Looking For A Bar

kanpo

someone told me about a bar in phuket town he likes called, cowboy (not the one on bangla). he said it's around the big roundabout with a seahorse. anyone give me some help with finding it. i don't remember seeing it. he said it's one of the bigger traffic circles in town.

thanks

LivinginKata, what makes you assume kanpo wants to BUY the bar? Maybe he only wants to go there because someone raved to him about their delicious charcoal roasted jellyfish sandwiches.

Kanpo, I also don't know where this place is. It is not that I am withholding info because I am afraid you will chat up my favourite waitress.

LivinginKata, what makes you assume kanpo wants to BUY the bar? Maybe he only wants to go there because someone raved to him about their delicious charcoal roasted jellyfish sandwiches.

I was just making a joke. You know ... ho ho. I've never heard of that bar and don't know of a roundabout with a sea horse. Next time I'm in Phuket Town I'll have a scout about.

someone told me about a bar in phuket town he likes called, cowboy (not the one on bangla). he said it's around the big roundabout with a seahorse. anyone give me some help with finding it. i don't remember seeing it. he said it's one of the bigger traffic circles in town.

thanks

seahorse roundabout? I think you need to check back with that "someone" as I cannot recall any "seahorse roundabouts"

The place exists! I have been. It's a predominantly Thai place and features a manic live band. I've been a couple of times when in Phuket and really liked the place.

The trouble is I don't know where it is! :o The gf took me and I was not paying much attention and was definitely not sober. However, a bit of googling turned up this entry at http://www.phuket-holidays.co.uk/phukettownnightlife.html:

"Continue down Takuapa Road and you’ll find half a dozen places featuring live bands and an all Thai crowd. One such place is known as Cowboy Bar, not to be confused with Soi Cowboy in Bangkok. Don’t expect to find any bar girls here (or cowboys for that matter) do expect to find a decent live band and lots of faux western kitsch on the walls."

That sounds like the place I went to.

Yee-haah! :D

I think the place your describing is on the same road as the motor vehicle (Rattanakoksin ??) but back into town.. For example drive from the DMV, back to town, then as you cross the main road (heading rt would be to robinsons, on the opposite left hand corner is a large bike main dealer) you follow the klong side along and its not too far along there.. Soon after the road leaves the klong edge or theres buildings between the road and the klong..

Odd kind of western kitch on the walls and owner dresses like the lone ranger..