Thai Girlfriend To Visit Uk For Xmas (5 Days)

With xmas approaching, I've decided to take my girlfriend back to the UK for a short break over the xmas holidays.

When do you recommend applying for a tourist visa? How many days in advance does the UK embassy issue visa's to Thai nationals?

Any help is much appreciated.

With xmas approaching, I've decided to take my girlfriend back to the UK for a short break over the xmas holidays.

When do you recommend applying for a tourist visa? How many days in advance does the UK embassy issue visa's to Thai nationals?

I tried this a few years ago and planned to go to the UK for 10 days, in the end I gave up as it was more f*kcing hassle with the BE than it was worth, they wanted to see my bank statements, possible interview with her..paper work, justification she would come back etc etc, and stand to be corrected but think they where talking about a 4-6 week turn around...so couldnt be bothered in the end.

Most likely not want you want to hear, and this was quite a few years ago...maybe things have got easier.

It's even worse now the Brit Embassy have ''farmed it out so too speak'',worse of all to an Indian run Company,that do the visa's for the UK from India as well. So it does not take a degree in logic too know you have 2 hopes, 1 is Bob,[he's dead] and no hope my friend. :D

Refuse the visa's here,get quota cut,and increase quota for the Indians too get into the UK. :D

Well done Brit Emabssy, :o

To be honest I'm not that bothered about all the paper work involved... For my grandparents to get to meet my girlfriend before it's to late is worth the hassle :D

We both have good paying jobs and I can comfortably provide what the embassy is requesting so I'm not predicting to many problems :o

To be honest I'm not that bothered about all the paper work involved... For my grandparents to get to meet my girlfriend before it's to late is worth the hassle :D

We both have good paying jobs and I can comfortably provide what the embassy is requesting so I'm not predicting to many problems :o

All I can say to you is good luck then.....

Apply now. You will get a reply in around 5 days. The Visa is valid from when you apply and will last for 6 months.

If you can meet all the requirements you will be ok.

I just applied online for a visa for my Girlfriend.. nothing too dificult.. Just need to go to Bangers on Wednesday to drop off the paperwork and submit her biometric data.. Like you we both have decent jobs and she doesn't require any finacial assistance from me.. Hopefully it is as straightforward as it seems.. Will let you know next week :o