Homestay/resorts

bruceboy

I have been looking at various resorts/homestays around Central Thailand. On a web search I found one called D&G Resort. Whilst it does look nice the problem is that it seems to be located in the middle of nowhere.

The reasoning for my questioning is that I might be interested in buying or building one in the future. I would enjoy living in the country. However, do these mom and pop tourist places really make any money in Central Thailand? Seems like a risky investment.

Thanks

Edited by bruceboy

Hi Bruce

I live in Northern Thailand and have stayed at a few of these resorts, price seems to be about 300-350 Baht per night, rooms OK but no great shakes, usually have AC, Thai TV. I just do not understand how they make money as the occupancy rate does not seem high, catering/entertainment is very basic, and also have a large staff meandering about, hope this helps.

Chris

I know of 2 places. One does seem to be making money but they do a lot of work in places like TV and the internet in general to get the punters in.

A lot of the smaller ones seem to be letting rooms by the hour / morning /afternoon. Need I say more? :o