Where Is Gold Going In This Market

Wow sad for a generally nice guy Ron Paul really made a fool of himself juggling nonsense there even the interviewer was on him like a rash, had it been a conversation with me I would have torn him apart.

Disclosure: I couldn't bear to watch more than one minute twenty he may have said very intelligent things later.

Edited by cheeryble

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow sad for a generally nice guy Ron Paul really made a fool of himself juggling nonsense there even the interviewer was on him like a rash, had it been a conversation with me I would have torn him apart.

Disclosure: I couldn't bear to watch more than one minute twenty he may have said very intelligent things later.

I thought he made quite a few good points, in the first minutes and after.

:lol:

Ah yes & what books have you written that we can check your wisdom?

Have you had discussions with the likes of Greenspan & Bernanke or Presidents as RP has?

Written book with as much wisdom as he has?

Yet after in your words a minute twenty you would have torn him apart in a conversation?

Your a legend in your own mind.

Maybe you & the Japanese soapy massage owner that posts here can swap one liners? ;)

Says an awful lot about you if you were impressed by that blonde?giggle.gif

If she is suggesting there is deflation I wonder if she even qualified work at Bloomberg?ermm.gif

OK in opening she asked if RP was concerned about the big drop in gold.

He, after being a bull on every goldbug website, instead of merely giving a perfectly adequate and satisfactory answer like "What goes up must come down" or "Markets fluctuate" immediately goes int o cognitive dissonance mode and deflects the question to one of the $ and for some reason.....despite the fact the $ is only about one third variant from the maximum I can remember in my lifetime......suggests that the $ is far worse and is the cause of the problem. He goes on to bang another war drum and relates $ printing to the $ being devalued. It's a very bad example of devaluation and certainly is in a different order to the drops the questioner asked about.......and although it's a poor example how does he think money printing works if not that? Does he know printing is an economic tool which several notable countries around the world have sorely missed as they couldn't do it after joining the euro?

Does he know about Reinhardt and Rogoff's grave mistake about economic stimulus?

Nevertheless he is not answering the question....about gold actually having dropped precipitously.....he is swerving.

When she rightly persists politely that surely he cannot be comparing $ volatility with gold's you got him simply making the same old point about the $'s volatility which if you laid on top of the chart I posted for gold and silver above would look like a feather nest of safety and conservatism.

It is obvious he is being intellectually dishonest here.

No doubt he will be OK as he gets enormous readership for his ideas if he got near a million a year for his old newsletters imagine what it is now his name is mentioned on all the "same old" websites aimed at getting rich quick or saving the world as we know it........with gold.

The point is he does a grave disservice to those who don't have a clue about how things work. The sort of average joes who are the equivalent of the shoe shine guy giving stockmarket tips back in the 20s. He recommends gold as safety when it is blatantly obvious it is extremely volatile.....something he denies against all the figures. Unless he puts serious caveats on his recommendations this disservice will be so even if gold ends up rising long term (which is possible).

Ah yes & what books have you written that we can check your wisdom?

I actually beat Ron Paul to it when I was in the anti war movement and issued a chain newsletter condemning the upcoming Iraq invasion.

For the price of a very nice meal for two, Mania, I would be willing to dig it out for public posting here (I am merely taking a leaf from RP that subscriptions can pay).

You know Ron Paul has some sensible things to say sometimes......but he thinks he can make proclamation on every subject under the sun.

He should know the privilege of that degree of hubris only belongs to Messrs. Cheeryble and Naam.

Edited by cheeryble

He, after being a bull on every goldbug website, instead of merely giving a perfectly adequate and satisfactory answer like "What goes up must come down" or "Markets fluctuate" immediately goes int o cognitive dissonance mode and deflects the question to one of the $ and for some reason.....despite the fact the $ is only about one third variant from the maximum I can remember in my lifetime......suggests that the $ is far worse and is the cause of the problem. He goes on to bang another war drum and relates $ printing to the $ being devalued. It's a very bad example of devaluation and certainly is in a different order to the drops the questioner asked about.......and although it's a poor example how does he think money printing works if not that? Does he know printing is an economic tool which several notable countries around the world have sorely missed as they couldn't do it after joining the euro?

Does he know about Reinhardt and Rogoff's grave mistake about economic stimulus?

Nevertheless he is not answering the question....about gold actually having dropped precipitously.....he is swerving.

When she rightly persists politely that surely he cannot be comparing $ volatility with gold's you got him simply making the same old point about the $'s volatility which if you laid on top of the chart I posted for gold and silver above would look like a feather nest of safety and conservatism.

No doubt he will be OK as he gets enormous readership for his ideas if he got near a million a year for his old newsletters imagine what it is now his name is mentioned on all the "same old" websites aimed at getting rich quick or saving the world as we know it........with gold.

The point is he does a grave disservice to those who don't have a clue about how things work. The sort of average joes who are the equivalent of the shoe shine guy giving stockmarket tips back in the 20s. He recommends gold as safety when it is blatantly obvious it is extremely volatile.....something he denies against all the figures. Unless he puts serious caveats on his recommendations this disservice will be so even if gold ends up rising long term (which is possible).

>Ah yes & what books have you written that we can check your wisdom?

I actually beat Ron Paul to it when I was in the anti war movement and issued a chain newsletter condemning the upcoming Iraq invasion.

For the price of a very nice meal for two, Mania, I would be willing to dig it out for public posting here (I am merely taking a leaf from RP that subscriptions can pay).

You know Ron Paul has some sensible things to say sometimes......but he thinks he can make proclamation on every subject under the sun.

He should know the privilege of that degree of hubris only belongs to Messrs. Cheeryble and Naam.

Does he know printing is an economic tool which several notable countries around the world have sorely missed

Do you mean like Zimbabwe?blink.png

>>Ah yes & what books have you written that we can check your wisdom?

" ......but he thinks he can make proclamation on every subject under the sun "

ermm.gif Erm....................Ron Paul was previously the ranking member of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology on the Financial Services , which oversees the Federal Reserve, the U.S. Mint and American involvement with international development groups like the World Bank

Edited by midas

Nah actually he smoked you there too.

If you read any of his books you would know he long supported a non interventionist

foreign policy as many who support the Constitution do.

In fact he many times has quoted John Quincy Adams

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy.

She is the well-wisher to freedom and independence of all.

She is the champion and vindicator only of her own"

Edited by mania

ermm.gif Erm....................Ron Paul was previously the ranking member of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology on the Financial Services , which oversees the Federal Reserve, the U.S. Mint and American involvement with international development groups like the World Bank

Ron Paul was also a physician, yet he wants to see all government involvement in medicine rescinded and Medicare and Medicaid disbanded.

He thinks that the free market in medicine will bring prices down (whilst in Europe prices are much lower and govt involvement is much higher).

The point being it shows little mental endowment that he thinks the market in medicine is anything vaguely approaching free.

Starting at the physician end does he think there is free-market availability of medical school places?

Does he think people can make free-market decisions when they are in urgent need of care and scared?

He should be ashamed, and would have been better off serving his fellow man with the medical training he was fortunate enough to get.

This isn't where the real egregious problems are however. I've been banging this drum for ages now it's made one of Time's most-read headlines thank God people are getting to see this mess for what it is. Take a look.

http://livingwithmcl.com/BitterPill.pdf

Edited by cheeryble

Dr. Paul was a practicing physician for many years including the time he served in the USAF as a flight surgeon from '63-'65.

He was a long time practicing OBGYN as well and has delivered over 4000 babies. He is also quite outspoken about anti-abortion laws and is very much pro-life.

Edited by Jayman

Not only that, but he was also the first person to speak out about how the Government created AIDS, Black Rage and how Jews were secretly behind the 1993 WTC Bombing.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/01/ron-paul-newsletter-iowa-caucus-republican

There is a lot more to that newsletter story & yes they did use his name & yes he should have policed that better

But ultimately they were all various reports newsletters that carried his name not his opinions.

Is this going to be the Ron Paul thread now?

With cheap oil all but gone and related costs set to rise steadily in the next decades, I think its highly likely that golf along with most other commodities and food stuffs reliant on transport and mechanised labour will see price increasing steadily or dramaticly over the coming decades.

mccw, on 25 Apr 2013 - 15:56, said:

With cheap oil all but gone and related costs set to rise steadily in the next decades, I think its highly likely that golf along with most other commodities and food stuffs reliant on transport and mechanised labour will see price increasing steadily or dramaticly over the coming decades.

This is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Examination of SCO (ultrashort WTI) shows expected shorter term weakness.

Long term the US will become energy independent which unless the rest of the world demand rises greatly will leave the oil producers floundering.....remember a small reduction in demand equals a large drop in price). Remember that like the UK the US uses gas for heating now oil will be for transport only.

Probably oil demand ex-US will rise......but (I believe) the Chinese have vast amounts (double the US) of potential shale deposit.......it would extraordinary if they didn't start working this, and given their keenness on electric vehicles who knows what could happen, maybe they could go energy independent.

So far it looks like there will be a floor of $60 which is the cost of shale production......unless greater efficiency reduces that.

Ample gas resources could be brought into the equation as vehicles run very easily on it, and it's cheap.

Edited by cheeryble

AP Twitter–The Federal Reserve announced Wednesday that it will begin circulating a redesigned $100 bill this fall, more than two years after its initial target.

post-6925-0-24833000-1366886011_thumb.jp

Edited by midas

Most of Thailand have crops growing outside their homes.

All around me, rice fields, and that's in CM.

Most of it is planted and harvested by hand.

Most of Thailand have crops growing outside their homes.

All around me, rice fields, and that's in CM.

Most of it is planted and harvested by hand.

That is one reason why I choose Chiang Mai for long term over UK or US where every thing is reliant on "just in time" supply chains over huge distances. I don't think it is a sustainable or stable model going forward.

Jamie Dimon Has Issues (or Meet The Idiot Selling Gold )giggle.gif

Somebody should explain to the blathering numbskulls at CNBS that when just one firm accounts for 99.3% of the physical gold sales at the COMEX in the last three months it’s not what most of us on this side of the rainbow would consider “broad-based” selling.

https://acrossthestreetnet.wordpress.com/2013/04/26/jamie-dimon-has-issues-or-meet-the-idiot-selling-gold/

Edited by midas