Internet Choices In Nong Khai

OxfordWill

I found out that TT&T and TOT are the two companies. TOT is government, TT&T is private, but actually TT&T only lease from TOT anyway. I have heard mixed reviews but the conclusion from my small sample of people is that TOT is in fact slightly more reliable.

I don't know where Nong Khai is but in Buriram there is a Cat Cdma office/store. If there is a Cdma tower within 30km of you it would be worth checking out.

CDMA is big in America and Canada and should be here. Mine works beautifully 10km from the tower and a friend does very well about 30km away.

I know you are looking for a landline ISP but as I said CDMA still might be worth checking out.

Edited by PBarnfeather

I found out that TT&T and TOT are the two companies. TOT is government, TT&T is private, but actually TT&T only lease from TOT anyway. I have heard mixed reviews but the conclusion from my small sample of people is that TOT is in fact slightly more reliable.

I would say the reverse is true.

I don't know where Nong Khai is but in Buriram there is a Cat Cdma office/store. If there is a Cdma tower within 30km of you it would be worth checking out.

CDMA is big in America and Canada and should be here. Mine works beautifully 10km from the tower and a friend does very well about 30km away.

I know you are looking for a landline ISP but as I said CDMA still might be worth checking out.

Hi

I have just 'ditched' CAT CDMA for a 2meg broadband contract with TOT. Up till now a great improvement and just as reliable. PLUS CHEAPER!!!!!

Dave

To Dave

I used to know a IBM Tech who, at the end of each job, would say 'If it works it'll be OK."

I seriously considered TOT but I took a walk around the village and even the hiway to see the condition of thier lines--I decided not to try them after seeing lines sagging through trees and almost on the ground.

Now I say--if it works for you, I'm on your side.

To Dave

I used to know a IBM Tech who, at the end of each job, would say 'If it works it'll be OK."

I seriously considered TOT but I took a walk around the village and even the hiway to see the condition of thier lines--I decided not to try them after seeing lines sagging through trees and almost on the ground.

Now I say--if it works for you, I'm on your side.

That is a very fair comment, PBarnfeather.

I must admit that all lines are new into my village and (I am told!) of a good quality.

Possibly to do with the fact that our neighbour is a TOT engineer who would never hear the end of it, if reliablity was cr@p.

Dave

Does anyone know what choices (if any) one has for internet providers for normal house telephone line in Nong Khai town?

Many thanks

Friend of mine lives outside,10 klicks,NongKhai,has TT&T since 5 years,acceptable speed.(for rural Thailand).

When he started I couldn't have a connection in Udon,now I'm a little faster as him(but pay more!) :o