Drinking Ban

gk10002000

Just arrived Patters today. Didn't make it down to Soi 6 until later at night. Did notice during the day plenty of folks drinking north of 2nd road.

One note. Right on Beach Road at the bottom of Soi 8 there is that bar that always has a band and a girl singing. This bar starts that wrap around and has the little aisle with about one dozen other bars that makes an L and goes up Soi 8 a bit. It has dozens of stools and is usually impossible to get a seat. Tonight, there was not a full seat. Soi 7 and Soi 8 had the usual bunch of ladies and other types, but didn't see that many visitors. Other than that, the place looks about the same as in March. A few more glassed in bars on Soi 8. Hotels haven't offered much in the way of deals. I checked in with three before going to my usual haunt for one week while I pick out a monthly rental for the rest of my trip.

"Did notice during the day plenty of folks drinking north of 2nd road."

Even more confusing to me I thought 2nd Road runs basically South to North in direction ,,how can folks be drinking north of 2nd road shouldn't that be "drinking either east or west of 2nd road" ?

Edited by longball53098

Even more confusing to me I thought 2nd Road runs basically South to North in direction ,,how can folks be drinking north of 2nd road shouldn't that be "drinking either east or west of 2nd road" ?

North of 2nd road would be north of the dolphin roundabout - Naklua, can be quite busy up that way especially with those of Herman decent! :o

North of 2nd road would be north of the dolphin roundabout - Naklua, can be quite busy up that way especially with those of Herman decent! :o

You're quite right that Naklua is north of the circle and the bars on that road are north of 2nd road.

When I made my comment it was in reference to his title about the drinking ban and soi buakao which is east of 2nd road and then in the post he jumps to beach road and sois 7 and 8

So I guess as I stated I was confused and apparently more than I thought