• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder how much bogus gold is out there. I have never tested any of my own stack...

If the price does ever go vertical the incentives to counterfeit will too.

Sure as you say as the price goes up so will the counterfeit but.....

This is street level gold...scrap gold & jewelry

Another good reason to buy minted from a trusted source.

bernanke said that the fed was printing money in his last 60 minutes interview with the same reporter. this time he says no that is not the case.

also curious why he doesn't see looming inflation when commodities are sky rocketing.

i hope he does not end up like madoff's son, consumed by guilt. :whistling:

Interesting comments on AU AG & the COMEX

Silver and gold advance/all commodities rise big time

Again we see zero gold entering as deposits for both the dealer and the customer. However, a customer removed a huge 55,195 oz of gold or almost 2 tonnes.

Actually, there was another 32 oz withdrawal to give the total withdrawal of 55,227 oz. There must be a fire somewhere else with respect to gold. There were no adjustments.

Edited by flying

'... This Market' has now lasted for over 2 years and every time I look at that ugly 'Churchill' mug I think of this sequence from Mel Brooks' The Producers (1968 version):

LIEBKIND

... You know, not

many people knew about it, but the

Fuhrer vas a terrific dancer.

BIALYSTOCK

Really, I never dreamed ...

LIEBKIND

(flies into an

indignant rage)

That's because you were taken in by

that verdampter Allied propaganda.

Such filthy lies. But nobody said

a bad vord about Winston Churchill,

did they? Oh no, Vin Vit Vinnie!

(he gestures V for victory)

Churchill, vit his cigars and his

brandy and his rotten paintings.

Couldn't even say Nazi. He would

say Narzis, Narzis. Ve vere not

Narzies, ve vere Nazis. But let me

tell this, and you're getting it

straight from the horse, Hitler vas

better looking than Churchill, he

vas a better dresser than Churchill,

had more hair, told funnier jokes,

and could dance the pants off

Churchill!

Edited by jazzbo

On gold and its inflation-hedging qualities;

In 1915 an ounce of the useless yellow barbarous relic stood at $19 yankie dollars, today its $1400, so its risen by roughly 73-fold. CPI in the US has gone up roughly 25-fold in the same period; Gold is roughly 66% over-valued as an inflation-hedge.

In 1915 an ounce of the useless yellow barbarous relic stood at $19 yankie dollars, today its $1400, so its risen by roughly 73-fold. CPI in the US has gone up roughly 25-fold in the same period; Gold is roughly 66% over-valued as an inflation-hedge.

Please use anything but the CP-Lie as a comparison

Gold is as it was in 1915 the CP-Lie basket is not...... as they swap things in the basket to fit their explanation...constantly

Gold can be valued in what ever currency you choose. It is not gold that is over-valued...it is the currencies that have a problem & it is that which is reflected in the currency price of gold.

It is not just gold setting records..

Commodity prices, both industrial and agricultural, are on a tear.

Edited by flying

Please use anything but the CP-Lie as a comparison

Gold is as it was in 1915 the CP-Lie basket is not...... as they swap things in the basket to fit their explanation...constantly

Gold can be valued in what ever currency you choose. It is not gold that is over-valued...it is the currencies that have a problem & it is that which is reflected in the currency price of gold.

It is not just gold setting records..

Commodity prices, both industrial and agricultural, are on a tear.

But Rice, Copper and Gasolene are'nt touted as financial assets, that hedge inflation.

Needless to say the original comment was a tongue-in-cheek, fast 'n dirty comparison. ;)

As the year comes to a close it may surprise some to see the results for metals..

The winner was Palladium going from $420 to $753 +79% increase

Silver next with its rise from $17 to $29 +70% increase

Gold $1113 to $1384 +24% increase

Platinum $1496 to $1700 +13% increase

Not saying it is impossible but I am guessing a few millionaires now wish they had taken Sinclairs bet.

Still Sinclair was more right than wrong given he made his bet in April 08 when gold was hovering around $850

Edited by flying

as I think the Euro is headed for dollar parity, I would expect that...

another dreamer who needs a rubber sheet between the linen and the mattress av-11672.gif

These guys have been the top FX forecasters over the past 18 months.

"TD Securities predicts that the euro will trade at $1.13 by year-end, compared with $1.38 as of Oct. 1, and drop to parity against the dollar next year."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-03/no-stopping-yen-as-euro-reaches-parity-in-top-markets-forecast.html

Regards.

8 days left for the "top FX forecasters" to be proven right or wrong :whistling:

only 14% to go.

Edited by Naam

8 days left for the "top FX forecasters" to be proven right or wrong :whistling:

only 14% to go.

As opposed to the 20% to reach Goldman Sachs quote of 1.55. :D

Found yourself a Winter job in St Moritz I hear. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas Herr Doctor.

Regards.

happy holidays to you and all g-bugs T-Tiger. we left Switzerland on thursday and are spending the holidays in this country:

post-35218-0-67672100-1293226692_thumb.j

Interest rates are starting to rise but inflation has a head start . And most Western Governments , in this climate , will try as long as possible to keep rates lower rather than higher .

But there are Lots of gold bears at this time

Gold bears price in 15% fall

http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/gold-bears-price-in-15-fall/a460035

but I don't think we're done yet /

Gold Is At A Big Fractal Fork In The Road

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/152129-bruce-pile/123320-gold-is-at-a-big-fractal-fork-in-the-road

and With IMF sales done - China/India/Russia and other central Banks still buying , Euro Problems etc I think gold will continue its upward path . and pension funds may well decide to up their % investment to PM's , to counter QE in the US and the probable decline in the $ /

and World Bank chief continues his gold speak

'The World Bank President Robert Zoellick reaffirmed his proposal to use gold as a reference point to reform the current international monetary system yesterday, according to the media reports. Gold serves as a key reference point to allow people to assess the relations between different currencies, noted Zoellick before venturing to say that the commodity is an approach that we can take to establish a benchmark against prices of principal commodities. Earlier in the week, the World Bank president talked of a world monetary system, which should also consider employing gold as an international reference point of market expectations about inflation, deflation and future currency values.'

http://www.indiainfoline.com/Markets/News/Gold-Weekly-Review-Prices-Shrug-Off-Sound-Fundamentals-Amid-Year-End-Correction/3458346353

not to mention the ongoing talk of silver shortages /

Not the right time to sell imo /

Not the right time to sell imo

as long as i can pocket a reasonable profit i am selling (when i think it's time to sell). i can always buy again if and when i think the price is right. three times in and three times out since end of may turned out to be quite profitable. the beauty / advantage of paper gold is the easy handling. a phone call or a few mouse clicks will do the job.

Not the right time to sell imo

as long as i can pocket a reasonable profit i am selling (when i think it's time to sell). i can always buy again if and when i think the price is right. three times in and three times out since end of may turned out to be quite profitable. the beauty / advantage of paper gold is the easy handling. a phone call or a few mouse clicks will do the job.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Quite agree !