Another Shooting Soi Mango

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at the 7/11 near the burger king, i didn't hear the shooting but i saw a lot of people moving, i thought everyone was going to the solo but i understood when i saw the ambulances coming fast.

i can't give more informations as i'm not a witness of this tragic fact...

I was talking to a Guy this morning who said he was there, no more than 10 yards away & saw what happened & had never seen a Man die before & he was still visibly shaken up..

He said one got Shot at Point Blank Range ( Thai V's Thai ) & another got shot in the Leg ( Thai V's Thai )..

Also went on to say that it was a " Rich Kid " from BKK who was the Son of a prominent Politician who was getting some grief of some Locals, 10 mins after, that happened..

One Thai man was shot dead at sweet soul outside the Green Mango club at 2.15am Friday morning, another was injured and departed the scene on the back of a friends motorbike. This is not hearsay i was there along with over 100 other Thais and tourists.

I am sure there will be more detail in the next edition of the Samui Express

I was talking to a Guy this morning who said he was there, no more than 10 yards away & saw what happened & had never seen a Man die before & he was still visibly shaken up..

He said one got Shot at Point Blank Range ( Thai V's Thai ) & another got shot in the Leg ( Thai V's Thai )..

Also went on to say that it was a " Rich Kid " from BKK who was the Son of a prominent Politician who was getting some grief of some Locals, 10 mins after, that happened..

you mean that the one shot was the "rich kid" and that he was bothering locals OR he was being bothered by locals 10 minutes before?

:o

you mean that the one shot was the "rich kid" and that he was bothering locals OR he was being bothered by locals 10 minutes before?

:o

The one shot was not the rich kid, the one's that were bothering him were shot, allegedly..

I'm happy to see that you Samui guys aren't falling back on BS like "It happens everywhere in the world" like some around here often do. Good job.

Back to the topic - why doesn't any of this ever end up on YouTube? With all those tourists and camera phones around you'd think one of these days they would.

I'm happy to see that you Samui guys aren't falling back on BS like "It happens everywhere in the world" like some around here often do. Good job.

Back to the topic - why doesn't any of this ever end up on YouTube? With all those tourists and camera phones around you'd think one of these days they would.

Agree Kohessti....am a Samui resident and find these countinuing gang shootings very distrubing....this is an issue of safety for us ALL who live here and/or care about Samui! This happens every 6 months or so AND thoes are the only ones we actually hear about. THIS IS a...THE...topic for this thread, if ever there was one :o

beg to differ

it does happens every where in the world any where in night life venues. it is not BS... as Samuians have no obligation to have higher morals just because a bunch of farrangs presume that Samui should be a utopia.

While i consider this violent act as a terrible waist... and i strongly appose this violence. i am also aware that this is human nature to be stupidly violent.

and for a fact ....in comparison Samui is very very peaceful compared with any western destination.

but before all our anti "Everything Thailand" friends accuse me of not producing the facts

here is the crime rate stats for countries:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_...imes-per-capita

surprisingly new zealand. Finland and Denmark and the UK are very dangerous places to live.

Edited by highdiver

I'm with you. I live in Thailand and crime here is what matters to me. Stating one' concerns is not "Thai bashing"; it's simply voicing one's opinions.

beg to differ

it does happens every where in the world any where in night life venues. it is not BS...

As soon as I congratulate you guys for not being like the posters from that other island always handy with excuses and rationalisations, up pops HD (my fault, I should have kept quiet). Look, I AM NOT BASHING Thailand. It's just a simple indisputable fact that this forum is for people interested in Samui/KPG/Koh Tao/Thailand. If something that happens here happens elsewhere in the world it is irrelevant. How about if everytime someone posts about a new restaurant, several people posted "So what, there are new restaurants everywhere in the world". Or if someone asked about diving and someone posted, "Oh, there is good diving all over the world. Have you tried the Caribbean?". Would you think they are adding any value to this forum? No, they wouldn't.

Now, back to the topic at hand - Do they ever catch these guys who go around shooting people? About 2 years ago a couple farang (one Swedish?) were shot around Green Mango, right? Did they ever catch them? Samui seems like a great place to get away with a lot of bad things (I know, I know, there are a lot of places... ) :o

Edited by koheesti

Now, back to the topic at hand - Do they ever catch these guys who go around shooting people? About 2 years ago a couple farang (one Swedish?) were shot around Green Mango, right? Did they ever catch them? Samui seems like a great place to get away with a lot of bad things (I know, I know, there are a lot of places... ) :o

If i remember correcly it was end of 2006 or begining 2007, a Danish and a Norweigian guy. Dont think they caught the shooters. But many of these things are drug-related i think. Maybe the police look a little between the fingers in those cases. And maybe even the maffia have some policeconnections and pay them off. (Don´t know this for a fact, just speculating. Could ad a link that proves absolutely nothing and claim it as fact but i don´t).

On the other hand there was a innocent girl (English i think) that were raped and killed on chaweng beach that newyears eve (2006) and they caugh the guys and gave them death penalty and killed them before the end of januari. Fast trial. So in one way it looks that police look serious on crime agains innocent tourists, but not as serious on the drug-dealers individual shootings. I don´t know. Only sad thing about it is they do the shootings in very public areas. Hopefully they are good at aiming so no innocent people get hurt.

The fact that this indeed do happen everywhere in the world dont mean anything in this thread. Still very tragic.

Mattias,

These two guys that were caught for the rape, were not executed in January 2006, afaik, they're still somewhere in a Thai jail.

Am i mixing two incidents that happened at a similar time? I know around this same time there was a 7 year old Swedish girl that got raped in a hotel in chong moen. Byt hotel staff actually. Was it that guy that got killed immideatly?

I can be confusing things up, there where a few serious incidents within months.

Or was it just the word they quickly wanted out that they gave them death penalty, to show tourists that they look serious at this? I know newspapers showed their pictures and said they got deathpenalty. They also confesed the crime so they where without any doubt guilty.

Mattias,

These two guys that were caught for the rape, were not executed in January 2006, afaik, they're still somewhere in a Thai jail.

Am i mixing two incidents that happened at a similar time? I know around this same time there was a 7 year old Swedish girl that got raped in a hotel in chong moen. Byt hotel staff actually. Was it that guy that got killed immideatly?

I can be confusing things up, there where a few serious incidents within months.

Or was it just the word they quickly wanted out that they gave them death penalty, to show tourists that they look serious at this? I know newspapers showed their pictures and said they got deathpenalty. They also confesed the crime so they where without any doubt guilty.

no Mattias you are not mixing it up. they were given the death sentence however they're still in Jail pending execution or mercy from the king.

The rape of the young Swedish girl was supposedly also in Lamai and not in Choengmon, if I'm remembering correctly.

Wasn't a staff member arrested for that?

Edited by limbos

Another shooting saturday night at the Nathon fair lead to the death of another young Thai, shot 4 times. Have this from 3 independant sources, one of them eye witness, and I saw the police this morning taking up a report (hope they saved evidence earlier). Apparently a young Thai from the northeast, working somewhere at the fair, fired on and killed a local youngster.

Mods feel free to delete this if you think not enough evidence or wrong threat.

The rape of the young Swedish girl was supposedly also in Lamai and not in Choengmon, if I'm remembering correctly.

I beleive he was caught and confesed very quick. Maybe even the same day?

No, it was in choeng mon. At least the one i´m talking about.

no Mattias you are not mixing it up. they were given the death sentence however they're still in Jail pending execution or mercy from the king.

Thanks hd, i remember it being all over the newpapers with pictures even, and i remember me being shocked that it all happened so fast, even my wife said it was a ast trial even for Thailand.

So, how does this work? Can you be convicted and given death penalty and then delay it for 2 years and more waiting for Hmtk to give mercy? Very strange... :o ?

Sorry, off topic i know but still. Hd?

Thanks hd, i remember it being all over the newpapers with pictures even, and i remember me being shocked that it all happened so fast, even my wife said it was a ast trial even for Thailand.

So, how does this work? Can you be convicted and given death penalty and then delay it for 2 years and more waiting for Hmtk to give mercy? Very strange... :o ?

well actually yes. and its the same thing in the USA. once given a death sentence the execution can be delayed by appealing to the court of appeals and if they approve it it can be appealed all the way to the supreme court. and if that does not work then a request for a pardon from the king to substitute the death sentence to a lifetime imprisonment .

the above process can take many years and if the lawyers are good it can take many more years. during which the prisoner is still held as sentenced to death. but execution is delayed.

well actually yes. and its the same thing in the USA. once given a death sentence the execution can be delayed by appealing to the court of appeals and if they approve it it can be appealed all the way to the supreme court. and if that does not work then a request for a pardon from the king to substitute the death sentence to a lifetime imprisonment .

the above process can take many years and if the lawyers are good it can take many more years. during which the prisoner is still held as sentenced to death. but execution is delayed.

Interresting. Death penalty does not excist in my part of the world so i have zero clue. I just thought that when the guilt is without doubt (like confesion) and the crime is murder, it should go quick.

Ok, learning something new every day. Thx. :D