Parts Swap Thread?

bangkokeddy

Fellow motorcycle enthusiasts, are you interested in starting a thread for mocy parts swap / sale? What have you got kicking around the garage? What do you need? I have half a Sonic, bits of a Kawa Z400, rear box, messy garage and grumbling g/f sale or swap. Deliver to Pattaya or Bangkok, or EMS of course.

Fellow motorcycle enthusiasts, are you interested in starting a thread for mocy parts swap / sale? What have you got kicking around the garage? What do you need? I have half a Sonic, bits of a Kawa Z400, rear box, messy garage and grumbling g/f sale or swap. Deliver to Pattaya or Bangkok, or EMS of course.

Pics of GF ??

Have a light brown 29 year old.. Small headlight model.. Firm rear end and a pleasant ride, however does have an increasing whine thats hard to diagnose or fix. Running costs and maintenance are increasing.

Would consider part ex on a larger garage.

LivinLOS: Have a light brown 29 year old.. Small headlight model.. Firm rear end and a pleasant ride, however does have an increasing whine thats hard to diagnose or fix. Running costs and maintenance are increasing.

With copy like that I think it will be difficult to find a taker! Those whines can be dam'ned annoying!

LivinLOS: Have a light brown 29 year old.. Small headlight model.. Firm rear end and a pleasant ride, however does have an increasing whine thats hard to diagnose or fix. Running costs and maintenance are increasing.

With copy like that I think it will be difficult to find a taker! Those whines can be dam'ned annoying!

True, could have a bearing on it ! :o

didint know you could send girlfriends EMS , that will save on the visa process for some ! :D .im interested, have all sorts of dirtbike stuff inc new clothing that i have never worn ( it shrunk somehow .or did i gain weight ) :o

Interesting thing is I am sure the whine was not present at ownership transfer..

Hi :o

Which parts of the Sonic do you have? Please list. I am interested (if the price is right) in anything to do with the REAR disc brake, minus the disc itself (meaning the brake pedal, pump, hose, caliper, pads) and also the front disc brake pump unit with hand lever, front disc brake caliper, maybe also gas handle and electrical handle bar switches units. Picture would be good :D

Please reply here or by PM or e-mail (boythanh AT gmail DOT com). I'm located in Bangkok.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK

Hi :D

Which parts of the Sonic do you have? Please list. I am interested (if the price is right) in anything to do with the REAR disc brake, minus the disc itself (meaning the brake pedal, pump, hose, caliper, pads) and also the front disc brake pump unit with hand lever, front disc brake caliper, maybe also gas handle and electrical handle bar switches units. Picture would be good :D

Please reply here or by PM or e-mail (boythanh AT gmail DOT com). I'm located in Bangkok.

Best regards.....

Thanh

I have forks and exhaust, sorry no brake bits right now :o There is an NSR being scrapped down the way, I might enquire how much they want for that so I can use it for parts. Would NSR brakes might fit a Sonic?

Unfortunately i have no idea about that - i would need the bits for an up-coming project (i want to build myself a racing bike on RXZ-basis) and i really wouldn't care what bike they came from as they will need to be modified anyway. I just want to get cheap brake bits, specifically for a REAR brake (most important!!) as the RXZ already has a disc in the front but none in the rear. And original Yamaha (VRR) parts cost way too much - plus they have to be modified as well to go into an RXZ.

Best regards.....

Thanh

I've got a set of spoked wheels for a 600cc Steed. 19" front, 15" rear. The rubber on them needs replacing, but otherwise they're fine.

I'm looking for any Yamaha XS650s. Running, dead, junked, etc. I haven't seen any for sale in my 2 years here, so maybe I'll build one!

That would be nice. If it's got a rear disc, and the green book, and can be convinced to run then i'll be interested in the whole bike. Depending on where it is, of course - as i have only the mornings to transfer it to my place so it must be no further than one bike-hour from Bangna. If it's got no rear disc than it won't be for me - my racing project absolutely must have a rear disc (and be a Yamaha two-stroke, before anyone wants to offer me some other bike).

Best regards.....

Thanh

• 4 months later...

Fed up of getting your helmet nicked???? I have a couple of large Givi rear luggage boxes and racks to get rid of. Both come with keys, fair condition. can fit two helmets side by side. Can be adapted to fit any bike, pretty much but would look stupid on a Honda Wave. Sale cheap or swap summit.

I need Phantom parts - saddle bags, windscreen, indicator covers, chrome egg timer etc.

Appears this thread, although a good idea, is kind of dead... i guess the guy still got his VRR and i still don't know if it had a rear disc brake... and i just bought one in the morning today, WITH that brake, for 5k :D

Kind regards....

Thanh

I've got a set of spoked wheels for a 600cc Steed. 19" front, 15" rear. The rubber on them needs replacing, but otherwise they're fine.

I'm looking for any Yamaha XS650s. Running, dead, junked, etc. I haven't seen any for sale in my 2 years here, so maybe I'll build one!

i got one in phuket runs make an offer 085 7959160

• 2 months later...

Yeah, but are you ready to get rid of that Nouvo with the sidecar yet???

Oh yeah, and which half of a Sonic do you have?

Anything with an engine that runs? Or can run?