Eva Air Silver Card Louge Access

Guderian

I've had an EVA Air gold card for the last few years, but as I don't fly so often now, I am being downgraded to silver. On another forum, someone posted that EVA have recently changed their policy (in the last 2 months perhaps?) and still allow lounge access in Bangkok with a silver card, but they no longer allow it in Heathrow. I haven't been able to verify this on the original forum, so I am asking if anyone here knows if this is true or not?

Thanks in advance for any info. :o

From the website:

(a) Silver Card members traveling with any EVA Air's international flights can access EVA Air

VIP lounge at TPE/BKK/SFO.

(:o Silver Card members holding Evergreen Deluxe Class / Elite Class ticket or with confirmed

upgrading reservation can access EVA Air VIP lounge worldwide.

Just used my silver card at Heathrow (Oct 4th). Had a nice hot shower, some nice nibbles, watched the football and updated the software on my computer. :D

Have a nice trip.

From the website:

(a) Silver Card members traveling with any EVA Air's international flights can access EVA Air

( :o Silver Card members holding Evergreen Deluxe Class / Elite Class ticket or with confirmed

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the original story was BS, which is probably why nobody on the other board ever confirmed it. I always fly Elite, so there shouldn't be any problem.

Just used my silver card at Heathrow (Oct 4th). Had a nice hot shower, some nice nibbles, watched the football and updated the software on my computer. :D

Have a nice trip.

From the website:

( :o Silver Card members holding Evergreen Deluxe Class / Elite Class ticket or with confirmed

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the original story was BS, which is probably why nobody on the other board ever confirmed it. I always fly Elite, so there shouldn't be any problem.

Afraid the story certainly wasnt BS.

Eva stopped access to lounges for economy passengers with silver cards from approx 6 months ago.

Updates are sent to me monthly by eva as still a silver card holder myself, after previously being gold.I can dig it out but can 100% confirm its true, as 4 lads from London were moaning in Pattaya in August about it.

Can still access if you have elite class plus silver card though.

Chivas

Have a nice trip.

From the website:

Afraid the story certainly wasnt BS.

Eva stopped access to lounges for economy passengers with silver cards from approx 6 months ago.

Updates are sent to me monthly by eva as still a silver card holder myself, after previously being gold.I can dig it out but can 100% confirm its true, as 4 lads from London were moaning in Pattaya in August about it.

Can still access if you have elite class plus silver card though.

Chivas

Yes I always travel Elite or upgrade to Premier. That's poor for silver members - they have also reduced the luggage allowance for Premier class from 35 kg - 30 kg. I still got 10 kg for the silver card, but I expect they will reduce that soon.

Oh well, I reckon its time to start looking for another carrier. Eva Air have been really good for the last 7 years, but recently although the service is still good, their costs have increased a lot and benefits are reducing rapidly. In fact even getting an upgrade as a silver member is getting harder. Its all geared towards the gold member, which I will never become again as I don't fly frequently enough nowadays.

Yes I always travel Elite or upgrade to Premier. That's poor for silver members - they have also reduced the luggage allowance for Premier class from 35 kg - 30 kg. I still got 10 kg for the silver card, but I expect they will reduce that soon.

Oh well, I reckon its time to start looking for another carrier. Eva Air have been really good for the last 7 years, but recently although the service is still good, their costs have increased a lot and benefits are reducing rapidly. In fact even getting an upgrade as a silver member is getting harder. Its all geared towards the gold member, which I will never become again as I don't fly frequently enough nowadays.

That all sounds very familiar. When/if Thai get the new A380's with a "proper" in-flight entertainment system like EVA has, I'll think about changing carrier then. In the meantime, EVA still seems to offer the cheapest direct flights from LHR to BKK, I can't be bothered with changing flights in the Middle East just to save £50.

My own opinion is that Elite is nowhere near as good as the old Evergreen Deluxe was on the 747's. There's no galley in Elite, you're the last people allowed on the flight, only 2 toilets for the cabin (compared with 4 on the old Jumbos) and the people in economy class sitting just behind the curtain find it handy to nip into Elite and use the facilities. Initially I thought it was just because they had bought the new 777's, and that was perhaps the only way they could fit the three classes into the smaller aircraft. Then they started flying the remodelled 747's on the London-Bangkok route, and they also had the same limited facilities in Elite. They put the price up, and made the service worse. I thought they were Taiwanese, not Thai! :o Now the frequent flier club is going down the tubes... at least with Thai I could get extra points flying locally in SE Asia. The only EVA route that interests me is LHR-BKK.

My own opinion is that Elite is nowhere near as good as the old Evergreen Deluxe was on the 747's. There's no galley in Elite, you're the last people allowed on the flight, only 2 toilets for the cabin (compared with 4 on the old Jumbos) and the people in economy class sitting just behind the curtain find it handy to nip into Elite and use the facilities. Initially I thought it was just because they had bought the new 777's, and that was perhaps the only way they could fit the three classes into the smaller aircraft. Then they started flying the remodelled 747's on the London-Bangkok route, and they also had the same limited facilities in Elite. They put the price up, and made the service worse. I thought they were Taiwanese, not Thai! :o The only EVA route that interests me is LHR-BKK.

My sentiments exactly. The old 747 was much better for room and wandering around. Still its 'progress' I guess :D In my case I no longer need to travel to BKK/LHR and could now travel to any Airport in the South of England or Midlands, so it would be worth it for me to have a look around at other options anyway. When I lose my silver card in 2 years time I will feel a real 'pauper' on the Eva Air service front. No extra luggage, no lounge, no fast-track at LHR.

If you really want access to the lounges there is a 'membership card' you can buy for (starting from) about 70 quid (ish) a year that enables you to enter lounges at airports for a small top-up fee (15 pounds?). I have no idea if its any good, but I thought I would look into it sometime.

http://www.prioritypass.com/Join/What-It-Costs.cfm

Edited by dsfbrit

My own opinion is that Elite is nowhere near as good as the old Evergreen Deluxe was on the 747's. There's no galley in Elite, you're the last people allowed on the flight, only 2 toilets for the cabin (compared with 4 on the old Jumbos) and the people in economy class sitting just behind the curtain find it handy to nip into Elite and use the facilities. Initially I thought it was just because they had bought the new 777's, and that was perhaps the only way they could fit the three classes into the smaller aircraft. Then they started flying the remodelled 747's on the London-Bangkok route, and they also had the same limited facilities in Elite. They put the price up, and made the service worse. I thought they were Taiwanese, not Thai! :o The only EVA route that interests me is LHR-BKK.

My sentiments exactly. The old 747 was much better for room and wandering around. Still its 'progress' I guess :D In my case I no longer need to travel to BKK/LHR and could now travel to any Airport in the South of England or Midlands, so it would be worth it for me to have a look around at other options anyway. When I lose my silver card in 2 years time I will feel a real 'pauper' on the Eva Air service front. No extra luggage, no lounge, no fast-track at LHR.

If you really want access to the lounges there is a 'membership card' you can buy for (starting from) about 70 quid (ish) a year that enables you to enter lounges at airports for a small top-up fee (15 pounds?). I have no idea if its any good, but I thought I would look into it sometime.

I too will have to look at the options one of these days. Now I'm retired and my time is no longer at such a premium, I am beginning to think that flying Elite is a bit of an unnecessary indulgence, especially if I lose the main frequent flyer benefits. I may well go back to flying cattle class and use the money saved to further support my missionary work amongst the young ladies of Pattaya! :D

I too will have to look at the options one of these days. Now I'm retired and my time is no longer at such a premium, I am beginning to think that flying Elite is a bit of an unnecessary indulgence, especially if I lose the main frequent flyer benefits. I may well go back to flying cattle class and use the money saved to further support my missionary work amongst the young ladies of Pattaya! :D

I think all would agree that Evergreen de Luxe is much superior to Elite Class. Evergreen still on Ams-Bkk route. I always book an aisle seat so I can get up frequently and walk around. In Elite I walk down to the back of the plane a few times during the flight. That way you will have plenty of options for comfort breaks when required. :D

I've had an EVA Air gold card for the last few years, but as I don't fly so often now, I am being downgraded to silver. On another forum, someone posted that EVA have recently changed their policy (in the last 2 months perhaps?) and still allow lounge access in Bangkok with a silver card, but they no longer allow it in Heathrow. I haven't been able to verify this on the original forum, so I am asking if anyone here knows if this is true or not?

Thanks in advance for any info. :o

This is called progress!

Advertised as better service, better this and better that.

In the meantime, service goes down the drain.

But in the parlance of the marketeers, communicate to the customers that they get better service, repeat this lie many times, and people will start to believe.

Besides, on the 747 there are 4 engines, I prefer 4 engines.

If one breaks down there are still 3 left.

On the 737, there are only 2.

If one breaks down there is only 1 left.

Only 50% OF THE POWER!!!!!