Immigration Reporting Rules If Been Out Of Thailand Whilst On A Retirement Extension

I'm at present out of Thailand in my home country for a few months during the currency of a Thai Retirement Extension.

I have a Thai wife and when in Thailand we use her home address as my place of residence and for contact details.

What do I (or she) need to do and in what time frame when we return in December as far as Immigration is concerned.

Hope you didn't forget your re-entry permit. When you return to Thailand fill in the number of your re-entry permit and write re-entry permit above it.

So do I. If you did you will get a 30 day entry stamp and have to start the retirement extension all over again.

Okay, just to reiterate, the only requirement apart from regular 90 day reporting, is the entry processing at the airport on arrival back into the country.

I 'thought' I read here on T.V. in the past, that the Retirement Extension holders place of residence needed to be notified in the local Amphur somewhere?

I understand you do this in the original application, but thought it needed to be done again on returning to Thailand from overseas each time.

Maybe a "Senior Moment"?

Edited by fishhooks

There is a requiremnet to report your address but it is not enforced. When you fill out your TM6 on entry you put your address on that also.

If you are staying at a home, apartment, condo and etc. the owners are supposed to submit a form TM30 to immigration. Info here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...?page=alienstay

Thanks ubonjoe, that's what I was looking for.

I will be using the family home of my wife and family, so I guess she needs to fill in this TM30. The closest Immigration office would be Korat, which is a two hour bus trip, so imagine the local (Thepsathit) Police Station is applicable.

Does this mean every hotel and Guest House that foreigners stay in are submitting this info to Immigration virtually on a daily basis!

There must be a massive paper trail longer than the LOS itself.

If using a private address as your contact details, is this the situation where you say the rule is not often enforced?

A private address is fine, I wouldn't worry about the TM30 to much either if I were you. It's also not enforced for private residences. My wife has never reported that I am staying and we haven't had a problem.

I am not sure all of them do it but the big ones can do it by email. They also use a different form that has rows and columns for reporting.

There is a tread in the Chinag Mai forum saying the old rule is being enforced again by Chiang Mai immigration, but so far that is the only one.

I'm pretty sure I read a few months ago that they had also started enforcing it in Hua Hin.

Sophon

This link gives info on TM30 procedure. In the upper right had corner of page you will see the download button.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...?page=alienstay

Edit: If you want info on all reporting requirements take a look at sections 37 and 38 of immigration act.

Link: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/do...gration_Act.pdf

Edited by ubonjoe

Thanks again, also just found further info on the Chiangmai forum.

Seems the TM30 situation is being revived, so some may need to reconsider if they (or advise their Landlord etc) to comply.

Edited by fishhooks

There has been a big push/enforcement for businesses to do their reports for quite some time.

I don't know about the other reports called out in section 37 being enforced though.

A mod reported that immigration fined his wife for not making the TM30 report once when they were there doing his 90 day report or something like that.

What is to stop an arrivee giving the TM30 to the immigration officer at, say, Swampy, when he is entering the country, if the address where he is staying is known?

It is the owner of the place where you will be staying who has to report.

What is to stop an arrivee giving the TM30 to the immigration officer at, say, Swampy, when he is entering the country, if the address where he is staying is known?

I doubt very much that they would accept it. It has to be turned in at the local immigration office where you live.

Also unless you are the homeowner you are not the one that has to turn it in.

Edited by ubonjoe