Where Is Gold Going In This Market

Ok I answer the question since you can't; why they so kindness to keep another countries gold for free for last 10+ years? Because they put it to work leasing etc in to make to manipulate prices. That is why they can not give back more than 50tons per year. It is stuck in the web of the system.

What's your answer? No answer; Just trol trol trol with out able to put forth any sensible logical alternative reasoning for this scenario.

please list any available evidence

-that gold stored by a specific nation was leased out illegally by another nation.

and explain

-why by leasing out specific amounts of gold the global gold price can be manipulated.

1) what other rational explanation is there to not just take back all your gold in 1 go?

2) artificially increased supply would affect the supply side of demand and supply based price determination.

i asked for evidence, not rational explanations. moreover, both your explanations are not rational but mere assumptions without any basis because

-storing 350 tons of gold needs certain preparations. storing gravel or coal would be much easier.

-moving gold from location A to location B does not increase supply. neither artificially nor actually.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I find interesting about the latest hullabaloo in Singapore over the alleged sudden disappearance of Lee Song Teck , the owner of The Gold Guarantee Pte Ltd ,( reported in the non-free section of the Straits Times) is there seems to have been a question mark hanging over the authenticity of this company even as far back as 12 September 2012, according to the questions some people were asking at that time.

huh.png

I wouldn't have much sympathy for someone who gave their money to this kind of organisation anyway and certainly anyone that still still went ahead between September and now, knowing about such doubts in the market.

If it is a scam I'm very surprised this guy chose to do it in Singapore who tend to be very unforgiving on fraudsters.

The 40-year-old, who works in the service industry, said she invested $189,000 in 2kg of gold last month, but does not have physical possession of the gold.

She said she opted for a "safekeeping receipt" instead, as her agent told her she would receive a higher monthly payout that way.sad.png

Edited by midas

The 40-year-old, who works in the service industry, said she invested $189,000 in 2kg of gold last month, but does not have physical possession of the gold.

She said she opted for a "safekeeping receipt" instead, as her agent told her she would receive a higher monthly payout that way.sad.png

= clear evidence that "a sucker is born every minute". even when gold peaked at USD 1,900/ounce in 2011 it was stupidity to spend SGD 189k for 2kg. a fair price would have been SGD 153,000 instead of 189,000 dry.png

Ok I answer the question since you can't; why they so kindness to keep another countries gold for free for last 10+ years? Because they put it to work leasing etc in to make to manipulate prices. That is why they can not give back more than 50tons per year. It is stuck in the web of the system.

What's your answer? No answer; Just trol trol trol with out able to put forth any sensible logical alternative reasoning for this scenario.

please list any available evidence

-that gold stored by a specific nation was leased out illegally by another nation.

and explain

-why by leasing out specific amounts of gold the global gold price can be manipulated.

1) what other rational explanation is there to not just take back all your gold in 1 go?

2) artificially increased supply would affect the supply side of demand and supply based price determination.

i asked for evidence, not rational explanations. moreover, both your explanations are not rational but mere assumptions without any basis because

-storing 350 tons of gold needs certain preparations. storing gravel or coal would be much easier.

-moving gold from location A to location B does not increase supply. neither artificially nor actually.

"""-storing 350 tons of gold needs certain preparations. storing gravel or coal would be much easier."""

There is no mention in any article I've seen of the need for extra vault building or other preparation, please provide evidence.

"""" if the gold stays in location A but is leased through paper multiple times then it does increase supply.

I am invested in the Mining Companies , more silver than gold ... still ! So I hope the bearish view does not prevail , there are a lot of very pessimistic projections for the HUI out there .....

Mining juniors in crisis – gold explorers particularly badly hit

http://www.mineweb.c...74740&sn=Detail

Separating the Gold Mining Haves from the Have-Nots: Paolo Lostritto

http://www.theaurepo...om/pub/na/14944

and ... http://traderdannorcini.blogspot.com/2013/01/technical-failure-continues-to-haunt.html

Edited by churchill

There is no mention in any article I've seen of the need for extra vault building or other preparation, please provide evidence.

i have sent an e-mail request to the Bundesbank demanding exact information (GPS coordinates) of the locations (existing or still to be established) where the repatriated gold from Fort Knox will be stored.

L-dog%20very%20small.jpg

coffee1.gif Wow to much noise here don't people actually debate or bring reason to the table anymore ?

Long term trend hasn't changed. Can't see any change to the Paper currency devaluation going forward but more of the same ( printing ) growth has mostly flatlined in western economies and their currencies are continuing to be debased quite spectacularly. Nothing will change that direction because they are now locked into a cycle they cant afford to raise rates and they can't get growth, they can only print more paper and it can't go on forever without something giving.

Low interest rates made necessary by global deleveraging have squeezed risk premiums out of nearly every asset class, As a result, most financial assets are now overvalued. If debt starts to be priced at normal rates, the adjustment will be agonising.Bond markets are definitely in a bubble. Trillions worth of pension and insurance money is invested in bonds, a collapsing bond market would destroy wealth on a massive scale and make 2008 look like a walk in the park. Stock markets will fall, in some cases severely, while the great recovering property boom will give way to another crash as the cost of mortgages climbs permanently higher.

I should add, spiralling rates will eventually be bad news for gold. They did for it in 1980. But in 1980 it took rates at over 15% to kill gold's bull market. We know the world can't even take rates at 6%. In the monetary mayhem that would ensue during the spiking rates of a collapsing bond market, that's when gold will go really ballistic. And it won't stop till they get the bond market back under control.

Gold is currently in wave 2 due for an up after 17 months consolidation, Silver still in wave 1 and performing quite nicely after a healthy pullback in 2012 and still consolidating, eventually it will follow gold up and probably close the gap on the ratio and continue to do so slowly but surely. Currently silver is selling on a 1 to 1 value ratio with gold in investment bullion and this will also continue. As gold climbs higher even more will change to silver and the ratio will narrow.

Thats if things stay the same and nothing goes pearshaped such as a bond crisis, if it does all bets are off. Just my opinion but the PM bull run will continue as long as the lunatics are still running the asylums .

You can go back to the Monty Python sketch now. wai.gif

Edited by englishoak

English oak

The % of bonds bought by thier own governments continues to climb. What's to stop them just continuing this trend right up to 100% and keeping interest rates at these historic lows?

Right now the only buyers of G8 bonds seem to be the countries themselves printing to prop each other up. More likely I think this just carries on until the currencies are all just a fraction of what they are now. As investors, governments, people realise the dropping value of cash gold and silver continue the bull but not dramitic due to manipulation buy the paper money protectors, until the paper market breaks when not enough physical supply and the paper represent ices holders loose 100% value, while the physical holders hord. Currencies simultaneously finish the collapse/ hyper inflation. Now time spare an oz or two to pay off any mortgages or debts on the broke money. Then new (probably metals backed) currency is introduced and things begin to stabilise but with the consent ration of wealth and power consolidated and focused dramatically.

Edited by mccw

English oak

The % of bonds bought by thier own governments continues to climb. What's to stop them just continuing this trend right up to 100% and keeping interest rates at these historic lows?

Right now the only buyers of G8 bonds seem to be the countries themselves printing to prop each other up. More likely I think this just carries on until the currencies are all just a fraction of what they are now. As investors, governments, people realise the dropping value of cash gold and silver continue the bull but not dramitic due to manipulation buy the paper money protectors, until the paper market breaks when not enough physical supply and the paper represent ices holders loose 100% value, while the physical holders hord. Currencies simultaneously finish the collapse/ hyper inflation. Now time spare an oz or two to pay off any mortgages or debts on the broke money. Then new (probably metals backed) currency is introduced and things begin to stabilise but with the consent ration of wealth and power consolidated and focused dramatically.

if the value of currencies are breaking down where's the logic in paying off mortgage/debt? saai.gif

Why won't it ? well lets just take the dollar as an example

There’s a record $17.3 trillion of US debt and a good portion of that is sitting in baby boomers’ portfolios like a ticking time bomb ready to explode, and most investors know little about it.

Bond fund managers have an obligation and a job to do. The cheques come in from clients every day, and they have to invest it.

And rates would not have to go through the roof to take out billions in principal for investors, most of whom are in bonds because they are nearing retirement. If say the 10-year bond goes up 100 basis points. One hundred basis points is just a 1 percent increase, which would put the 10-year at about 2.6 percent. The average rate of return over the last decade is roughly 4 percent, which, if we return to that yield, could put principal losses close to $500 billion.

Bond prices (your principal) and interest rates (yield) move in opposite directions. When rates rise, bond prices fall. The inverse is, of course, true as well. When rates fall, the price (your principal) of the bond rises.

The problem today is that short-term rates are pegged at zero percent. In addition, the Fed’s irresponsible bond-buying spree, dubbed QE, has driven even long-term rates insanely low, to 1.5 or 1.6 percent on the 10-year Treasury. Along with Europe doing the same and Japan and others etc.

Without rewriting arithmetic, rates have nowhere to go but up — and, eventually, up quite a bit. And the principal invested in bonds will fall substantially.

Most financial advisers still steer their near-retirement clients into bond funds, these are extraordinary times where the latest bubble in bonds can just pop at any time, just like the two previous bubbles.

The bizarre move “forward” into a massive multitrillion-dollar and Euro, Pound Yen etc bond-buying binge has left all investors more vulnerable today than they were in 2000 after the Internet bubble, or the housing-bubble bust in 2008.

Investors always implicitly understood that there were certain levels of risk inherent in Internet/technology stocks in the beginning of the dot-com economy, where an idea and a sock puppet could garner a $100 million market cap. The same applied a few years later, when investors saw the price of their homes double over three years on nothing more than easy credit and lax regulator supervision.

But sadly, few understand just how risky bonds are at this very moment. For generations, investors have looked to bonds/Treasuries as “low-risk” savings instruments, almost like a bank CD. Bond losses were always something that happened in other countries like Argentina. They arnt any more.

Most don’t spend their time trying to comprehend the likes of quantitative easing or yield curves. That’s what the bureaucrats get paid for.However, everyone recognizes that they earn next to nothing on their money today, either in the bank or in other interest-rate-based products like bonds and money-market funds.They also know that “something” is clearly not right. That intuitive “something,” that recognition, is all-telling. The bond market into unchartered and very unsafe waters.

People are funny, either they have this belief it cannot happen to them until it does or that everything will always be ok because it always has when in fact nothing stays the same. I don't think we shall see a metal backed currency there just isnt enough bagged by any government with stable enough currency, it wont be the Yen is barely has 1.6% of its reserves in PM a basket maybe. I've heard all the yipping while its gone from $700 to $1700 so i don't pay any mind. When the signs are its overshooting its run ill bail and its a long way off yet but I wont have been dumb enough to deny it all the way up from $500 or less. Nothing much has outperformed either gold of silver the past few years so it kinda upsets some people lol

Maybe there isnt any sense paying down a mortgage if your fixed but if your not hmmmm itll as likely be rolled over to another currency if they can get away with it anyway Nam Wai would suffice you didn't have to grovel and pray smile.png

Edited by englishoak

interesting theories EnglishOak! but for a better understanding i would have preferred to read them in one of the languages i master, e.g. French, German, Spanish or i wouldn't mind to read them in... English.

if you have an English version, please let us have it. tongue.png

Why won't it ? well lets just take the dollar as an example

There’s a record $17.3 trillion of US debt and a good portion of that is sitting in baby boomers’ portfolios like a ticking time bomb ready to explode, and most investors know little about it.

Bond fund managers have an obligation and a job to do. The cheques come in from clients every day, and they have to invest it.

And rates would not have to go through the roof to take out billions in principal for investors, most of whom are in bonds because they are nearing retirement. If say the 10-year bond goes up 100 basis points. One hundred basis points is just a 1 percent increase, which would put the 10-year at about 2.6 percent. The average rate of return over the last decade is roughly 4 percent, which, if we return to that yield, could put principal losses close to $500 billion.

Bond prices (your principal) and interest rates (yield) move in opposite directions. When rates rise, bond prices fall. The inverse is, of course, true as well. When rates fall, the price (your principal) of the bond rises.

The problem today is that short-term rates are pegged at zero percent. In addition, the Fed’s irresponsible bond-buying spree, dubbed QE, has driven even long-term rates insanely low, to 1.5 or 1.6 percent on the 10-year Treasury. Along with Europe doing the same and Japan and others etc.

Without rewriting arithmetic, rates have nowhere to go but up — and, eventually, up quite a bit. And the principal invested in bonds will fall substantially.

Most financial advisers still steer their near-retirement clients into bond funds, these are extraordinary times where the latest bubble in bonds can just pop at any time, just like the two previous bubbles.

The bizarre move “forward” into a massive multitrillion-dollar and Euro, Pound Yen etc bond-buying binge has left all investors more vulnerable today than they were in 2000 after the Internet bubble, or the housing-bubble bust in 2008.

Investors always implicitly understood that there were certain levels of risk inherent in Internet/technology stocks in the beginning of the dot-com economy, where an idea and a sock puppet could garner a $100 million market cap. The same applied a few years later, when investors saw the price of their homes double over three years on nothing more than easy credit and lax regulator supervision.

But sadly, few understand just how risky bonds are at this very moment. For generations, investors have looked to bonds/Treasuries as “low-risk” savings instruments, almost like a bank CD. Bond losses were always something that happened in other countries like Argentina. They arnt any more.

Most don’t spend their time trying to comprehend the likes of quantitative easing or yield curves. That’s what the bureaucrats get paid for.However, everyone recognizes that they earn next to nothing on their money today, either in the bank or in other interest-rate-based products like bonds and money-market funds.They also know that “something” is clearly not right. That intuitive “something,” that recognition, is all-telling. The bond market into unchartered and very unsafe waters.

People are funny, either they have this belief it cannot happen to them until it does or that everything will always be ok because it always has when in fact nothing stays the same. I don't think we shall see a metal backed currency there just isnt enough bagged by any government with stable enough currency, it wont be the Yen is barely has 1.6% of its reserves in PM a basket maybe. I've heard all the yipping while its gone from $700 to $1700 so i don't pay any mind. When the signs are its overshooting its run ill bail and its a long way off yet but I wont have been dumb enough to deny it all the way up from $500 or less. Nothing much has outperformed either gold of silver the past few years so it kinda upsets some people lol

Maybe there isnt any sense paying down a mortgage if your fixed but if your not hmmmm itll as likely be rolled over to another currency if they can get away with it anyway Nam Wai would suffice you didn't have to grovel and pray smile.png

Except that it doesn't always and your prediction of a metal-based currency puts all the wordiness into the same stale bread-bin as the others.

I don't think we shall see a metal backed currency there just isnt enough bagged by any government with stable enough currency, it wont be the Yen is barely has 1.6% of its reserves in PM a

Except that it doesn't always and your prediction of a metal-based currency puts all the wordiness into the same stale bread-bin as the others.

You seem to have him confused with another. He said, & I agree, there will not be a metal backed currency

Edited by mania

I don't think we shall see a metal backed currency there just isnt enough bagged by any government with stable enough currency, it wont be the Yen is barely has 1.6% of its reserves in PM a

You seem to have him confused with another. He said, & I agree, there will not be a metal backed currency

You are correct. My error and head hung in shame. Remind myself to properly wake up and complete ablutions before logging on and launching missile attacks with sleep in my eyes.

Can't see any change to the Paper currency devaluation going forward but more of the same ( printing ) growth has mostly flatlined in western economies and their currencies are continuing to be debased quite spectacularly.

No doubt whilst I've been lazy you've quantified the printing/devaluation.

Please do share....I'd be fascinated to know how much of my recent gold profits......specified in suspicious $US.....were mere illusion.

Edited by cheeryble

English oak

if the value of currencies are breaking down where's the logic in paying off mortgage/debt? saai.gif

When its collapsed sufficiently I'd rather pay it off with a few oz than risk it getting revalued in to some new currency at the behest of the banks.

When its collapsed sufficiently I'd rather pay it off with a few oz than risk it getting revalued in to some new currency at the behest of the banks.
oops! i completely forgot that it's only a matter of time till "a few ounces" will cover any debt.

laugh.png

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-29/bernanke-seen-buying-1-1-trillion-in-bonds-by-early-2014.html

Bernanke Seen Buying $1.14 Trillion in Assets in 2014

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke’s latest round of bond buying will reach $1.14 trillion before he ends the program in the first quarter of 2014, according to median estimates in a Bloomberg survey of economists.

wow those bonds are a hot item.. guess I need to get me some. I will turn in some of my worthless gold for these highly coveted government bonds.

http://www.bloomberg...early-2014.html

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke’s latest round of bond buying will reach $1.14 trillion before he ends the program in the first quarter of 2014, according to median estimates in a Bloomberg survey of economists.

wow those bonds are a hot item.. guess I need to get me some. I will turn in some of my worthless gold for these highly coveted government bonds.

Yeah but it is easy for the Bernanke, He doesn't need to sell anything, He just punches in some digits to his mainframe & poof all done.

That ain't workin' that's the way you do it

Money for nothin' and chicks for free

Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it

Lemme tell ya them guys ain't dumb

Maybe get a blister on your little finger

Maybe get a blister on your thumb

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-29/bernanke-seen-buying-1-1-trillion-in-bonds-by-early-2014.html

How can they stop printing money without cutting spending or writing off debt? If not and yield on tressuries rise to tempt non fed money the knock on effects will crash the economies. Or they just mean the current program ends = to make way for the new even bigger printing program under a new brand name.

Or they allow the massive crash to come on this start 2014 date Or when as much physical gold, silver, etc has been hoarded by the string pullers as possible to set themselves up as the even more rich and powerful masters of the next system. It's only the nation states and citizens getting screwed in this final paper death spiral for sure the super elite have it all worked out and going to plan.

I just read mccw's post and am going to kill myself.

Just before that perhaps he could answer my previous question to English Oak.

What is your quantification in %age terms of how the money printing/devaluation has affected me and others?

Sub-question:

Will the money created by QE replace the loss in value of assets in the last crash?

Edited by cheeryble

Heres the thing, Gold is a store of wealth, insurance if you like its not about investing and making money. Its simple to see

comm-goldasstorevalue-12092011.gif

As monetary printing continues you can see roughly where things are.

monetary_base_M0_vs_gold_price_1940-2012.gif

Heres your bond rates and the US printing debt rate

screen%20shot%202013-01-08%20at%2012.00.55%20pm.jpg

Heres the money supply increase from 2007 - 2012

RS%202_0.jpg

Nope gold is not rising it is money supply and currencies being debased against gold. You can print all the paper you want but you can only mine gold... if anyone is interested btw Gold mined in the past 5 years totals about 8% rise if it were on that chart.

Something else that is not being taken into account is the Gold price of mining production and bringing to market. Current conservative estimates are 1 oz costs about $1250 to bring to end market now with rising costs and inflation this will only grow.

gold-mining-costs.png

Mining cost alone is now above $700, well on the way to $1000 and some are there already.

The costs have risen significantly partly because companies have to dig deeper to find high-grade gold deposits. In many cases, that means digging more than one mile into the ground. In addition, costs associated with almost everything have moved higher as well.

The current market price is roughly $1650 an ounce. As the costs rise it underpins the price, if it gets too low they will simple stop mining causing a supply problem if theres healthy demand. Whilst there is fear, lack of investment returns, monetary uncertainty, currency debasement there is only one direction for gold the big banks know it, the market knows it.Nations are net buyers of gold not selling it

During the 80s PM run there was no Indians, no Chinese, half of Europe and 0 in Africa investing or able to. Today this is not the case. Whether Gold runs further this year or continues to consolidate isn't important. What is important is if the fundamentals have changed or are likely to. I don't see it.

Oh and as for the German repatriation item ? yes it's highly significant, the 7 year period is tantamount of saying even though the US has 8000 tonnes a meagre 350 or so cannot be sent in less than a 7 year time period. This is almost certainly because its all leased out and needs time to supply. Why is this significant ? well it sends a simple signal. If you don't hold it you don't own it. Watch other nations demand their gold back in the coming years. Especially from the US as its not a trading centre for gold and hasn't been since the 70s. Gold trading takes place in London and Zurich not NY.

This isn't hard to understand. The western world is in a big hole and just digging it ever deeper, head in the sand ass in the air. Its simple economics. Against nearly all currencies gold is seen to be appreciating and along with it other currencies such as the baht. This isnt the case it is those currencies actually depreciating that makes gold and currencies such as the baht look good.

I just read mccw's post and am going to kill myself.

Just before that perhaps he could answer my previous question to English Oak.

What is your quantification in %age terms of how the money printing/devaluation has affected me and others?

Sub-question:

Will the money created by QE replace the loss in value of assets in the last crash?

The Money created and continuing to be by QE has been ring fenced and not as yet filtered into the system. What you need to understand is these derivatives and bad assets have not been written off just shelved.

Will your gold holding compensate by offsetting their increase vs other losses was that your question ? I can't say that would depend on what you have invested vs other assets.

All I can say is gold is a hedge and a store of value. As long as it dosnt become overvalued ( which I don't see it is atm ) it is as good a place as any and paces currency debasement rather well.

There are 3 stages of any bubble.

• Stage One: Currency Devaluation.
  • Stage Two: Investment Demand.
  • Stage Three: A culminating Mania-Buying Spree and blowout.

We are simultaneously and uniquely experiencing stage 2 and foolishly revisiting 1 underpinning what may have been already a growing bubble and making it a new base purely by the continuing currency debasement which should have stopped back in 08 leading to a crash and fueling a run on gold and its natural blowout. This didnt happen, instead stage 1 continues whilst stage 2 is in play.

During 1989, everybody owned Japanese stocks. And in 2000, everybody owned tech stocks. 2006/7 property. That is the bubble, when the majority of market participants own an asset. I think there are more people that own a tech company’s stock than gold.There is no mania buying, Hedgefunds are not in there yet and nor is the general public.

In the long run, that central banks all over the world are going to print money because they know nothing else. The purchasing power of currencies will continue to go down. In other words, the price of gold and silver will move up in the long run.

Many believe that gold is in a bubble stage. In my view gold is not in a bubble stage yet, they are scared to let it happen and do into stage 3 but it will, the result will be sooo much worse or better in the long run.

I'm not really a gold bug, but it's hard to argue against such massive, global currency debasement.

I'm thinking we have just entered the beginning of the inflationary period. Any opinions on how this will manifest leading to high / hyper inflation? Mine is that it will be through trade war / protectionism, leading to sudden, sharp lack of supply (empty shelves) and large price increases / panic buying. I think this is the 64 trillion $ question right now.

Sent from my A500 using Thaivisa Connect App

I'm not really a gold bug, but it's hard to argue against such massive, global currency debasement.

I'm thinking we have just entered the beginning of the inflationary period. Any opinions on how this will manifest leading to high / hyper inflation? Mine is that it will be through trade war / protectionism, leading to sudden, sharp lack of supply (empty shelves) and large price increases / panic buying. I think this is the 64 trillion $ question right now.

Sent from my A500 using Thaivisa Connect App

please be kind enough and tell me where exactly i can find that "massive, global currency debasement" you are referring to.

ohmy.png

sent from my QRWX986 using hyperventilated secret subspace frequency