Laptop Repair In Surin?

mac.wheeler

I managed to dump an entire bottle of water onto my laptop whilst it was plugged into the mains. Of course it no longer powers up.

Does anyone know of a good repair shop in Surin? This is an expensive Asus G2S laptop and I would rather put it in the cupboard for a few months and get it repaired next time I am in the UK than give it to some dodgy back street bandit, so please only recomend somewhere decent.

Thanks in advance.

I managed to dump an entire bottle of water onto my laptop whilst it was plugged into the mains. Of course it no longer powers up.

Does anyone know of a good repair shop in Surin? This is an expensive Asus G2S laptop and I would rather put it in the cupboard for a few months and get it repaired next time I am in the UK than give it to some dodgy back street bandit, so please only recomend somewhere decent.

Thanks in advance.

I guess checking what exactly the damage inflicted on the Asus might be because of the water dropped on it should be the first step.

Then, and only then, repairs, if possible are next.

I would try to find the importer for Asus in Thailand.

And start from there.

And I assure you that even in Surin there will be decent repair shops.

No idea what the damage is, it seems dry now, the problem is it sat for about 10 hours, covered in water and conected to the mains (a whole night basically, I had no idea it had happened until I went to switchit on in the morning), my guess is the AC/charging circuit is fried, I removed the HDD, Optical drive, video card and RAM and dried those completely and gave the laptop 24 hours in a warm room with a fan blowingthrough the casing to dry it, still no luck.

I'll check out the place in Surin Plaza though cheers.

No idea what the damage is, it seems dry now, the problem is it sat for about 10 hours, covered in water and conected to the mains (a whole night basically, I had no idea it had happened until I went to switchit on in the morning), my guess is the AC/charging circuit is fried, I removed the HDD, Optical drive, video card and RAM and dried those completely and gave the laptop 24 hours in a warm room with a fan blowingthrough the casing to dry it, still no luck.

I'll check out the place in Surin Plaza though cheers.

Hi Mac.wheeler

My friend is a registered Asus dealer and has a thriving repair business here in Surin. IT Dot Com is located near to the 'Kings' roundabout(where the Elephants have breakfast in November) and opposite the Water Company. He is very knowledgable,honest and speaks good english(thanks to me!). He can be contacted on 0897223909 and his name is Prin. Tell him David gave you his number.

Good luck

Dave

Thanks in advance.

best bet: take a Bus to BKK and go to ASUS Directly, on RAMA4 and LumpiniPark. They will be very helpful, same time you may want to do some shopping or so...good Luck.

Cheers guys.

I opened up the case, checked inside and there is no visible sign of water damage, so I think I'm going to give Asus Global Care a call, the laptop is still in waranty, and I might get a free fix out of them, I'll just tell them it won't power on for some reason, see how it goes.

Cheers guys.

I opened up the case, checked inside and there is no visible sign of water damage, so I think I'm going to give Asus Global Care a call, the laptop is still in waranty, and I might get a free fix out of them, I'll just tell them it won't power on for some reason, see how it goes.

Mac,

I live and work here in Bangkok if you want you can send it up to me and I will have my IT Manager take it to ASUS for you. I know it's a pain traveling from Issan to here as I have a home in Burirum that I now visit every 3 months or so.

If I can help let me know.

Dan

Mac,

I live and work here in Bangkok if you want you can send it up to me and I will have my IT Manager take it to ASUS for you. I know it's a pain traveling from Issan to here as I have a home in Burirum that I now visit every 3 months or so.

If I can help let me know.

Dan

Cheers Dan, I may well take you up on that offer, I have loose plans to head into Bangkok at the start of December, if it turns out those plans don't come to fruition I'll get in touch with you.

Cheers.