Thaksin's Monster Rolls - Royce Damaged In London

george

Thaksin's monster Rolls - Royce damaged in London

LONDON: -- A London newspaper said on Friday that the "monster" Rolls Royce owned by exiled ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra was damaged.

The gossipy City Spy column in the Business section of the Evening Standard newspaper, said :

"It's a nasty old world. Spotted in Old Park Lane: some time Manchester City and Thailand boss Thaksin Shinawatra's monster Rolls-Royce...with its passenger window smashed in."

-- The nation 2008-10-19

Thaksin's monster Rolls - Royce damaged in London

LONDON: -- A London newspaper said on Friday that the "monster" Rolls Royce owned by exiled ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra was damaged.

The gossipy City Spy column in the Business section of the Evening Standard newspaper, said :

"It's a nasty old world. Spotted in Old Park Lane: some time Manchester City and Thailand boss Thaksin Shinawatra's monster Rolls-Royce...with its passenger window smashed in."

-- The nation 2008-10-19

What a crying shame.............. :o

It seems my earlier comment was deleted.

I wasn't advocating or inspiring the action in question...

I though THAT was clear.

But that Thaksin's particular inaction didn't match up too well

with his bid for asylum...

I can't really see why it was deleted.

But... I guess that one word was too dangerous for someone.

Rolls Rice as driven by poor Thai farmers who trust rich Thai criminals on the run from the law. :o

Are we to contrast the poor farmers with struggling lower middle class urban Thais who trust wealthy and equally scoundrelous Thai criminals who are not currently on the run from the law?

How sad lets IMHO hope they get what they are due. send back to face justice.little bit off topic. sorry. :o

The white roller looks very similar to the one John Lennon had - in 1967 - before he decided to have it re-painted in a multi-coloured rainbow style - I'm sure you've all seen the photos of Lennon posing next to the beast -

As for you post aazA - unfortunately - and as I've mentioned before - and I've been following political events here very closely for about eight years now - Thaksin - is the problem - and even though he is no longer domiciled in Thailand - his influence and political sway is having an extremely detrimental affect on the country -

Edited by bulmercke

why does the nation think this is newsworthy?

Just a guess. Knowing Thaksin's past record of turning molehills into mountains, he'll turn this event into another assassination attempt. In another Thaksin episode about so many "attempts" on his life, he'll show that it would be very unsafe for him and his family to return to Thailand, and he'll secure his asylum bid. :o

How sad lets IMHO hope they get what they are due. send back to face justice.little bit off topic. sorry. :o

The white roller looks very similar to the one John Lennon had - in 1967 - before he decided to have it re-painted in a multi-coloured rainbow style - I'm sure you've all seen the photos of Lennon posing next to the beast -

As for you post aazA - unfortunately - and as I've mentioned before - and I've been following political events here very closely for about eight years now - Thaksin - is the problem - and even though he is no longer domiciled in Thailand - his influence and political sway is having an extremely detrimental affect on the country -

Yep spot on :D

How sad lets IMHO hope they get what they are due. send back to face justice.little bit off topic. sorry. :D

This was Lennon's 1965 R.R. Phantom V, the Roller picture I posted earlier is, I believe, a Silver Cloud. Anyway I'm not nitpicking, Bulmercke, but had to reply since your Avatar bears a striking resemblance to madam Yoko Ono. Maybe coincidence. :o

Edited by ratcatcher

Thaksin and Potjamon have their own private security in London - Thai nationals who are both male and female - and you can be sure that special branch has an attachment assigned to them - money and influence talk -

What? Both male and female? These ladyboys are everywhere .... :o

I have no compassion for Thaksin or his wife, but I find it interesting that so many people could see him as the problem. He isn't the problem, the problem(s) are deep within the social structure and the current political situation is the flashpoint. This kind of thinking is the same as what got the US into trouble in Iraq, where they found that Saddam Hussein wasn't the problem. Both men are nuisances and boils on the butt of humanity, but that's about it.

I hope he gets his window fixed.

Rolls Rice as driven by poor Thai farmers who trust rich Thai criminals on the run from the law. :o

Are we to contrast the poor farmers with struggling lower middle class urban Thais who trust wealthy and equally scoundrelous Thai criminals who are not currently on the run from the law?

You are making an assumption that they 'trust' anyone outside their nuclear families...

Edited by animatic