Vietnam Embassy, Bangkok

jamesjdaly

Hi all

According to the Vietnamese Embassy's website in BKK, they are open.....

Office hours for public :

8h30 - 11h30 ; 13h30 -16h30 from Monday to Friday.

This seems pretty straightforward, but in having dealt with many embassies and consulates in many countries in my life, I have found that most of them are open for applications in the mornings, and passport collection in the afternoon (eg Thai embassy KL, Singapore, Penang; UK visa service Bangkok etc etc).

Can I apply at any time mentioned above, or is it mornings only for applications.

I tried to call the embassy, but would have better luck in getting connected to Saturn!! Also, there isn't anything in the pinned topic at the top of the main page.

Thanks

JD

OH, come on!! Someone must have been to the VN embassy recently!!

I was there yesterday (and about 15 times previously this year).

I always do my visa applications in the morning but that's only because the Embassy is conveniently on the way to work. As far as I know you can make an application in the afternoon but I couldn't 100% guarantee it.

When I arrived at the embassy yesterday (approx 8.50am) there was a queue of about 6 people waiting to submit visa applications, however the two counter staff (one for visas and one for consular stuff) were both sitting in an adjacent room watching TV and completely ignoring waiting "customers". Eventually at around 9.15am whatever they were watching on TV finished and they deigned to start work.

• 2 years later...

I'm visiting Vietnam shortly and I've done a search for the official Vietnamese embassy but I don't trust anything I find, could this be the official one? Vietnam Embassy Or is it just another scammer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've got to put my application in tomorrow and hopefully collect either the next day or Thursday...

Re #11-I think you are right,that's not the actual Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkoks website, although it does seem have a link to the proper site.It appears to be a commercial site supplying the pre-approved visa for Vietnam,there's plenty of discussion on TV as to whether this is a good way to go,there are both pros and cons for it.I have personally never applied for a pre-approved visa,but I've always been to the Vietnamese Embassy in person,and never had a problem.You can apply in the morning or afternoon,and collect the passport with visa the next day after 15.00

The bottom of the page states:

"Disclaimers: This is Not the official website of the Embassy of Vietnam, it is provided for informational purposes only."

This is the official website http://www.vietnamembassy-thailand.org/vi/

as lekatai says the personal application process is painless but you pay more for express processing (next day) so if you can wait 3~4 days it is cheaper.