoided by normal people.

Yeah, well lets not forget that most western women's looks fade pretty fast. once that biological clock starts unwinding it becomes much less about mark whalberg abs and more about any guy with a job i can con into raising a couple of goofy kids with me. oh i love you because i know where i stand with you. you are not that handsome, you make me smile, i dont have to worry about other women stealing you from me, and you will pay for xxxxxx....

now go ahead and ban me for stating the obvious...

Nobody likes guys with huge muscles because they are freaks. its not healthy. its clearly a form of nihilism. whenever you see these losers they are always lookig in the mirror, absolutely anywhere they can see a reflection. the entire gym is mirrored for that very reason. while its physically unattractive, its also a sign of much deeper issues and a warning sign to others, just like the way people with many tattoos give off the vibe that they are to be avoided by normal people.

I am glad you know why every bodybuilder does what he or she does.  And I am fascinated to know that it is unhealthy.  I guess all bodybuilders should just sit in the bars, swilling beer and smoking cigs.

And what about people who merely work out and have moderately larger muscles than the average guy on the street?  Are they freaks?  Unhealthy?  If not, where do you draw the line?  Does this also hold true with the 1% body fat ultra-marathoners?  Freaks too?

I don't have the discipline nor desire to be a real bodybuilder.  But I would have to be blind not to see all the women hanging around muscle beach, hoping to get noticed by the guys there.  So at least the men on muscle beach and the women who hang out there like that look, as well as all the young guys who buy the posters of bodybuilders.

As far a Thai women, in my meager experience, they rather like it when a man does not look 5 months pregnant (yes, that pot-belly look draws this comment), has decent biceps, and has a chest with any degree of definition.  I am not saying Arnold-built, but merely fit and with a moderate build.  BUt since I am not Arnold-built, who knows?  Maybe many Thai women like that as well? I really don't know myself.

And I am so glad that you have sussed out the hundreds of millions of western woman as well, JohnGotti, you must really be amazing to have figured out every single one. :)

My wife says she'd rather have a guy who looks clean. She likes a fit guy with muscles, but not the gym rats with bulgers and veins. She thinks footballers and swimmers are good to look at, but not required for a happy life at all.

She says farang are usually a bit fat but fun and happy with lovely face, okay! So, ... she can look past surface stuff except when it comes to hygiene (hope I get that right!!!) So I gave up my gym membership and enjoy her cooking better than my plain diet cooking these days. Women are generally more practical and less superficial, at least when it comes to the physical, than us guys - I fear.

All of the Thai women I have met do not care a jot what a farang looks like so long as the money is forthcoming.

The trick they do have compared to farang women is the inscrutable come hither smile.

Beats working for a living - good luck to them

Heh, funny, all the Scottish women I were involved with didn't care a "jot" about where I was from, or what I did for a living, they just liked me because I'm big and Black, and not to hard to look at. Are all Scottish women like that?

No.

My wife says she'd rather have a guy who looks clean. She likes a fit guy with muscles, but not the gym rats with bulgers and veins. She thinks footballers and swimmers are good to look at, but not required for a happy life at all.

I would have to say that this pretty much agrees with most of the comments I have heard from Thai women on the subject.

As an aside, the only person who I have heard more than one Thai woman volunteer that they like his physique is Hugh Jackman.  Of course, others like Rain, but no mention of his physique.

Im a gym rat myself some would call me a bodybuilder. I would not go that far myself yet. I think for male and female there are limits to what they consider attractive.

Personally i think most pro bodybuilders are much to big. I doubt many girls really get attracted to them. But i do think most woman like muscle. It all depends on the amount. Of course the fat percentage should be low (still working on that one) but not too low.

Then again its all a matter of taste some say i'm ok now. I don't agree i think i should get fat percentage lower. Lower fat percentage makes even small muscle's look good.

I do know that a girl would always prefer anyone who is in shape over a fat beer drinking idiot. You got only one body and should try to take care of it. The only reason you see many of those fat guys with girls is the fact that girls do like certain things to be fat. (wallet)