Bangkok To London For Xmas Time

pop_corn

When I looked last week it seemed to be Eva at 36,000 baht although personally I'd spend another 5K and fly the much better Etihad.

Hi Carl,

Why do you think Etihad are superior? I fly EVA but could easily be persuaded differently, although the stopover would have an effect.

Moss

got a ticket with Eva flying out on 31st Dec (yeah why not, what a great way to celebrate a new year flying high in the sky at midnight :o ) at 613 quid, best deal I found for a direct flight. As far as I know Etihad does a stop over to Abu Dhabi and charges you £626. No comparison really

When I looked last week it seemed to be Eva at 36,000 baht although personally I'd spend another 5K and fly the much better Etihad.

Hi Carl,

Why do you think Etihad are superior? I fly EVA but could easily be persuaded differently, although the stopover would have an effect.

Moss

I would prefer direct but the stopover in Abu Dhabi is easy, just 2 hours, loads of chairs and free internet.

Eva fall down on service (ultra strict stewardesses, seatbelt sign comes on needlessly about 5 times per hour and is enforced), they get a bit grumpy if you ask for things too.

Food is no good and entertainment is terrible (choice of films and TV stations far inferior to other airlines I've tried unless you're Chinese...then it'll be fine). Often headsets and screens play up.

Etihad is far superior on all of the above. Within the last 2 years I've flown Eva 3 times and Etihad 4. I've now chosen to stick with Etihad even if the cost is slightly higher and flight time 4 hours longer.

etihad all the way the service is miles better than most i have travelled with ,etihad quoted me 540 but i decided against xmas in blighty

Have flown twice with each in the last 18 months and I'd say they are both very acceptable. I tend to go with price and have booked EVA next time. Etihad has very nice aircraft but for me the direct flight is preferable.

I totally agree, Etihad rock!

Also though, if I were on a bus for 12 hours, I'd wanna stop for a break. The same thing with flying for me, if the stop-overs convenient why not.

Another option is to fly on Egypt air - very cheap, absolutely terrible service but you can visit the Pyramids on your way through. You can extend your stopover there by as many days as you like at next to no cost!!!

Hi Carl,

Moss

I would prefer direct but the stopover in Abu Dhabi is easy, just 2 hours, loads of chairs and free internet.

Eva fall down on service (ultra strict stewardesses, seatbelt sign comes on needlessly about 5 times per hour and is enforced), they get a bit grumpy if you ask for things too.

Food is no good and entertainment is terrible (choice of films and TV stations far inferior to other airlines I've tried unless you're Chinese...then it'll be fine). Often headsets and screens play up.

Etihad is far superior on all of the above. Within the last 2 years I've flown Eva 3 times and Etihad 4. I've now chosen to stick with Etihad even if the cost is slightly higher and flight time 4 hours longer.

I would love to have some advices or good deals to travel from Bkk to London for Xmas.. any advices? :o

CATHAY PACIFIC - WORLD PASS

Sales & Ticketing: 13 Oct 2008 - 03 Nov 2008

Period of Travel: 13 Oct 2008 - 15 July 2009

TICKET COMBINATION -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 Long Haul

2 tickets - Pass A -

1 Short Haul

*business class: HKD36,880

*economy class: HKD 7,880

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Long Haul

3 tickets - Pass B -

2 Short Haul

*busines class: HKD42,380

*economy class: HKD 9,880

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Long Haul

3 tickets - Pass C -

1 Short Haul

*business class: HKD63,880

*economy class: HKD13,380

2 Long Haul

4 tickets - Pass D -

2 Short Haul

*business class: HKD70,380

*economy class: HKD14,880

**additional surcharge per ticket for New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco :

business class: HKD12,000

economy class: HKD 1,000

Destinations: LONG HAUL:

Australia / New Zealand : Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Auckland

Canada / * U.S.A. Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco

Europe / U.K. / South Africa: Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris, Rome, London, Johannesberg

Middle East / Pakistan: Bahrain, Dubai, Riyadh, Karachi

Bangladesh / Napel / Sri Lanka: Dacca, Kathmandu, Colombo

Destinations: SHORT HAUL;

China: Chungking, Changsha, Chengdu, Dalian, Fozhou, Hangzhou, Kunming, Kweilin

Ningbo, Nanking, Peking, Shanghai, Sheyang, Sanya, Tsingtao, Wuhan, Xiaman,

Xian

Japan / Korea / Taiwan: Fukuoka, Nagoya, Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo, Incheon, Pushan, Taipei, Kaoshung,

Signapore / Malaysia / Thailand: Singapore, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Bangkok, Phuket

Vietnam: Hanoi ( for travel eff. 26 Oct. 08 ), Ho Chi Minh

Conditions:

Applications: - A World Pass consists of either 2, 3 or 4 round-trip tickets for the SAME PERSON, all

originated and terminated in Hong Kong,

- All bookings of a World Pass must be reserved under the SAME PERSON'S RECORD

LOCATOR ( PNR ),

- Visiting the same destination mroe than once is allowed

Validity: ( min / max stay ): Short Haul - 2 / 7 days

Long Haul - 2 / 30 days

Child / Infant fare: Not applicable

Restricted flights: Valid on Cathay Pacific / Dragon Air flights only; excluding code-share flights operating by partner

carriers / joint ventures;

Rebooking / Rerouting: All changes must be made under the original record locator (PNR ) and before the ticketed flight / date

1. Subject to rebooking / rerouting fee HKD1,000 per transaction per "World Pass"

- rebooking & rerouting ticket(s) made at the same transactions, only Rerouting fee will be

applied.

- only Long Haul can be re-issued to Short Haul. Any residual value as a result of rerouting

is non-refundable,

2. Ticket must be revalidated / reissued no later than 1 working day after the original departing

date

No Show: subject to No Show Fee - HKD1,000

Refund: For totally unused "World Pass" - subject to cancellation fee 50% cancellation fee, and refund must be made

on or before 03 Nov., 2009,

*supporting documents, e.g. PNR, or ET history of the flight cancellation ) is required, otherwise "No-show" fee will be applied,

Open Jaw: not permitted,

Upselling: not permitted,

UM Service: Permitted with UM service fee,

Remarks: 1. Fares inclusive of HKG secruity service charge,

subject to Canada Navigation Surcharge (HKD214 RT), applicable taxes and other surcharges,

2. Flight schedules are subject to change. Please refer to your CRS for the latest update

3. Eligible subclasses for mileage accrual on C, D, I, B, H, K, M, L, V,

4. Confirmed reservation is requied for entire journey. No open dated ticket is allowed,

5. Rates are subject to change,

Miscellaneous: 1. World Pass tickets cannot be used for "EXTRA SEAT",

2. CX Limousine Service will not be offered for passengers who travel for LONDON with business

class World Pass Ticket

**Above is a copy of Cathay Pacific's general notice, and should there arise any query, it is subject to

Cathay Pacific's clarifications **