Visa Extension

Hi,

I currently have a 2 month tourist visa (which expires in one week) and believe I can extend it for one month. Firstly, where abouts is the imigrations office located and what time is it open to? All next week I will be teaching until 3:30pm each day. Secondly, what documents will I need in order for the 30 day extension to be approved?

Thankyou,

Dj.

Yes it can be extended for 30 days.

TM. 7 (application must be made in person)

To download form: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download

Passport copy Photo page, visa, and entry stamp pages.

Copy of TM6 arrival/departure card.

Passport picture 4x6 cm

Application fee 1,900.- Baht

Link to ifo on location: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=location

Edited by ubonjoe

Actually, you cannot extend the validity of your tourist visa, which by the way probably was issued with a validity time of three or six months. What you are referring to is extended permission to stay another 30 days in addition to the 60 days that were granted upon your arrival. This extension is done as ubonjoe has described above.

Thankyou all.

I realise it is illegal to work without a work permit, however I only obtained the job on the 24th to start on the 27th, and my Visa runs out on the 6th. The school is going to organise a work permit for me but as I understand it is a bit of a lengthy process so that looks like my only option.

I realise it is illegal to work without a work permit, however I only obtained the job on the 24th to start on the 27th, and my Visa runs out on the 6th. The school is going to organise a work permit for me but as I understand it is a bit of a lengthy process so that looks like my only option.
Actually the application process is as quick as your employer can collect the papers together and submit them to labour. Once the WP 3 application is accepted by labour (pending a non immrant visa) then you can make a visa run with the correct papers and apply for a 90 day single entry non immigrant B visa.

Once labour have a copy of your visa, then the process of issuing the WP commences; this can take up to 8 weeks. It is still illegal to work during this period, but if you are caught, the fact that the WP application is in process may help your case.

Working on a tourist visa is illegal and you risk a strong sanction if caught.