House Green Village Ban Chang

chwanee

Hello

I wonder if someone have some info about this village, because

me and my wife have just bought a house here.

Not trying to be funny, but shouldnt you have checked the place out before you bought it...seems a bit late now trying to find information on the place.. :o

Hello

Not trying to be funny, but shouldnt you have checked the place out before you bought it...seems a bit late now trying to find information on the place.. :o

Ouite right, but its only my wife who have been down so i just want to know some more.

I know how it looks and so on, but some more info from perhaps someone who lives there

or nearby.

Hello

Ouite right, but its only my wife who have been down so i just want to know some more.

I know how it looks and so on, but some more info from perhaps someone who lives there

or nearby.

Cant talk about the place you have bought, but Ban Chang itself is ok, I have been living there for 7 years, nice quite "village/town", you will need your own transport to get around, you are basically equidistant from both Pattaya and Rayong about 35km either way to both

You will hear people mention the strip, this is a collection of bars and restaurants in Ban Chang, depending on the place you choose you can be "hassled" by the girls, if you wish or not hassled.

what do you want to know?

general info...

houses are good quality

there's a small centre to the village where you'll find a pool, changing rooms, small gym, shop with seating area to relax and have a drink, a park and basketball court

it's a new village-- i think they started about 4 years ago

probably about 120 houses there now

with room to double that one day

about 80 houses are lived in the others empty-

thai economy has been set to pause for the last 2 yrs-- military coup, followed by high inflation here, political uncertainy and now recession starting

so still feels like a work in progress- lots more construction yet to happen and houses to sell

it's location is quiet , 3 mins from payoon beach

and 5 mins from ban chang centre

but on the main payoon rd

population-- 40% farang 60% thai i reckon-

good as it means houses will be lived in all year long not just second homes lying empty for long periods-

the thais are all professional sort - who want the village to look good-- ( it's all a face thing )-

but this means probably that the village won't get neglected over time as so many do and look shabby in 15 years time

security is very good-

24 hr guards - and they do really check who you are

it's the 2nd most expensive moo-bahn village to live in in ban chang-- the first being the villages located on the eastern star golf course-

very similar to the other main choice in ban chang-- which is lomtalay

but newer-- lom talay is more established - the tress have grown further, people in all the houses, more of a lived in feeling as it's about 10yrs old

green ville is slightly better in terms of quality build, and as it's on the main payoon rd the land prices are higher-- lom talay is tucked away in quiet a hidden spot really unless you know it's there!

the architect has tried to do the village with a bit of style too-- there's a few splashes of 'modern design' around in the way that he's obviously been looking at some glossy interior design mags-- bit of a bangkok design feel about it

prices about 2.3- 3.5 m i think- check the website for more...

payoongreenvill.com

anything more?

general info...

houses are good quality

there's a small centre to the village where you'll find a pool, changing rooms, small gym, shop with seating area to relax and have a drink, a park and basketball court

thai economy has been set to pause for the last 2 yrs-- military coup, followed by high inflation here, political uncertainy and now recession starting

so still feels like a work in progress- lots more construction yet to happen and houses to sell

good as it means houses will be lived in all year long not just second homes lying empty for long periods-

the thais are all professional sort - who want the village to look good-- ( it's all a face thing )-

but this means probably that the village won't get neglected over time as so many do and look shabby in 15 years time

security is very good-

it's the 2nd most expensive moo-bahn village to live in in ban chang-- the first being the villages located on the eastern star golf course-

but newer-- lom talay is more established - the tress have grown further, people in all the houses, more of a lived in feeling as it's about 10yrs old

green ville is slightly better in terms of quality build, and as it's on the main payoon rd the land prices are higher-- lom talay is tucked away in quiet a hidden spot really unless you know it's there!

the architect has tried to do the village with a bit of style too-- there's a few splashes of 'modern design' around in the way that he's obviously been looking at some glossy interior design mags-- bit of a bangkok design feel about it

payoongreenvill.com

anything more?

Spot on. :o

I think that plots on the phase II expansion of the village have been bought already too.

Just to echo tvaddicts succinct summary of the houses; the build quality is relatively very good, with a 12 month guarantee on construction and workmanship. Any small problems encountered have been dealt with quickly and satisfactorily by the builders.

general info...

houses are good quality

security is very good-

payoongreenvill.com

anything more?

I think that plots on the phase II expansion of the village have been bought already too.

Just to echo tvaddicts succinct summary of the houses; the build quality is relatively very good, with a 12 month guarantee on construction and workmanship. Any small problems encountered have been dealt with quickly and satisfactorily by the builders.

First of all, many thanks for your answers, it sounds that the village is a good choice.

It will be very nice to come down for the first time "for me".

Then another question, do somebody know were we can buy a kitchen for a good price.

Peter

general info...

houses are good quality

security is very good-

payoongreenvill.com

anything more?

First of all, many thanks for your answers, it sounds that the village is a good choice.

Then another question, do somebody know were we can buy a kitchen for a good price.

Peter

There is a place in Ban Chang on the same road as the bars, just off Sukhumvit on the left hand side who will go custom kitchens for you, I have had cupboards and wooden floors put in by them in my place and they do a pretty good job and are reasonable costwise

general info...

houses are good quality

security is very good-

payoongreenvill.com

anything more?

Peter

There is a place in Ban Chang on the same road as the bars, just off Sukhumvit on the left hand side who will go custom kitchens for you, I have had cupboards and wooden floors put in by them in my place and they do a pretty good job and are reasonable costwise

Thanks, Do you also know any furniture shops in the area?

Thanks, Do you also know any furniture shops in the area?

There was a small Index on Sukhmvit, up past Tesco's towards U-tapo, never been in there, but my Mrs says the stuff in there is cr*p, you would be better going to Rayong...there are quite a few big furniture shops on Sukhumvit around the Laem Tong area, where you will be able to buy just about anything.

furniture shops that i know of:

in ban chang- the one already mentioned does custom kitchens

in rayong- Home Pro ( just before Laem Thong), another big obe on the right just after Laem Thong-- does bathrooms and kitchens

over on the maain bypass north of centre there's global house too - another biggy

in pattaya loads of choice- home pro upstairs at carrefour, pattaya klang, homeworks on sukhumvit by pattaya tai, and many more- some very expensive as it is pattaya after all!!

You may want to talk with the great young guy at the sales office as he seemed very helpful when I looked in there several months ago.

Also you have a Swedish neighbor that has been there about a month that has a custom kitchen and looks real nice. His place is the last row of homes on the soi up from the pool and his 2 storey is next to the wall of the land area and he just finished hanging some nice orchids in the garden. Ring his bell and talk with him I bet he can help.

Furniture shops in Rayong; Index on the main Sukumvit. Opposite is the SB Furniture shop. Index has a vast choice of stuff. SB has some real quality stuff. Searching through both places will take you the best part of an afternoon.

Home Pro (just before Laem Thong) is a good (huge) place to shop for tools; and any home improvements; kitchen; bathroom; garden; etc. I have had good service there, but know a few people that havn't. If you're not a good Thai speaker, take one with you if you are shopping for more than just small stuff.

The guy in Banchang "Lifehouse Furnishing" did my kitchen, and other "built-in" furniture. I have known the guy (he also owns a restaurant next to my office) for a while, so I got a good price. He is not cheap (for the area), but workmanship and service are excellent, so I'm happy to give him a plug and a name check. (Try getting a similar price & job done from any company in Pattaya...)

The Green Ville office team can give you a quote on any kitchen; built in furniture items, etc. But they quote much too high for extras, imo. Good Luck. :o

Edited by kmart

out of interest- how much does a kitchen cost

imagine you have a fridge, microwave, sink, and the granite worktops as is standard

but you haven't got any cupboards, drawers, etc

prices?

Granite, is not certainly not standard...

I paid about THB 280,0000 for my kitchen, with no applicances

what do you call it then?

marble effect grey stone (usually this is polished granite)

indeed even in the west when people refer to their marble kitchen work surfaces they really are talking about granite

(much cheaper than marble and similar in appearance)

a thin 15mm slab comes as standard in the western kitchens at green vill

the alternative (found in the lower height thai kitchens) is all over ceramic tiling

anyway- over 200,000 -- that is a lot!!!!

either it's a massive kitchen

or you've got some expensive materials

or you've overpaid

not sure which as lack knowledge in this area- hence original post

what do you call it then?

marble effect grey stone (usually this is polished granite)

indeed even in the west when people refer to their marble kitchen work surfaces they really are talking about granite

(much cheaper than marble and similar in appearance)

a thin 15mm slab comes as standard in the western kitchens at green vill

the alternative (found in the lower height thai kitchens) is all over ceramic tiling

anyway- over 200,000 -- that is a lot!!!!

either it's a massive kitchen

or you've got some expensive materials

or you've overpaid

not sure which as lack knowledge in this area- hence original post

As you know Thai houses are not big on "western" type kitchens, so if you want some thing along those lines, you end up paying for it..

compared to what I was quoted from the kitchen place in jontiem, THB 200,000 was cheap...compared to what they where quoting..

At the end of the day, its up to you how much you want to spend to get what you want.....you could get a kitchen in for THB 20,000 or up to the skys the limit...if you want quality you generally have to pay for it....more so in Thailand

Edited by Soutpeel

you said 280,000 before

it all depends on the materials and fittings so rather than beat about the bush--( i know western kitchens are expensive)

what did you get for your money?

e.g. is it teak, some other hardwood, or mdf, chipboard with laminates?

are parts imported, hinges, slide mechanisms with stops etc?

aluminium or stainless steel or chromium plated?

these are the variables affecting price and quality that are constant-

the other ofcourse is about workmanship

just wandered what you get for 280,000 baht?

you said 280,000 before

it all depends on the materials and fittings so rather than beat about the bush--( i know western kitchens are expensive)

what did you get for your money?

e.g. is it teak, some other hardwood, or mdf, chipboard with laminates?

are parts imported, hinges, slide mechanisms with stops etc?

aluminium or stainless steel or chromium plated?

these are the variables affecting price and quality that are constant-

the other ofcourse is about workmanship

just wandered what you get for 280,000 baht?

I would like to know what you get for that price too. My kitchen is not small and I was quoted for Oak in Pattaya about 100,000 less than this. Teak in the local village

even less. Just curious. Also, where is this Life House Furniture located exactly?

Beachbunny

Also, where is this Life House Furniture located exactly?

Beachbunny

If you're on the main Sukumvit, coming from Rayong; take a right at the 2nd set of traffic lights in the centre of Banchang. (If you're coming from Pattaya, it would be left at the 1st set t/l's).

The Life House shop is on the left, only about 30 yards off the main road.

Also, where is this Life House Furniture located exactly?

Beachbunny

If you're on the main Sukumvit, coming from Rayong; take a right at the 2nd set of traffic lights in the centre of Banchang. (If you're coming from Pattaya, it would be left at the 1st set t/l's).

The Life House shop is on the left, only about 30 yards off the main road.

Thanks, but we happened to find it looking for the other place that's supposed to be on the same road. My husband and him hit it off. He uses good quality hinge and slides and I

actually thought when I saw the sample cabinet they were made in the factory in BKK like Siam Mastic is......but no they have a workshop on the way to my friends house. Anyway he came to our house a couple hours later, saw our plans, did some measuring and is to give us a quote. The owner is very nice and the craftsmanship was way above what we have seen for small local shops.

Beachbunny

• 3 weeks later...
out of interest- how much does a kitchen cost

imagine you have a fridge, microwave, sink, and the granite worktops as is standard

but you haven't got any cupboards, drawers, etc

prices?

Granite, is not certainly not standard...

I paid about THB 280,0000 for my kitchen, with no applicances

I should have asked this before, but how satisfied are you with the kitchen cabinets you had made in Ban Chang?....From what I've seen at the store and the shop, IF they do

at least that quality of work I will be happy. It's really hard to find someone to make cabinets that even actually has adequate tools let alone using good hadware.

Would it be possible to post a picture of a section of your cabinets?

Also, in reply to the granite being standard....it may be standard in a finished house you are buying in a development, but you can be certain it is not standard......even for the developer, they are just offering it as standard and rest assured you are paying for it in the cost of the house.

Beachbunny

Edited by Beachbunny

as it says in post 16-

granite work tops are standard in payoon green vill-- because they are!

it's not a reference to all the other kitchens in rayong as clearly it would be ridiclous to claim that somebody knows what type they all are

anyway - to get back on track what do you get for 280,000 ?

pictures?

or a good description would be welcome-

without which we're all very much in the dark-

if anybody has had life furnishing do their kitchen what did it cost?

• 2 months later...
as it says in post 16-

granite work tops are standard in payoon green vill-- because they are!

it's not a reference to all the other kitchens in rayong as clearly it would be ridiclous to claim that somebody knows what type they all are

anyway - to get back on track what do you get for 280,000 ?

pictures?

or a good description would be welcome-

without which we're all very much in the dark-

if anybody has had life furnishing do their kitchen what did it cost?

The misses and me traveled up and down thailand the last copple of years to find us a good spot to settle down in the future and spend our holidays, we visited dozen and dozen of places untill we pass by payoongreenvill by accident.

i bought my house @ payoongreenvill last september and my house will be finished half april , im really happy with the location and service of the village. And where else you can find a house that close to the beach for that little money, this will be almost not possible in about 10 years time due to expansion and comming toerisme.(and this is sure to happen)

Only negative i found myself that the community of bang chang should clean up the beaches little better this would improve the toerisme and income of a lot of people.

i will do some work on the house myself when i arrive comming may for the simple reason i did not like the kitchens they put in , so will do this myself for the rest im really satisfied about there work on the house.

Cheers see all you payoongreen people in may :o

• 1 year later...

I agree that the Payoon Green Village development looks lovely and the houses seem to be built to a good standard... however is there not a potential problem with industrial/chemical pollution from the 'nearby' Matraphut ( ? ) Industrial estate ?

A friend of mine from Sattahip was about to buy at Payoon ...but changed his mind after finding out about this ... as he is married with young children.

The people at Payoon told him that there was unlikely to be a problem as the prevailing winds took the pollution away from the site ...but it seems that concerns have reached as far as the Thai Government who are ostensibly undertaking checks on the problem right now... but have so far made no definitive statement.

You can see the plants and the lovely flare stacks lighting up the night from Payoon Green Ville estate on any given evening.

There was a great big crane on the horizon putting up the new Dow Chemical plant (remember Bhopal, anyone?) close to there. But it's gone now, as the construction stage of this marvelous addition to Maptaphut's industrial output nears completion. :)

I agree that the Payoon Green Village development looks lovely and the houses seem to be built to a good standard... however is there not a potential problem with industrial/chemical pollution from the 'nearby' Matraphut ( ? ) Industrial estate ?

A friend of mine from Sattahip was about to buy at Payoon ...but changed his mind after finding out about this ... as he is married with young children.

The people at Payoon told him that there was unlikely to be a problem as the prevailing winds took the pollution away from the site ...but it seems that concerns have reached as far as the Thai Government who are ostensibly undertaking checks on the problem right now... but have so far made no definitive statement.

Love this quote,

"The people at Payoon told him that there was unlikely to be a problem"

What did you expect them to tell him?

Were they wearing S10 respirators at the time?

You can only laugh, Amazing Thailand indeed.

Edited by rgs2001uk

• 2 months later...

Trust me this will NOT be a problem in the future, for diffrend reasons , Yes its true the wind comming from the sea always blows land inward in the direction to mathaput making sure the air is clean in Ban Chang area. The mathaput industrial area is about 7 km away from Payoon and closed to this is the deapsea port the really big industry is on the other side of mathaput more near rayong.

Mathaput can not expand more into the payoon direction because for simple reason that next land belong to the Amphoe Ban Chang and almost all private owned, plus now with more and more people getting aware about eviroment causes the goverment to enforce strikter rules onto all industry, with the result that future expancion is not more possible in the mathaput industrial estate. ( this was the turnout of a lawsuit won by the goverment against the industry) @ the momment they industy is into a apeal with court but change will be almost zero that court wil change his rulling on this + people from area opens a new appeal to court to stop expansion in case the rulling should turn out wrong.

im living there now almost 2,5 year and never have any trouble with the industrial estate