Where Is Gold Going In This Market

I went to Hua Seng Heng on Tuesday and bought 5 Baht, line was long, two people in front of me pulled out wads of Baht, over $20,000 USD each.

I didn't walk out with my Gold...have to pick it up next week...they didn't have it...fwiw.

Since gold has lost 16% in $US since its peak they probably think it is sale time.

Yoshiwara…… the cheerleader for misinformation

giggle.gif

The market is offering a free profit to anyone who will sell a gold bar and

buy an April contract. For whatever reason, no one is either able or willing to take the bait. This is proof that the market for physical gold metal is drying up. Speculators in the futures markets may believe that the gold price “should” fall because the central banks say they are not going to competitively devalue their irredeemable paper currencies. Owners of real metal are increasingly reluctant to part with it at the current price.

Edited by midas

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meteorite's Naam ... no need to mine in space.. more supply ..smile.png

Nothing to do with the Pope .

http://www.livescience.com/27194-meteorite-hunters-russia-meteor.html

BUT perhaps there is hope ... see http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/4460/setup-big-trade rolleyes.gif

and it is worth a read ...

Edited by churchill

it is worth a read ...

i don't read too much about gold Churchill, i am buying. my buying is not based on the garbage usually spread by people and institutions with an agenda -which you (and others) take at face value- but based on my very own assessments, assumptions and guidelines.

'-which you (and others) take at face value-' .. You assume wrong ... nothing is ever believed or taken at face value .. especially from you .blink.png

you have copied and pasted a huge of load of rubbish in this thread during the last four years. so don't tell us "nothing is ever believed..." tongue.png

Edited by Naam

'-which you (and others) take at face value-' .. You assume wrong ... nothing is ever believed or taken at face value .. especially from you .blink.png

you have copied and pasted a huge of load of rubbish in this thread during the last four years. so don't tell us "nothing is ever believed..." tongue.png

as have you from your 'bankers' laugh.png

Soros has voted with his feet

http://www.bloomberg...ices-slump.html

plus others:

http://www.bloomberg...ommodities.html

Fletch

smile.png

That is what he did last year til 31st December .. he increased the previous quarter .. and This quarter ?

view from Sweden ..

World economy: A monetary policy ® evolution is on the way -

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.euroinvestor.se%2Fnyheter%2F2013%2F02%2F12%2Fvarldsekonomi-en-penningpolitisk-revolution-ar-paa-vag-seb%2F12204078

Soros has voted with his feet

http://www.bloomberg...ices-slump.html

plus others:

http://www.bloomberg...ommodities.html

Fletch smile.png

their impact on the gold price will be compensated by the zillions of tons commercial banks will have to buy as mandated by Basel III (don't talk back Fletch!).

then there is China buying gold left and right to establish the 111% gold-backed CNY to be used as the new global currency and last not least the central banks of Montenegro, Fiji and Moldavia which (according to rumours spread by the Galactic Gold Council) are planning to increase their gold holdings by 1.79% not later than Christmas.

av-30538.gif

it is worth a read ...

i don't read too much about gold Churchill, i am buying. my buying is not based on the garbage usually spread by people and institutions with an agenda -which you (and others) take at face value- but based on my very own assessments, assumptions and guidelines.

So that we can learn to stop our foolhardiness of reading garbage usually spread by people and institutions with an agenda, are you prepared to share with us your assessments, assumptions and guidelines that prompted you to buy?

Edited by midas

I'm buying tomorrow in bht some of what I sold in GBP a few weeks ago. Nice this dip has come along, but it makes no difference to the reasons for buying. 23000bht a bht after fee basically. Happy to have some reserves on hand again.

it is worth a read ...

So that we can learn to stop our foolhardiness of reading garbage usually spread by people and institutions with an agenda, are you prepared to share with us your assessments, assumptions and guidelines that prompted you to buy?
i mentioned already several times that i am buying gold to maintain a certain value percentage of my liquid assets. this certain percentage is considered an insurance like my health insurance or other insurance policies i hold. unlike my view on other assets i like it when the value of gold is going down as much as i like not filing an insurance claim.

listing any other of my assessments would be futile because most participants lack the necessary basis to understand them. as simple as that.

p.s. sometimes, especially when looking back, i have problems to understand my own assessments laugh.png

it is worth a read ...

i mentioned already several times that i am buying gold to maintain a certain value percentage of my liquid assets. this certain percentage is considered an insurance like my health insurance or other insurance policies i hold. unlike my view on other assets i like it when the value of gold is going down as much as i like not filing an insurance claim.

listing any other of my assessments would be futile because most participants lack the necessary basis to understand them. as simple as that.

p.s. sometimes, especially when looking back, i have problems to understand my own assessments laugh.png

to maintain a certain value percentage of my liquid assets. this certain percentage is considered an insurance like my health insurance or other insurance policies i hold.

I don't understand why Yoshiwara doesn't seem to get this?

Edited by midas

to maintain a certain value percentage of my liquid assets. this certain percentage is considered an insurance like my health insurance or other insurance policies i hold.

perhaps, or most probably, Yoshiwara's perspectives are different from yours and from mine.

Where is gold going?

At this very moment, the market psychology (the charts too?) tells me that there's a higher percentage of going down to 1,550 than going up to the mid to high twenties. Based on this, playing longs on future is not worthwhile on a risk-and-reward basis. Then, someone will say: go short then! Easy to say, ain't it? But, how many ordinary investors dare to do that? I don't! Some hardcore chartists might do that though.

I went long at around 1628 and doubled up at around 1603 after I covered my shorts at around 1642. It got me sweating when it went down to 1598 briefly. I sold some at around 1608 and will surely get out of the rest at the first instance. It just ain't worth holding on and sweat. On the other hand, buying physical gradually at the moment may not be as bad should it be going down to 1,550 but not much lower.

News about Soros and others having sold out partially and completely were out at "appropriate" moment to influence but they did give you hope and pray that the Chinese could be buying. Some people probaby think the Chinese are idiots and only know how to say Kung He Fai Choi but not knowing actually how to Fai Choi!

Fartman ..

blink.png

Gold Might Get Uglier Before It Gets Better: Gartman

http://www.kitco.com...ts20130218.html

Shock Monetary Therapy: Should You Cut Back Your Exposure to Gold? w00t.gif

unless you believe the bull market is over ... when will gold reach $2000 smile.png

http://screwtapefile...it-2000_19.html

Edited by churchill

I'd have to agree. Seems like all the hype is in stocks and gold could go sideways/ down a bit next few months but at some point the markets will notice that western real economies do not match the stock prices at all. Stocks down and gold up. I''ll be buying more over these next months. Nice to have a dip for rebalancing the % s now on Thai side.

What % total do you guys allocate roughly to gold or silver. Any platinum or other metals?

When gold is coming down it becomes awfully quiet here. Now it's 1601+. If this hangs around 1600+1.5 and 1600-1 for sometime, are we going to see something like a waterfall in Nakorn Nowhere?

Limiting oneself to one-way (up) is no way to win in either metals or equity! It's a long cycle too for the next one!

perhaps, or most probably, Yoshiwara's perspectives are different from yours and from mine.

I prefer income and dividends for investment.

I do have a weakness for Japanese art though.

I'd have to agree. Seems like all the hype is in stocks and gold could go sideways/ down a bit next few months but at some point the markets will notice that western real economies do not match the stock prices at all. Stocks down and gold up. I''ll be buying more over these next months. Nice to have a dip for rebalancing the % s now on Thai side.

What % total do you guys allocate roughly to gold or silver. Any platinum or other metals?

That's the story with the gold bugs.

1 * seems like + 1 * could go + 1 * at some point = 1 definitely.

When gold is coming down it becomes awfully quiet here. Now it's 1601+. If this hangs around 1600+1.5 and 1600-1 for sometime, are we going to see something like a waterfall in Nakorn Nowhere?

Limiting oneself to one-way (up) is no way to win in either metals or equity! It's a long cycle too for the next one!

You think metals are cycle down now?

What's your top picks for dividend yielding stocks and in which currency are they?

"i am buying more if... dip... down" i heard dozens of times in this thread during the last three years. especially in 2011 when gold was between 1,800 and 1,900.

my allocation target is 8-10% (much less than the 20-25% Mrs Naam is suggesting) which is not difficult to achieve but difficult to hold steady as virtually all the other assets are climbing. added "difficulty" in this respect is that we spend only a part of our income, i.e. the reinvested surplus mandates continous balancing even if the assets are stagnant.

"i am buying more if... dip... down" i heard dozens of times in this thread during the last three years. especially in 2011 when gold was between 1,800 and 1,900.

my allocation target is 8-10% (much less than the 20-25% Mrs Naam is suggesting) which is not difficult to achieve but difficult to hold steady as virtually all the other assets are climbing. added "difficulty" in this respect is that we spend only a part of our income, i.e. the reinvested surplus mandates continous balancing even if the assets are stagnant.

No "if it dips" for me. After selling in UK I'm down to about 2-3% of capital cash value, if including mortgages then about half that. So some serious buying I need to do regardless. But I'm thinking to spread it over next couple of months to hopefully take advantage of dip rather than go out and take all total one time.

I'm also looking for ways of diversified bht income. Any suggestions?

What's your top picks for dividend yielding stocks and in which currency are they?

Currently I do like SOHO China 0410 listed on the Hang Seng in HKD, but the price can be volatile.

And are you saying there is not even a tiny part of you that considers the risks of a societal breakdown with no law and order as we saw during the natural disasters ? And you are not in the slightest bit concerned that your Japanese artwork under those circumstances couldn't even be exchanged for a bottle of water?

In this video clip they certainly don't mention anything about trading loaves of bread for art work….only GOLD

giggle.gif

Edited by midas