Just Booked Flight To Los! 60 Days!

gk10002000

Off to Patters October 20. Trip number 9. Arrive BKK 1130. Got my flight today. $1167 USD on EVA. Seattle, Washington to BKK via Taiwan. I like getting to BKK during the day because can catch the bus down to Pattaya. Will need to make a Visa run around Nov 20. Been meaning to step over in Laos. Wanted to see Angkor Wat in Cambodia, but I think I will steer clear of that for now.

If anybody has weekly or monthly hotel rate they are looking to promote, please do respond. 500 baht a night weekly or cheaper if monthly is my goal.

Sawasdee!

You Brits are OK in my book. Have met up with many. I knew one of the owners of the Pig and Whistle on Soi 7-8, Graham pretty well. Spent a fair amount of time there. Sorry that he has passed.

Would you believe that the car storage place here is managed by a Brit! I mentioned I was off to the LOS and we had a good chat.

I just finished working with a small aerospace electronics firm here outside of Seattle. Lots of Scots in this area. Kind of funny on Fridays. I think more "skirts", are worn by men here than by women! (aka kilts)

I stayed at Intown Holiday in March. It was adequate. I stayed there the year before but they insisted on raising their rates on November 1 so I went down Soi Bukaho and stayed at "Blue Mansion" I think was the name. Not far from Central Road. Lodging will shake itself out. I travel with a very small carry on bag. Rick Steves would be proud of me. I even bought my travel bag off his website.

Its more expensive to fly with EVA from London to BKK, its coming in at 680GBP if i were to fly next week.

Try the British pub on Soi Buckow there rooms are very good and cheap, and you get the added bonus of getting to mix with us Brits.

Is that the actual name? Where on Soi Buckao is it? I am not having good luck finding it on the internet

Hey gk10002000,try the Apex Hotel,rooms going for 500-600 Baht per night.Apex on Second Road,next too Diana Inn. Dam good brekkie as well.

www.apexhotelpattaya

Had the brekkie many many times. Still one of the better buys on the planet. I like the open space. Nothing fancy. But in a foreign land, I think it is an easy and comfortable place to sit and eat and start the day off.

Thanks