Marriage Affirmation

Hello Guys & Gals

I am getting married in February 2009 and was wondering if it is too early to get the affirmation to marry and the relevant translations/documents.

I have to go back to the UK to work for the next 3 months so was thinking of getting the paperwork done before I leave. I am arriving back in Thailand on a Tuesday and plan to go to the Amphur the following Saturday (14th Feb :o ). It seems from the relevant websites and information gathered here that I have enough time to get the paperwork in order but would prefer to get it done before to save the hassle and time.

So, basically, my question is: Is there a period of validity for the documents? and would the Amphur refuse to register the marriage if the documents were dated 3 months prior to marriage?

Thanks in advance :D

The papers are valid only for a period of 2 or 3 months, not sure. But I'm sure you will be applying to early if you do it now. As you said yourself, you can easily do it when you return. Don't forget that most of the work can be done by the translation agent. You might only need to go to your embassy yourself and the translation office can do the translation and legalisation at the foreign office.

Thanks very much guys.

Will do it when I return. I was kinda thinking of doing it now to save the time etc when friends and family are here.

Not going to run the risk of getting refused at the Amphur because of out-of-date paperwork. The missus would NOT be happy :o

Will probably get the translation agents to do the Ministry bit.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

If you don't want to wait around for the translation you can ask them to EMS it to you (for a fee of course).

If you have it sent to the "missus" home address you can be traveling in that direction instead of waiting.

By the way going back to your original post. The Amphur will be closed on Saturday.

By the way going back to your original post. The Amphur will be closed on Saturday.

We have checked with the Amphur at Bang Rak and they will be registering marriages on 14th Feb (valentines day). They will be setting up in a nearby hotel to deal with the masses of people wanting to register at that Amphur on that day.

Feb 14th!!!!!! You old smoothie.

Good luck to you both, have a great day.

Cheers :D

I wish I could take the credit for being that romantic. She suggested/decided/demanded the date!!!

I will have no excuse to forget our anniversaries :o

I wish I could take the credit for being that romantic. She suggested/decided/demanded the date!!!

Only one to remember is good try two.

One for the registration and the other for the big ceremony/party with the family.

Good Luck

Joe

Only one to remember is good try two.

One for the registration and the other for the big ceremony/party with the family.

Good Luck

Joe

Thanks Joe...

We are having the Ceremony and Party the next day. Usually terrible for remembering anniversaries and birthdays etc so Even I WONT be able (or allowed) to forget.