Car Road Tax Renewal Question

wineman

If Your car is 7 years or older you have to get your car tested at the test station beside the tax office before you go into the gate up on your left hand side. Then you need the blue car owner's book & insurance paper's.

Regards

Scotsman

If Your car is 7 years or older you have to get your car tested at the test station beside the tax office before you go into the gate up on your left hand side. Then you need the blue car owner's book & insurance paper's.

Regards

Scotsman

quite correct - blue book and insurance papers and money

Do note that it is not needed to go to the road department building (behind international school of the regents).

There are several licensed private testing stations/garages on Sukhumvit road.

They are online hooked up to the road department and will do the very few tests needed and issue you with a new road tax sticker on the spot.

I always use the one almost opposite of the Cholchan resort, hardly never anybody there so usually in and out with new sticker in less then 15 minutes!

If you car is younger then 7 years (no technical check up needed) you can also renew you tax at any post office!

Forgot about that one at the post office last time.

Monty, they don't issue it there and then at the post office do they ?

So I can renew my car road tax at the large post office in Naklua?? Do they issue it there and then please?

On a slightly different point.

You can renew your Road Fund Tax up to two months before the due date*, but after that date, they charge you a daily penalty, which I recall is 20 Baht a day.

*Useful is you are on holiday when it is due.

Couple of years ago I was 10 days late and paid 900 Baht tax and 200 Baht penalty....

Yes, I have seen a sign in Naklua Post Office (upstairs) but it said Motor Cycle Tax, so did not realise it included car tax as well. Never asked ....