Where Is Gold Going In This Market

Nams previous comment

count your blessings Flying. Thai VAT on AG has a positive effect on you. no more backbreaking heavy loads wheelbarrowing around between basement and barn.

Answer

you can buy AG without Vat from many dealers who sell the 99.99% pellets to jewellery trade in Thailand. Ive bought and sold many times in BKK but not in my neck of the woods. How they do this I really don't know but buy/sell margin is around 1000 baht a kg or at moment around 3% unlike AU here where buy/sell for bars is around 1/2%. Im also beginning to wonder if you actually know anything or just love to put people down. ?? do you actually live here. ITs true official Vat rate is 7% on silver and ive failed to find any dealer here selling silver bars coins except at stupid prices but several sell and buy 99.99% silver pellets used by jewellery trade. Personally id happily pay 7% vat if I could find here any place selling bars and coins at rates you get in USA or other places.In UK theirs 20% vat on silver of any kind.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nams previous comment

count your blessings Flying. Thai VAT on AG has a positive effect on you. no more backbreaking heavy loads wheelbarrowing around between basement and barn.

Answer

you can buy AG without Vat from many dealers who sell the 99.99% pellets to jewellery trade in Thailand. Ive bought and sold many times in BKK but not in my neck of the woods. How they do this I really don't know but buy/sell margin is around 1000 baht a kg or at moment around 3% unlike AU here where buy/sell for bars is around 1/2%. Im also beginning to wonder if you actually know anything or just love to put people down. ?? do you actually live here. ITs true official Vat rate is 7% on silver and ive failed to find any dealer here selling silver bars coins except at stupid prices but several sell and buy 99.99% silver pellets used by jewellery trade. Personally id happily pay 7% vat if I could find here any place selling bars and coins at rates you get in USA or other places.In UK theirs 20% vat on silver of any kind.

again some irrelevant ranting and personal attack without any bearing and background knowledge of an actual health problem that Flying has and the basics of the discussion.

more irrelevance by suggesting that somebody, who lives in Thailand and is interested to invest in silver, travels 1,400 kilometers back and forth to buy/sell some kilos of obscure silver pellets without any tangible/verifiable proof of the metals purity.

stop ridiculing yourself and refrain from rendering nonsensical advice!

Tis true my back is getting better smile.png

does a remedy exist or do you have do treat on a case by case basis?

Are you saying Gold in that bubble in the present climate ?

I do not include physical gold ..... but then again I do not think many with physical look at it as an investment...myself included.

What is it then? An object d'art on your mantelpiece?

Nope it is what it has always been.

How about you? What is your interest in this thread/Golds Direction?

I cannot say I have kept up with your posts but I think I remember you like dividend paying stocks yes?

(or was that someone else? ...not sure )

How does it relate? If the S&P goes to 600-800 shortly do you have any plans/hedge/insurance?

Edited by flying

And for you that would presumably be gold chainmail to wear as the world comes to an end.

You are an odd one............Seems your always hunting bugs yet after many years of reading this thread...

I have to be honest.....I think you will not find any here.

But if your bored....then go for it.

And for you that would presumably be gold chainmail to wear as the world comes to an end.

Gold_Chain_mail_10085_1_thumb.jpg

And what do you do with all the paper receipts for your "investments "? Wipe your a$$ with them?

Gold_Chain_mail_10085_1_thumb.jpg

And what do you do with all the paper receipts for your "investments "? Wipe your a$$ with them?

Tried buying toilet paper lately at the 7-11 with one of your coins?

You are an odd one............Seems your always hunting bugs yet after many years of reading this thread...

Chorus: "Oh yes there are!"

15936_large.jpg

15936_large.jpg

post-32036-133955822521_thumb.jpg

Well then happy hunting.....But is that really all you have?

I tend to applaud folks like churchill who started this thread & had the timing/foresight

to recognize an event.

That aside perhaps you too will eventually contribute something useful to this thread.....or not.

Chok dee

Edited by flying

nearly 300 pages and we still don't know 'where is gold going in dis here market'

PS in fact I am 300!!!

I'll have that shirt if no one minds. I've got just the place, on my wall, to display it. Right where my mantelpiece would be, if I had a mantelpiece. Now you know where Gold is going.

nearly 300 pages and we still don't know 'where is gold going in dis here market'

PS in fact I am 300!!!

I'll have that shirt if no one minds. I've got just the place, on my wall, to display it. Right where my mantelpiece would be, if I had a mantelpiece. Now you know where Gold is going.

It's going UP ..smile.png

PS in fact I am 300!!!

It's going UP ..smile.png

except for the last 11 months when it was going down ermm.gif

http://www.reuters.c...E8HD0W820120613

UPDATE 1-Kazakh c.bank to have 20 pct of reserves in gold

* C.bank raises gold purchase, gold holdings target

* Plans to cut holdings in ailing euro (Adds quotes, details background)

By Raushan Nurshayeva

ASTANA, June 13 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan's central bank plans to boost the share of gold in its gold and foreign currency reserves to 20 percent from 14-15 percent, deputy bank chairman Bisengali Tadzhiyakov said on Wednesday.

Tadzhiyakov, who gave no time frame for the move, said last week Kazakhstan planned to buy 22 tonnes of gold from local producers, which at that time he estimated would boost the share of the metal to 15 percent from about 12 percent.

Edited by Jayman

By Raushan Nurshayeva

ASTANA, June 13 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan's central bank plans to boost the share of gold in its gold and foreign currency reserves to 20 percent from 14-15 percent, deputy bank chairman Bisengali Tadzhiyakov said on Wednesday.

Tadzhiyakov, who gave no time frame for the move, said last week Kazakhstan planned to buy 22 tonnes of gold from local producers, which at that time he estimated would boost the share of the metal to 15 percent from about 12 percent.

Now that Colonel Gaddafi is dead Kazakhstan will have to suffice as a stand-in.

By Raushan Nurshayeva

Now that Colonel Gaddafi is dead Kazakhstan will have to suffice as a stand-in.

You do know that Gaddafi was a person and Kazakhstan is a country right? Just checking as what you said makes no sense at all to me.

maybe you didn't read the article..

Former Soviet Kazakhstan is one of a number of countries, including Russia, Mexico, Colombia and South Korea, that have built up their official gold holdings in recent years.

Most buying has been seen from Asian and emerging market central banks, which typically hold a smaller proportion of their currency reserves in bullion than developed economies.

Official sector gold purchases rose to their highest since the mid-1960s last year, metals consultancy GFMS has said, largely as developing countries diversified their foreign exchange holdings in response to the sovereign debt crisis.

Edited by Jayman

Same as always ..

beatdeadhorse.gif Naam slam

if it does not fit the Naam plan drunk.gif

and A little later .. the Naam Fan hit-the-fan.gifwai.gif

yes i used to have some time for his crap but now hes just a boring old fart. Go on king nam give me one of your great putdowns please. What a prat you have become sadly since i really did used to think you added some meaningful comment but feel free to post about your carpets is it crap about whatever and your puddle fans can flame away no problem