Dragon Naturally Speaking 10

sleepyjohn

I help an elderly friend who has a shaking disease which greatly hinders his use of a keyboard.

He would like to write and use the internet more than he can, and needs Naturally Speaking 10.

Is it available locally?

(CM better but BKK OK)

thanks John

Book Chest in Bangkok would have it if any. May I'll check tomorrow when pass by that shop at Siam Square. Will let you know tomorrow evening.

Cheers.

Book Chest in Bangkok would have it if any. May I'll check tomorrow when pass by that shop at Siam Square. Will let you know tomorrow evening.

Cheers.

Hey Reimar how you doing.

What can I say. You're the greatest.

You coming to CM anytime?

Thankyou all for your replies, and one of you has kindly offered to supply NS10 for my friend, who is 80 and for whom it is a task just to write a one sentence email. (It is available from Amazon but if not a book could be a real pain to get here.)

We are minded to take up the offer, but have one or two queries....

Is it possible to get suitable noise cancelling headsets say here in CM or if not in BKK?

(normally they come with the software from Dragon).

Any recommendations.....and what's the price?

cheers John

Thankyou all for your replies, and one of you has kindly offered to supply NS10 for my friend, who is 80 and for whom it is a task just to write a one sentence email. (It is available from Amazon but if not a book could be a real pain to get here.)

We are minded to take up the offer, but have one or two queries....

Is it possible to get suitable noise cancelling headsets say here in CM or if not in BKK?

(normally they come with the software from Dragon).

Any recommendations.....and what's the price?

cheers John

John, it's not the Headset but the Microphone. You can use any microphone but the important is that you use all times the same distance between your mouth and the Mic! so a Mic like the Call center people using is much ok and you should get that in CM!

Cheers.

Any good, high quality headset with mic is available at the usual places in Chiang Mai. Pantip Plaza on ChangKlan near the Night Bazaar. Also, lots of shops in that gaggle of stores on the outer northwest corner of the moat, going east. Pay maybe 1000 baht, though they have much higher ones. I use a headset that cost about 800 baht