Nearest Golf Course From Bangkok

billionareHuman

Thai Golfer is a great source of information with reviews, maps and links.

As to how much a taxi is, I guess it depends on where you are departing from and what time of day. Central Bangkok (say Sathorn & Rama 4) to Muang Kaew is probably about 175 baht + toll fees, but that's just a guess. It's one of the closer courses to that side of town.

If you are in North Bangkok, then maybe try Muang Ake (spelling?) in the Rangsit Area, a taxi perhaps being closer to 200 baht, but again a guess.

Good luck

Soi224

Went to muang ake today and you were spot on Soi224 with the taxi free, it was 220 there and 250 back I live in ramkhampang currently. The course was alright but the heat was devasting, I didn't have an umbrella as I thought I wouldn't need it, I think I lost a lot of weight through sweat. Next time I won't go because I think I need a golf cart all the time in bangkok

Hi,

Glad it was right, but had I known where you were, I would have suggested somewhere different, like Panya Indra which is literally just around the corner from you it sounds like. I would guess something like a 100 baht taxi ride at most unless you are on the other end of Ramkhamhaeng close to Rama 9.

It's a nice enough place and close to Fashion Island shopping mall.

Even closer to you is Krungthep Kreetha which is a lovely place.

Soi224

Went to muang ake today and you were spot on Soi224 with the taxi free, it was 220 there and 250 back I live in ramkhampang currently. The course was alright but the heat was devasting, I didn't have an umbrella as I thought I wouldn't need it, I think I lost a lot of weight through sweat. Next time I won't go because I think I need a golf cart all the time in bangkok

We played there Monday and it was hot, played again today and it was pleasant, cloudy and breezy. In fact we play there just about three times every week.

I guess that you haven’t played much golf in Thailand else you would have realised that it is wise to use an umbrella, wear a hat and to drink at least three bottles of cool water whilst playing. Start drinking at the first hole and space it out evenly. If you don’t then you could easily have to be carried off the golf course.

A good guide is you pee, if you don’t during the round, or its yellow then you are not drinking enough. You would be surprised if I told you how many non-thais I have seen struggling and pale faced by the twelfth hole. May I also suggest that you try and walk in the shade if there is any..learn from the caddies.

We played there Monday and it was hot, played again today and it was pleasant, cloudy and breezy. In fact we play there just about three times every week.

I guess that you haven’t played much golf in Thailand else you would have realised that it is wise to use an umbrella, wear a hat and to drink at least three bottles of cool water whilst playing. Start drinking at the first hole and space it out evenly. If you don’t then you could easily have to be carried off the golf course.

A good guide is your pee, if you don’t during the round, or its yellow then you are not drinking enough. You would be surprised if I told you how many non-thais I have seen struggling and pale faced by the twelfth hole. Also watch where the caddies walk..in the shade whenever possible..so learn from them

john45 you're right it was my first time playing in bangkok, quite a shock! I never drank so much! Do you live near there is that why you go that one, or you just like it?

I think I might try Panya Indra or Krungthep Kreetha next time

Yes, we live about 15 minutes away and have both been members for over a year now. I actually prefer Tanyatanee but its just that bit too far away and the traffic can be bad. Actually our course is closed on the next two Mondays..external comps..so we are going to Tanyatanee this Monday. There, Mondays and Fridays are Sports Days 500Baht+ ..Fridays are busy though.

You could also try Chuan Chuen and Lamlukka, I’m sure that they have some offers on certain days. Personally we wouldn’t normally pay 1500Baht plus to play. We only play the Hau Hin courses when offers are on, usually August. Although must admit we did play the two best courses in NZ whilst there..expensive though!

Before we were members at Muang Ake we actually played a little more often than now and at a number of courses, it was costing us over 50000Baht/month..golf is more expensive than the UK, due mainly to the caddie and caddy tip of course.

As a drink tip, I always take one bottle of chilled water and two bottles of frozen water (in the freezer overnight) with me and drink all of these plus buying the odd pepsi on the course, my wife drinks less but she is Thai so is used to the heat. Have a look at www dot thaigolfer dot com, Plenty of info and I have commented on a few of the courses around here.

Hope this helps.