Digital Photography Expert Out There?

wedders

Posted with little hope of success, but you never know!

Looking for someone with some expertise in digital photography, preferably with a pro Nikon SLR, who is bored enough to consider passing on his skills to someone who has acquired a D2X and hasn't got much of a clue how to use it.

(Times have changed since my OM1)

It's great if someone responds to help you but I have 2 other proactive idears for you. One is to look online for downloadable tutorials. I know there's a 2dvd torrent out there that's great. And then how about hitting a tourist attraction and going up to n making friends w/ someone else who has a Nikon D Anything? The D2X outclasses my D70, but they're all kind of similar. You can get a few tips off anyone you meet, and likely make a friend as you're a local and can recommend where to go inthe evening or the next day to make their visit more worthwhile. Just my way.... go out and make an adventure out of the whole thing.

PS - Practice your nighttime shooting in advance for next month's Loy Krathong. You'll wanna know how to take good photos for that.

realthaideal, good idea, I'll see if there are any online tutorials. Trouble is I suffer from instruction manual blindness, and it doesn't improve with age... it's taken me for ever to work out why the automatic focus wasn't working - there's about six buttons which all seem to have to be positioned correctly, or you end up using the lens focusing ring as I've been doing for a while now (I was that close to sending it back to Nikon, thinking it was kaputt).

But yes, I'll definitely practice night photography, it would be a shame to miss out next month.

tigerbeer, I bought the camera new a couple of years back, spent a month or two taking some very average photos on top of various French Alps, then started travelling - without the camera - thought it too bulky, and a bit risky to carry around the world with me at the time.

Edited by wedders

The Chiang Mai Photographic Group has several accomplished users of high end DSLRs both Nikon and Canon and someone in the group will be happy to help get you up to speed with your camera. We meet on Wednesdays at 7.00pm every fortnight in Tuskers Bar and all those with an interest in photography, be it film or digital are warmly invited. Please visit the CMPG website for more information - if you join the site you'll get reminders about meetings and other events including opportunities to learn Photoshop and other useful software. Anyone using film is welcome too but they'll find themselves a bit outnumbered!

Right now our meetings are directed towards getting our first exhibition ready on time for its opening on November 1st. It's all coming together well so far and looks to be an interesting show to which you're all invited. I'll post details of the opening here in a few days.

398300781_LbizZ-L.jpg

...and here's a pic of last year's LK at Mae Jo. I'm not sure of the date this year but it's not to be missed.

394108969_EGpoD-M.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to give my recommendation on someone who is a member here on TV. Its none other than Greenside. Got his professional help to restore a very old picture for me of my mum and he did it brilliantly at a very good price.

TB..

Just wanted to give my recommendation on someone who is a member here on TV. Its none other than Greenside. Got his professional help to restore a very old picture for me of my mum and he did it brilliantly at a very good price.

TB..

I'll second the recommendation! He knows his stuff. Follow his advice and check out the photography group. Lots of good information there!